If you could change one and only one thing about your swing, what would it be?

I am in process of changing that one thing. I want to smooth out my transition. That’s the key to the tempo that keeps all the sequencing swing parts in order. Shorter back swing and a hint of a pause feel at the top. I worked on this playing yesterday for the first time and, outside of 4 swings where impatience took over, hit the ball about as well as I can.

Working on getting rid of my inside-out downswing. Not easy, sometimes it's as bad as -6 angle of attack per Trackman ugh.

Working on getting rid of my inside-out downswing. Not easy, sometimes it's as bad as -6 angle of attack per Trackman ugh.

I have that a lot, too. What are you doing to fix it? My swing coach suggested placing an alignment stick out being the ball and having me focus on staying closer to that stick, rather than taking it back inside. Another issue I had is my alignment. I was set up closed, which caused TrackMan to see the swing as more inside out than it really was.

I have that a lot, too. What are you doing to fix it? My swing coach suggested placing an alignment stick out being the ball and having me focus on staying closer to that stick, rather than taking it back inside. Another issue I had is my alignment. I was set up closed, which caused TrackMan to see the swing as more inside out than it really was.
Try to play a cut shot and work on what I call the bucket drill. I'll take a photo next time I go to the range but basically place a range bucket just front-right of the target line very close to the golf ball. If I swing inside-out then that bucket will go flying into the range... and really embarrassing

My only swing thought is keeping the hands low and left after impact which helps neutralize my angle of attack. At first I'll hit a lot of straight pull shots until I quiet the hands and start hitting a baby fade.

I would like to better at controlling the depth of my swing. I don't know if that's a swing thing or an application of the swing.

Back