If you could get fit for one part of your bag...

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
What would it be? Probably around March I want to get fit for driver and putter. However if I could only get fit for one I'm having terrible deciding which it would be. That led me to thinking about this.

If you had the chance to get fit for one part of your bag which would you choose and why?

Driver right now. It's solid at times and other times it feels like a real liability to my game. I really don't think it's my swing since everything else this year was the strongest it's ever been. I think I just lost confidence as the year went on. Being fit for a driver would bring back that confidence and I'd be able to swing freely knowing this driver was "for me". At least that's what I think would happen lol

Irons for sure. At my last iron fitting 3 yds ago I chased distance. And skipped over some irons that were 5-7 yds shorter, had more spin and launch and were deadly accurate.

Putter, no clue where I am or what I am doing, need to get started "over / correctly".

Putter - I like my putter but really didn't try many before I bought it. Maybe irons too:D:D

Just got fit for wedges for the first time and think I'm gonna appreciate this going into next year.

Putter was done in March and have seen significant improvements in strokes gained in my round since then.

Shaft Up #1 THPers.
free trip
Fitting
Equipment

Putter.

It's the one I haven't experimented with as much, and would love some comparisons done by a fitter. I'm not one for wanting to experiment with it a lot, so either backing up my current or similar setup or pushing me towards something else based on what we see would both provide confidence going forward.

Driver & fw woods.

Driver right now. It's solid at times and other times it feels like a real liability to my game. I really don't think it's my swing since everything else this year was the strongest it's ever been. I think I just lost confidence as the year went on. Being fit for a driver would bring back that confidence and I'd be able to swing freely knowing this driver was "for me". At least that's what I think would happen lol

I think that's how I lean also. It was the weak spot of my game last year and I could just use a bump in confidence.

Driver as well, think it's about time for an upgrade

Driver. Mine’s old and it’s the one part of my game that had been hit or miss this year which drastically changes my scores.

Irons. Feeling good about my driver right now and know for sure new irons would be a game changer.

Utility iron/hybrid. I have been struggling with the strike and think a hybrid to replace the Utility iron.

Just got fit for wedges for the first time and think I'm gonna appreciate this going into next year.

Putter was done in March and have seen significant improvements in strokes gained in my round since then.
I never really think about wedge fitting. Is it mostly about turf interaction?

Right now I’m really not sure. If I had to pick one area for a fitting I would have to go with the putter. Never had a fitting in that area.

Irons, unquestionably. Anything else I bought, if it didn't work out, I could readily resell, as they're all standard-length. But, with my height, my irons need to be +1 to +1-1/4 in., and possibly lie-adjusted. So we're talking quite a hunk of change and clubs I might not easily move if I got it wrong.

Driver... I'd be hoping for getting lucky enough to unlock something special especially in the dispersion department

Driver for me, I want to be able to test a bunch of shafts and head combos and see if I can unlock distance. Dispersion is good, but it almost seems no matter the driver I am still in the same range.

Wedges

well maybe like a wedge school as well

Driver and putter have made the biggest difference for me.

I'm contemplating (maybe) getting fit for for some forged muscle back blades. (5-sw). At least that's what in the back of my mind right now. Don't really need them, but it's an itch that needs to be scratched

My driver, and fairway woods are just fine, as is my putter.

Right now I have spent the last couple of days trying out some one length irons. So far so good, with distance being a minor issue.

Back