If Skill Wasn’t an Issue: Iron Edition

Years ago I had a custom made set of blades from a company called Blade Golf. It turns out I wasn't good enough for them but they were a thing of beauty. I sent my set to someone who had his clubs stolen I hope they are still in play somewhere.
I remember those, re-gripped a set for a customer, got to talking about them, turned out he was a college room mate of the company owner, kind of a young guy....Beautiful irons, classic mb.

Wilson V6 Tours, Apex MB or the P7TW irons. All gorgeous.

Same set I already Play.......Mizuno MP-20 Blades (not a brag, im just one of those that hit irons significantly better if they are very compact and thin). I tried the "good advice" of going to bigger GI clubs since evryone said it would lower my scores (it actually went around 3 shots higher) and bought Ping 400, Titelist AP1 and T-200. Had to sell them all and go back to blades. Plain and simple.

Titleist 620 MB irons... So pretty

I kinda lived the dream last season, and alternated between Apex MB (40%) and Z-Forged (60%). Both of those sets check all the boxes, but if I am looking towards new, shiny, and pure sex appeal the new MP-20 blades, TM P7TW. and Ben Hogan Icon blades all look really good. It would be fun to pit those three against each other for WITB rights.

Toss up for me - I loved the old Callaway X-Proto's but never played them. I absolutely loved my VR Pro Forged blades and just got my first simulator round in with the P-7TWs so the honeymoon phase is still in full effect.

These are money

Attachments

• 56FE0E3D-CFFE-4377-9462-E1F451F524AC.jpeg
    56FE0E3D-CFFE-4377-9462-E1F451F524AC.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 9
Tommy Armour V-31 845's

Back when I didn't know these were for really really good players.

A lot of off center hits, but when I hit is right, OMG! It felt awesome.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

What I am playing now that are above my skill level- MP20 .

CF8FF612-CEFB-41D8-B102-5BE8164B83D6.png
Played Ping irons for years but usually G series with a few I series every so often but would be fun to play the Blueprints if I had the swing

1583296513001.png

OR

1583296705465.png

These were fun to game. I just don't get to play enough to be good with them.
6183b35a52dd29b9ffe5ba229950595a.jpg

other than my Nike Vapor Pro blades

Image result for fg62 blades

Those are my gamers, too pretty to take out of the bag. My clubs may be sexier than my score, but who cares?

Haven’t even seen a set in person but the P7TW would be nice to own and actually be able to play.

Definitely the new Wilson Staff blades. My game would suffer with those in the bag but I may eventually do it anyway just so I can look at them all day. I have a set of old FG-17s that I break out for practice every once in a while but as someone who's only broken into the 70s twice in their lifetime it's definitely a humbling experience. If I could find a club that looked like that but played as easy as my XR Pros I'd switch today.

So many to choose from! Top three for me:

Wilson Staff Model

Taylormade P7-TW

Mizuno MP-20

Last edited:
Those are my gamers, too pretty to take out of the bag. My clubs may be sexier than my score, but who cares?
I may just have to say WTF, and make my move to eBay to find a set 👍

Mizuno MP20.

Back