If there was one thing you could change about the Ryder Cup what would it be?

What are people's thoughts on having an independent body do the course setup rather than the home team? With the home crowd advantage plus control of the course setup seems like a lot to potentially overcome for the visiting team.

I have no issue with the home team deciding the course setup.

I do not think the set up has a big influence. If someone had 10 yard wide fairways at 300 yards and wanted a putting comp0etition, they would be picked up as cheating , and rightly so.

Not sure where I sit with crowd behaviour , from the visions I’ve seen it funny and colourful in parts , but I imagine that a day full of it , would be boring.

I applaud the innovation etc of some of the groups and individuals , but equally this a serious golf tournament , and not a audition for ‘ who’s got talent ‘ …

Additionally it’s not a drinking competition which also deteriorates behaviour during the day

Golf is not footy, or cricket or any high speed or intensity game , think that maybe a little more respect and wind back a little of the enthusiasm and vitriol would be better for them game and spectacle. After all it’s about the players and teams not about the spectators.

Cant comment re coverage , we get ours on foxtel so unsure of the source , don’t like the folksy commentary or the ‘ billy ray ‘ yes style of commentary, prefer it to be informative and factual and with reference to things we may or may not know of the game ,equipment used and course .

Win a hole…. Take shot?

I think ”honors” on the tee box should be reversed in the RC. If you’re leading you should be able to go last or even defer to see what’s going on with the elements.

The tiny junkified tuna fish can cheapo trophy. Looks like something you would get in a cracker jax box.

Instead of the captains submitting their full lineups, and the matches being what they end up being, announce the lineup match by match, like the Presidents Cup. Give the people the matches they want to see!

That's my change also. Let's see the matchups we all want to see!!

I seriously was extremely annoyed with BMW. I don't know who's more to blame, them for making it or NBC for showing it 5 gazilion times

The small chance of a future BMW in my garage(I’m an Audi guy) is zero now after having to watch their commercials. :)

Better spectator friendly venues. WS is an awesome track layout wise, but it was terrible for viewing. So many dips and bumps made it tough to see, and they wouldn’t always let you stand up on a hill to see the shots.

And on flatter courses most who are not in the stands can’t see anything when all the spectators are crowded on 4 holes. I was at the Hazeltine RC and at 6’ tall spent most of the day standing on my tippy toes trying to catch a glimpse of the action. I’ll go to another RC but the viewing experience is terrible compared to going to another major where the fans are spread out over the entire course.

That's what I don't like about it. They should make it EXACTLY what is done at the US Olympic trial for the Olympic. For example, in the 100 meters, you either have to finish in the top 3 to make the Olympic or you're out. When you have "selected your way in", that's when you have favortism and nepotism creeping in.

Anything that helps keep Patrick Reed out of the RC is a good thing. :LOL:

I wouldn't mind seeing there be no restrictions on who they can pick to play. Let the captain pick his entire team. Your top players are still going to get picked but what I'm saying is just let all players be "captains picks".

Both teams should have a playing captain.
I really like the Tiger 2019 Presidents Cup

I wouldn't mind seeing there be no restrictions on who they can pick to play. Let the captain pick his entire team. Your top players are still going to get picked but what I'm saying is just let all players be "captains picks".

How do you know that for sure?

The small chance of a future BMW in my garage(I’m an Audi guy) is zero now after having to watch their commercials. :)
Which model ?

Would it make sense to have 6 groups go off on the 1st tee and 6 go off the 10th so that the groups are all going about the same time? Would make it less likely for the contest to be done with groups having several holes still to go and maybe ramp up the drama if things are close?

Only a thought, but I think there are more negatives than positives to making that change.

Otherwise, I would just like fans to be a bit more tactful. I don't mind being loud, but doing it at inappropriate times or some of the things that were said to players/spouses is not OK from what I have read.

Oh and improve the TV coverage. Has to be a way to get a good telecast and let the broadcaster make money on it.

And on flatter courses most who are not in the stands can’t see anything when all the spectators are crowded on 4 holes. I was at the Hazeltine RC and at 6’ tall spent most of the day standing on my tippy toes trying to catch a glimpse of the action. I’ll go to another RC but the viewing experience is terrible compared to going to another major where the fans are spread out over the entire course.

I left the RC really frustrated after that one. It was cool to be there, but I gotta say.. I won't be going to a Ryder Cup again unless the course is spectator friendly.

I won't even get into the player's inside the ropes posse. Effing joke and some rude ass people.

I left the RC really frustrated after that one. It was cool to be there, but I gotta say.. I won't be going to a Ryder Cup again unless the course is spectator friendly.

Same here. I knew what I was getting into having gone to two PGAs there but I felt like I had to experience a Ryder Cup despite the lack of golf action and an absolutely terrible course to navigate and be a spectator. 100% glad I spent the week there but once is enough.

Back