If you could get fit for one part of your bag...

Irons are my weakest link. I get ball out in the fairway now how do I get to the green?

Irons for sure. I’m tall, and I know I need longer and likely more upright irons. I think the difference in driver and woods is likely less significant. I went for a fitting a few weeks ago, but I left my swing at home that day and it was pointless. I’ll give it another crack after the first of the year.

Head says putter. Heart says driver.

I would love a driver fitting where I could try multiple head and shaft combos.

This would be interesting. When I bought my current driver, I tried as many no-charge/low-charge upgrades as I could. The differencces were eye-opening. I can only imagine what I might learn if I could test the same shaft in, say, four different heads.

It's a pretty awesome experience. I did it a few years back when the original Epic came out and it was eye opening.

They started out by having you seeing a club with sensors all over it to track your path, release, etc to give them a starting baseline for what shaft might fit the swing the best. Then they put together a few head and Shaft combos to try and track the data as you go. It was a game changer for me at the time and the gains were impressive.

This would be interesting. When I bought my current driver, I tried as many no-charge/low-charge upgrades as I could. The differencces were eye-opening. I can only imagine what I might learn if I could test the same shaft in, say, four different heads.

Exactly. My biggest lack of knowledge or experience with equipment definitely is in shafts.

What would it be? Probably around March I want to get fit for driver and putter. However if I could only get fit for one I'm having terrible deciding which it would be. That led me to thinking about this.

If you had the chance to get fit for one part of your bag which would you choose and why?
Putter. Pretty sure my lie angle is waaaaaaay off and I’d love some professional eyes on my stroke to really tell me that face balanced, centershaft, whatever is the right road for me to head down

A wood fitting would help my game immensely. My tee game is so hit and miss

Putter. Never had one and my scoring shows it.

I think puttering the one most people overlook and could really be helped by. I’ll say driver for myself only because it’s the club most susceptible to being changed and fitting can be crucial for getting things optimized for success.

I would like yo get fitter a putter. Never done that before and it would be good to get an idea of what is right.

so I'm average height at 6 to 6'1 so I don't think my rack set of iron is far off so I would say Driver and Putter. I went putter back in March because I felt my stroke was good but that my current gamer was too long for my stroke. Got same model putter 1 inch shorter, 3 degrees up and 1 degree less loft.

My driver swing has come around to be more consistent in 2020 so I might see about a shaft fitting when Covid is behind us.

Driver for sure! Two years in with the Epic Flash I still don't feel I've been able to maximize its potential with the most appropriate settings. A fitting that could/would do just that as opposed to putting me into a different driver would even be acceptable.

Reactions: KEV
I'm doing a shaft fitting after the first of the year for my driver. I have a feeling it will be the first of many.

Reactions: KEV
Driver for sure! Two years in with the Epic Flash I still don't feel I've been able to maximize its potential with the most appropriate settings. A fitting that could/would do just that as opposed to putting me into a different driver would even be acceptable.
PHIIILLLLL!!!!

I think my irons are dialed in pretty well and I’m hitting driver fairly well. So, give me a wedge or putter fitting.

Driver, I'm definitely treating myself in the spring for one at a club champion. I'm budgeting driver fitting with an upgraded shaft.

At this point I’d go hybrids. It’s the part of the bag that I have zero confidence in at the moment. I’ve been laying up at times because of no confidence. My swing is what needs the work, fixing that would fix a lot of things.

Irons most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woods or irons for me. Driver, wedges and putter are probably my most consistent part of my game some how. Iron play has been pretty rocky but I think that’s more to inexperience as I can hit them well on occasion. My woods though are probably not the right flex and I can never hit them well

If I was going into it with no previous fittings done and had to pick one, I’d pick whichever one I felt was my biggest current weakness.

Already been fitted for irons, but would like to try the driver simply because I am curious as to the data. I don't think it will really change anything much as I have beaten a few different drivers and in the long run, they are about the same for me.

Possibly the putter for fun as well to see if some design triggers my brain differently. I am really thinking about doing that in January or February.

Ball, the same piece used on every shot would be interesting to know how much can be improved through it as well as how much current gamer could be helping or hurting.

Back