If Skill Wasn’t an Issue: Iron Edition

Cobra Forged Tech. Which hopefully I will improve enough back to where I was playing when I stopped in my early 30’s to be able to play them.
Have you given them a hit at all? You might be surprised just how forgiving they are.

Have you given them a hit at all? You might be surprised just how forgiving they are.

I haven’t given the new version of them a chance yet. I love the look of them and I have read quite a bit about them and will be trying them in the near future.

I am another one who would go with a current range - I have a combo Srixon Z-Forged/Z785 set but if I had the skill I would go all Z-Forged

Could possibly be tempted by the MP-20 but nothing else really grabs me at the moment

I haven’t given the new version of them a chance yet. I love the look of them and I have read quite a bit about them and will be trying them in the near future.
Definitely give them a hit. I loved the look of them but thought they were a mile out of my abilities. Gave them a whirl and they were just exactly the clubs for me. With the right fit and shaft they are surprisingly forgiving and easy to hit.

Wilson’s current Staff model.

These for sure. I think they're the best looking irons ever.

titleist-718-cb-irons.jpg

true blades from Mizuno or Wilson Staff. Currently game Mizuno MP 18 MC's which are as close to a true blade as I'm willing to go. Great irons!

The old school Nike VR Pro Combos - right before the Vapor lines. I just loved how those looked. They were easier to hit than I expected them to be, but still a really small head with not a ton of forgiveness.

Srixon Z-Forged Irons....they are beautiful

Either the Mizuno MP20 or the Taylor Made TW blades. Those clubs are gorgeous

other than my Nike Vapor Pro blades

Image result for fg62 blades
Beat me to them. Now I’ll have to dig up another classic 😁 - probably a set of the old button back dynapowers 👍

Can I change my mind and say the new Rickie Fowler blades! Those look gorgeous from the pictures and videos but everything past 8 iron scares me..

Years ago I had a custom made set of blades from a company called Blade Golf. It turns out I wasn't good enough for them but they were a thing of beauty. I sent my set to someone who had his clubs stolen I hope they are still in play somewhere.

MP-20 combo

Can I change my mind and say the new Rickie Fowler blades! Those look gorgeous from the pictures and videos but everything past 8 iron scares me..

Don't be scared. I have seen sharper knives before. It was at a sushi restaurant but still..

Probably something in the Mizuno MP line. I have always loved the looks of them.

Ooft, me too. Love the look, but I can just imagine catching one a little thin on a cold Scottish morning. Hands would be numb for days 😂

Haven't seen blades much but one of the best players I've golfed with had Apex MB and his workability with those clubs was second to none.

Apex MB. Tiger's irons a very close 2nd.

Mizuno Forged Blades, or Callaway MB they always look so pretty!

The new wilson staff blades. Probably wouldn't hit them, just look at them and admire them

I have no idea specifically what I would play, but I can guarantee they’d be black.

This.....From all the clubs that I have hit, these P7TW's or the Muira's feel absolutely fantastic. When I struck them solid, went just as far as my T200's with more spin. If I could guarantee a solid strike each time, these are it.

Already have them, but am shy about what would happen on the truly "off" days.

2019_09_14_0234_upd_1000 by dthrog00, on Flickr

I'm going with the TE Forged this year to get more forgiveness while maintaining the excellent feel.

Dave

Back