If you could ask a Tour Pro

dhjkelly

BOO
Reaction score
Handicap
As many of you know Callaway staffers in this years Morgan Cup have an honorary captain in the form of Annika Sorenstam. Yesterday myself and the other 7 Callaway staffers received a PM from our tour rep informing us that we could submit 4 questions each. These questions would be put to Annika for her to answer on camera. Very cool indeed.

So my question to you guys is - If you could ask Annika Sorenstam 4 questions what would they be and why??

Great thread Kelly. Cool to ask a pro questions, but unreal to get to ask a real life icon.

1.) What continued to drive you to get out of bed and practice early in the morning, out in bad weather, etc when you already had a handful of majors and several dozen wins worldwide?

2.) Once you ascended to #1 in the world with icon status and were expected to win, was there still a thrill to the wins, or was it more relief to meet the expectations? How hard was it to keep a balance in the two?

3.) What was your go to mental thought you used for the most crucial shots?

4.) Would you let your kids play American football?

Great questions. Why would you ask about American Football ??

Great questions. Why would you ask about American Football ??

I would want to have as few duplicates as my other Callaway teammates as possible (assuming you guys dont see each other's before you submit). Plus, I think it would help relate to her more on a personal level.

Cool thread, Kelly. I don't have any questions off the top of my head right now but if I think of any I'll post them up!

I would want to have as few duplicates as my other Callaway teammates as possible (assuming you guys dont see each other's before you submit). Plus, I think it would help relate to her more on a personal level.

I like the way your thinking. Nope none of us know what the others have asked

Good thread Kelly. It wasn't super easy coming up with my questions I really thought about some things I thought I needed to improve on and hopefully others hasn't already asked.

I would ask her how her practice schedule is broken down. How much time is spent on full swing/short game. Also how much of her time is spent on mental practice

I would ask her if she wanted to go round to the pub for a pint

I would ask how she was able to keep such great focus after a mental mistake or a really bad bounce turned a good/great shot into a really bad one. She always seemed to be totally focused to me.

I would ask her something about how she stayed motivated. She dominated her profession for so long so I think that it would be interesting to hear how she continued to challenge herself to get better even though she was at the absolute pinnacle of her game.

If you could ask her anything you wanted that would help your game, what would you ask?

I would ask her what the pressure is like in a tight situation.. How different those last few shots feel when everything is on the line.

Great thread Mr.Kelly!

I'd ask something like this...

1. How to sink those crucial putts? I'm a great putter, but sometimes those super important (eagle, birdie) 1-3 feet putts seem to run away do mental break down, any simple tip on how you have done it?

2. What is the single most valuable gear / item that you would never compete without?

3. If you were to compete in a "3-club" competition, as in you can pick three clubs plus a putter to play a round with, which clubs would you pick and why?

4. How do you prepare physically & mentally to a tournament during the day before the first round and in the morning before the rounds?

These were what came to mind first.

There are some really great questions in here. Keep them coming guys.

I'd want to know what she does when she just doesn't have it that day or things are falling apart on the course. What does she do to steady the ship and how much does her gameplan change (and what does it change to?)

Awesome, thanks for letting us all chime in!!!

1. What's the best tip you've ever received for match play?
2. What is one swing thought you always use if your swing starts to melt down mid round?
3. What's one thing an average golfer should practice more than anything else?
4. What's your best memory from your entire career?

Just going off of something that has been discussed on here for a long while now, I'd ask something along the lines of this...

For someone who aspires to become a better player, is it more beneficial to them to play an iron that that gives them more forgiveness or better for them to play an iron that gives more feedback?

What do you deem your biggest weakness and how to you marginalize that weakness during a round?

It seems a lot of people are interested in knowing how a pro gets their round back on track. Guess we'll have to wait and see if one of the Callaway staffers has asked the same question!!!!

I saw an interview with her once where she explained that as a kid starting the game her dad got one set of clubs and she had to share with her sister, so one would use only the odd numbered clubs and one would use the evens...she said she really felt like that forced her to learn to manipulate shots better by not always having the club she wanted....

SO I would ask her what she thinks the difference was in her and her sis that led her to become an icon in the sport instead of her sister being the one who gained fame and fortune through the game.

oh there's so many...
but just because i'm the way i am, i would have to throw her a curve ball, and really get into her psyche...with a least a few "Inside the Actor's Studio" questions, the Bernard Pivot Questions.
i think that would be neat.

1. what's the hardest part about becoming a tour pro and then once there, maintaining your status as a tour pro?

2. what's the strangest, most ridiculous and/or amazing shot you've ever seen or had yourself?

3. what's your favorite curse word?

4. if you weren't involved in golf at all, what other profession would you most like to do?

Do you believe you reached your full potential as a golfer? What were they keys to doing it? / What could you have done differently to reach your full potential?

My one would just be how do you sleep at night then wake up the morning of tournament rounds so that you are prepared?

I've been struggling badly with this one.

I was lucky a few years ago and got to spend some time with Annika. She's pretty amazing and very "normal" considering she's the greatest female golfer ever!!! I think a good question would be related to her golf specific fitness routine. I'm sure overall fitness, especially as it relates to golf would be beneficial to all of us!!!

Back