If you could change one and only one thing about your swing, what would it be?

You must be very satisfied with your swing. That’s awesome!

No, no no. Not at all what I was saying. I'd change a hundred things about my swing if I could. It's the 'one' part of the question that is twisting my brain into knots. Weighing the value of them and trying to decide what would be the most beneficial.

No, no no. Not at all what I was saying. I'd change a hundred things about my swing if I could. It's the 'one' part of the question that is twisting my brain into knots. Weighing the value of them and trying to decide what would be the most beneficial.

What is your focus right now when you practice?

My “one thing” definitely would be more speed. If I could consistently generate 10 more mph, I think I could transform my game to an entirely new level.

i want to be the guy on the left, and to tell the guy on the right to take a long walk off a short pier. this backswing work has been so challenging.

1D6883AC-E27F-454A-AC19-576A85196C65.jpeg

i want to be the guy on the left, and to tell the guy on the right to take a long walk off a short pier. this backswing work has been so challenging.

View attachment 8952397

I need to go back to your thread on your improvement efforts and read. I went through a really difficult 6 weeks where I was getting no turn. Sometimes, it is so hard to get something out of your head.

If I can change only one thing...can it be the results? Because really that's what needs to change.

Stock Shot shape to a butter cut with every club.

Be pain free.
Damn. I was immediately going to reply with the need for distance throughout the bag.

But this is better.

Consistent face angle at impact.

Keeping my tempo consistent. I've traced all my swing fault/bad shot to essentially rushing my transition and not letting the back swing happen naturally. I hit longer, straighter, better the slower I keep my back swing but my body still wants to rush into it. When I rush, i tend to go more out to in on swing plane and don't strike the ball consistently.

Other than that, small tweaks. Nothing that would make a massive change I don't **think**. Less cupping on my left hand at top of my back swing, less flex in my left leg at impact ( more push up out of the ground ), and I still have this dragging foot thing I do with my right foot that I have never been able to get rid off. Probably doesn't hurt me but I drag the right foot as part of my follow through.

If I can change only one thing...can it be the results? Because really that's what needs to change.

You can say whatever you want, lol.

consistency with an inside out swing plane

What is your focus right now when you practice?
See, same answer. A lot of things! lol Right now I'm mostly working on my top position and adding more loft. I'm changing all my stock trajectories for the conditions here. It's incredibly soft. Basically, I'm starting to undo a bunch of the work I did to get a lot shallower and flatter for Nebraska over the last year. Constant evolution...

My default answer would be like yours, speed. Give me 20 yards and I'd start to seriously consider putting my job/career on hold. I have more though. I just can't use it safely. So that's a body wish, not a swing one. Makes the swing part just a really good question that's hard to answer. (y)

Shallow out my swing a bit. I’m pretty steep. Runner up would be more consistent hip rotation (aka “turn” and not “push” or “slide” my hips)

My “one thing” definitely would be more speed. If I could consistently generate 10 more mph, I think I could transform my game to an entirely new level.
My game has constantly changed as my swing speed has increased and now really focusing on repeatability of it. Only a short time back I was swinging in the mid 80s and now mid to high 90s (average around 97-98). Sometimes I get over a 100 MPH when my body is feeling decent.

I don't even know how that is possible, but one thing has helped and that is reducing the long wide back swing (not sure how this has helped, but it has) and really applying the velocity in the swing about the last three to four feet coming through the ball.

Looking back, I cannot believe how far I have come this year. Now I am just trying to keep the good shots repeatable and minimize the bad strikes. Sometimes we just have to be happy with the accomplishments and accept those bad days happen.

My out to in swing with my driver needs to go!

I will sometimes flip my hands at the bottom of the swing. I want to stop that....forever.

The soreness it creates in my left wrist.

~Rock

me?

I should probably go with have a longer backswing but I think having better lower body use is probably my bigger issue.

Clubhead speed, give me 10/12 mph more and I would be happy. Could I achieve that now, possible. The last time I tried SS training it messed my swing up so I haven't done it since.

The ability to no longer hit hooks, slices, or the like. Accuracy is getting better, but when I pull or slice one it's really frustrating because I know I can hit it straight(er). So, I guess consistency would be my answer?

Just let me go pain free and my swing would be SO much better...

Back