If the Broncos are sold for $4.5 billion

echico

#MOIJacking
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The highest for any US sports team. If all the teams were for sell now who is over the $4.5 billion number. I think the obvious answers are the Yankees, dodgers, Cowboys, and Lakers. Who else? Which team wouldn't go over $1 billion?

Last edited:
I doubt any NFL, NBA, or MLB teams would be valued under $1B. Heck even some MLS teams are approaching $1B valuations.

MLS teams WOW! I recall the Lerner's stole (in my opinion) the Nationals for something like $500M, they were last valued over $2B that's what 4 fold increase in about 20 years - nice work if you can get it.

The highest for any US sports team. If all the teams were for sell now who is over the $4.5 billion number. I think the obvious answers are the Yankees, dodgers, Cowboys, and Lakers. Who else? Which team wouldn't go over $1 billion?
Celtics would be in there.
I would have to look up to see who owns real estate too.

Forbes does articles on this - but they can be wrong, example they value the Commanders at $4.2B - I think they are slightly off - by about $4.2B. As long as Snynder owns them they are void of value.

I think both celtics and golden state right now - just watching the finals. Avalanche in Hockey. I'm just going off of finals teams from the past week.

I have to imagine most NFL teams would go for around that number or over it

I'm not talking valuation. I'm talking free market. All the teams are for sale and the Broncos are the first to sell. Where do we start to fall in?

I know we're talking about US sports, but Chelsea FC just sold for $5.35 Billion.

I'd bet the Yankees, Lakers, Celtics would easily be there. Maybe the crappiest team in baseball Cubs.

Celtics? I would have had Knicks and Warriors over them. Maybe Brooklyn and the Clippers.

MLB I’d say only Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Red Sox

I'm not talking valuation. I'm talking free market. All the teams are for sale and the Broncos are the first to sell. Where do we start to fall in?
I’d Say at least half of the NFL would sell for more than Broncos

Celtics? I would have had Knicks and Warriors over them. Maybe Brooklyn and the Clippers.
The price tag on history has a huge bonus for potential owners. Most NBA titles looks great on a place holder.

I’d Say at least half of the NFL would sell for more than Broncos
I would consider the Broncos to be at least in the top 10 of NFL franchises with all things considered. In US sports they are in the top quarter at least. That is me spit balling it not really putting pen to paper.

I would say most NFL teams would be in nearly the same price range as I believe (though I could be very wrong) that they do profit sharing between all teams.

MLB I would think Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, and Cubs would go for more than all the others, maybe the Braves are up there thanks to TBS

Rams own the new stadium in LA don't they? I would have to imagine they are in that range of values too.

I would consider the Broncos to be at least in the top 10 of NFL franchises with all things considered. In US sports they are in the top quarter at least. That is me spit balling it not really putting pen to paper.
I wouldn't. :ROFLMAO:

Thats why they had to WAY overpay to get a Franchise QB before this sale.

Which team wouldn't go over $1 billion?

Sadly my Reds might be on the list. They would go for more than a billion, but not much more. They're probably a bottom 10 valued team of all the 3 major sports leagues.

The price tag on history has a huge bonus for potential owners. Most NBA titles looks great on a place holder.
I was even alive for one of them! Still don’t see them being in the same league as the Lakers, Knicks, and Warriors.

I was even alive for one of them! Still don’t see them being in the same league as the Lakers, Knicks, and Warriors.
It shows what current and winning does, because before Curry, the Warriors were on the chopping block constantly about being sold, being moved, etc.

It shows what current and winning does, because before Curry, the Warriors were on the chopping block constantly about being sold, being moved, etc.
That’s my case study for star athletes being underpaid!

Rams own the new stadium in LA don't they? I would have to imagine they are in that range of values too.
Yes Stan owns the stadium and charges the Chargers a $1 a year in rent I believe.

Avs are only valued at $680M. Walton already mentioned a new stadium presumably on land his cuz-in-law Kroenke owns next to Ball Arena. He wants to build an entertainment district between them like in Phoenix. This would help the value of all the teams in Denver.

Back