If you can have one mulligan from any round ever what would it be?

chefkritter

It's the most wonderful time of the year
Reaction score
Handicap
I was texting back and forth with some friends the other day and a few rounds came up from the past where we were laughing saying man I wish i had that shot to do over. A 3 footer for eagle that was missed, a chunked chip, a drive 95 yards out of bounds, etc. All sorts of laughs and wanting a mulligan. So if you could have 1 shot from any round you've ever played, what would it be? Would it be to win a match, a new personal best, a tournament, a topped drive that didnt impress the beverage cart girl? Let's hear em!

My tee shot from my last round is the mully I would want. It was my worst drive of the day. If I would have just been in the fairway I think I could have at least managed a bogey and would have set a new personal best.

I had 9 pars and 8 ! birdies going into hole # 9 Lakeside Hills (started on back 9)….took an X...so my "best" round is an incomplete.....

I was texting back and forth with some friends the other day and a few rounds came up from the past where we were laughing saying man I wish i had that shot to do over. A 3 footer for eagle that was missed, a chunked chip, a drive 95 yards out of bounds, etc. All sorts of laughs and wanting a mulligan. So if you could have 1 shot from any round you've ever played, what would it be? Would it be to win a match, a new personal best, a tournament, a topped drive that didnt impress the beverage cart girl? Let's hear em!

Hole 15, I'm +3 on the day with a wedge in my hand on a short par 3. I shanked it into the tree about 20y right of the tee box. Luckily, it bounced out sideways and didn't go in the water. I salvaged bogey, but could have had a bogey free 9 and a +3 round if not for that.Screenshot_20200116-120458_Golf Pad.jpg

I do remember one shot a couple years back playing with my partner in better ball team play. I needed a two putt from like only 15-20 feet and I blew past the hole trying to make it by 5. Missed the comeback to lose our match and eventually that was the round to knock us out of a playoff chance.

Should have just played it safe and tapped it up to an easier shot.

My putt on the 18th hole of my personal best. It was a 5 footer and lipped out because I second guessed my read at the last minute. Coulda been my first round in the 60s.

First thing that came to mind was my tee shot on 18 during the 2017 THP Championship. It was alt shot, and @lightningbolt44 and I had done fairly well up until that point. I proceeded to step on the tee box and hit my drive insanely left which led to a comedy of errors and we ended up with a 9 on the hole and it really took us out of contention. Would love to have that tee shot back and to see if we could have rode that momentum wave to a win on Sunday.

I'd like another go at the 2 footer downhill I left short to end a match with Finley/Ian AS

If anything I would like to at the very least get it to the hole. Still might not go in but jeez Alice, give it a chance.

Presidents cup tournament at my old home course. BB of partners net. We tied for 1st and went into a playoff. 1st hole me and the 2 guys we were playing against got pops. The second hole we all got pops and we had a big advantage off the tee lengthwise. Well, we never made it to the second hole. I gagged on about an 18 inch putt for par on the 1st playoff hole. I still feel like I let my partner down.

Him and I would both want mulligans on the easiest par 4 on the course. Two consecutive days we both missed the green with wedges and made bogey. Just one par between us and we never would have been in a playoff to begin with.

This one is easy for me. I’ve never shot even par. Was -1 going to 18 and hooked one OB off the tee and made double to shoot one over.

The putt on #8 at TheGrandaddy, make that 8 footer and we push the match @JMB3

Hideaway #17 on the Dye course. Singles. Tee shot went in the water. Needed to win that hole to stay in the match.

Every back nine round at my old college course. My best ever 9 hole 2 under on the front but I've never broken 40 on the back so my pesonal best at the course stands at 77. (37 front, 40 back)

2nd shot on 18 during Sundays round at the Ben Hogan Experience!

The first year I tried out for the golf team I put three in the woods on the first tee, first two OB, in front of everyone. I wouldn't take the whole thing back because it was a great life lesson, and after taking a 10 on that hole (par 5), I went +1 on the next eight and made the team. If I could shave 1/3 off the embarrassment though, I'd take it! Lol

It would be my 2nd shot on the 18th hole of the first day of our Club Championship two years ago. During our clubs events we update scores after each hole and then there is a live scoreboard you can follow. Someone else was entering the scores for us and I wasn't paying attention to the scoreboard. In fact I didn't even look at my phone at all during the round.

So I think I'm 3 or 4 over for the day and I'm walking up to my ball in the 18th fairway. For some stupid reason I decide to pull out my phone and check my messages. Well I see I missed like 12 messages from Puttin4bird and my other buddies and stupidly checked out what I missed and they said I was leading the event so far. I really didn't need to see that.

What I left out is that up until about 3 days prior to the tournament I had been battling a case of the shanks. A really bad case of the shanks. I hadn't shanked a ball the whole day. It just so happens that even though I was in the middle of the fairway on the 18th hole there is a big pond running the whole length of the right side of the hole. Can you guess what happened?

Not once.
Not twice.
Three shanks in to the pond.

I took a ten on the hole, went to the clubhouse, signed my card, got in my car, drove home, had a beer. It's become a thing of legend among a few people.

Back