If you could change one and only one thing about your swing, what would it be?

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
Interested to see the various thoughts...

To get a consistent swing path and clubface angle at impact, so my directional control/dispersion was better. I'm plenty happy enough with my distance and shot quality when I'm hitting it well, but I don't have a reasonably consistent ball flight pattern that I can count on hitting most of the time. Gimme a nice, consistent baby draw and let me stop hitting pulls, blocks and hooks.

Last edited:
Repeatability, on the good ones. I can unfortunately repeat the bad ones already.

Better footwork / lower body rotation

Whatever it is that makes me slice the driver. If I'm driving solidly then I'll be going low, but if that slice comes back in then I'm going to have a very long tough day.

Better spine angle and tilt control, early extension sucks! 😞

I would change the face position at impact so that it is always square

I would say a better position at the top. A little more flexibility and feel. When my swing is off it feels funny at the top and in my hands.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Consistent tempo. I’m working on it.

More use of lower body

Interested to see the various thoughts...
Whatever it takes to develop consistent accuracy and not forsake all my distance. My guess is that would be remembering a repeatable swing pattern which I think comes more from the mental side of the fence for me. When I am on, I am on, but dang if staying on is a tough one!

Shorter backswing with all clubs. I play my best when I keep things more compact. Luckily age is helping with that!

Smooth tempo for every swing

My over the top swing that comes into play when I get fatigued.

Clubhead speed - I have a huge yardage gap between my longer clubs and my irons.

Straight line speed meeting the ball at the exact angle to make it go far, straight, and never hook, slice, draw, or fade.(y)

I thought about this a couple times last night and I still don't know how to answer. Seriously tough question.

That my club face angle would magically close the perfect amount on every swing. I can take care of the rest!

Someone mentioned it above, I wish I could repeat my good swings more often. The other thing would be to shorten my back swing.

I'd love the ability to maintain spine angle. I can only dream of the consistency that would provide.

I thought about this a couple times last night and I still don't know how to answer. Seriously tough question.

You must be very satisfied with your swing. That’s awesome!

Back