If you could attend any tournament in history...

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
What would it be? It can be any golf event in history; majors, Ryder Cups, etc. and you can be there for the whole event. I was debating this yesterday and struggled to come up with a set answer so what do you say?

1986 Masters. The roars were loud on TV...I can only imagine how loud they were in person!

I would say 1997 Masters. Tiger's first win there.

Reactions: KEV
1960 US Open at Cherry Hills. Arnold Palmer's only US Open win and came in dramatic fashion from 7 down.

That was one that was right up there for me. That was really the beginning of greatness.

1934, Augusta National Invitational. To witness, without knowing, the birth of arguably golf's greatest major... that would be the one I would want to attend

It's tough to choose but I'll go with the 1986 Masters. Jack was still not really in the hunt until he made birdie on the 9th and that 30 on the back nine has to be the greatest finishing nine in major history.

This 100%.

And I’d say my second choice would be a seat on the front row just behind 16 at the 2005 masters ;)

99 Open Championship to watch the greatest collapse and greatest comeback in major history

2019 Masters
1999 Ryder Cup
1955 US Open

It comes down to the 86 Masters or 2019 Masters. Jack's back 9 or the anticipation and imminence over the last few holes of Tiger's win. They're both great comeback stories told a little differently. Pressed to pick, I'd go with Tiger only because he was on 18 when he made the last putt of the tournament. Jack was already in the clubhouse and was waiting it out when Kite then Norman missed putts for the playoff.

Would have loved to have been at the 2019 Solheim Cup. Was absolutely riveting to watch on TV. Followed closely by the 2019 Women's British Open and the Smiling Cinderella incredible story. The ladies definitely delivered some amazing drama, great play and edge of your seat excitement this year!

1977 Open Championship at Turnberry; Tom Watson vs Jack Nicklaus

'99 Ryder Cup! USA??

Either 1999 Ryder Cup final day or 1986 Maters. Hard to pick.

2019 Masters
1999 Ryder Cup
1955 US Open

1955 US Open? Jack Fleck, the club pro who took down Ben Hogan at Olympic. As an aside, I saw Jack Fleck play in the 2013 Masters Par 3 tournament (the Masters invites former US Open Champions as honorary invitees and they are allowed to play in the Par 3 tournament. He played in the Par 3 with Craig Stadler. He was 92 at the time and would die the following year.

This is tough, really tough.

I'll go Medinah 2012 Ryder Cup.

Gotta be the 2003 Masters for me.

The first Tournament I ever saw in person was the 1999 Air Canada Championship at Northview. Mike Weir won and became a hero of mine (I was in Grade 6) so to be at Augusta when he became the first and only Canadian to win a Major would be too good to pass up.

86 Masters...Watched every minute last day on TV...

2019 Morgan Cup.

And I’m serious. I think the memories for those participants will be at the top for them for golf. More than watching live any of the greatest pro events in history.

The Open 1953 at Carnoustie.

First to mind is either the '86, '95 (Crenshaw) or '19 Masters.

Back