if i'm playing, i'm not buying....

Equipment is fun so unless I'm reviewing equipment I like to look around and tinker. There's just so much cool equipment and part of the fun of golf for me is trying it out and finding what works best. These days though I'm just looking to try stuff out more vs. outright purchase.

I bought a putter between nines once. I like equipment so I change clubs at times during the season. When I was playing competitive golf I used to try and lock down my bag around mid-may until the end of July when the major amateur events in the state would be over. Now I don't have that limitation.

Last edited:
I'm using some old clubs that I have inherited from a few separate people. I am hoping to invest in a full bag (and a new bag itself) before the end of the year. After that, I think I'll buy periodically every year or so

This is absolutely me and why off-seasons kill me haha

The more I play the more I buy. Thankfully I dont play as much as I practice. I'd be broke.

Ny bag has been stable for several years now. I'd like to change it up but I can't justify it because I haven't been playing.:(

I went 9 years on my irons before replacing them at the end of last season. I did replace my driver(with a used one) after 5 years on it.
My 3 wood was replaced last year after 5 years as well. The putter is 9 years old and I have no intention of replacing it any time soon.
The wedges? That's another story. I tend to replace them every season or season and a half.
This year will be mostly ball purchases, but I am pondering replacing my 20* hybrid with something that has more loft.

Still working on getting my bag set the way I want it. So still looking for a 3w & possibly a sureout or CBX wedge, but both may have to wait till the budget allows. Not to say that I'm not always looking for a great deal that I can afford.

IF golf goes the way of mountain biking...i'm going to be buying a lot. I currently have 5 bikes. while most are economically priced, my main whip cost the equivalent of Mavrik Driver, 3W and 5W, a Triple Track Stroke Lab putter and THREE sets of Epic Forged 4i-AW. ;)

Hopefully, I'll focus on spending $$ on playing golf with friends instead of being a total gear ****.

Back