If you could have ANY job..........

robrandalgz

2023 Budget Championship #CanyonCowboys
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
in the golf industry (sans an actual PGA player) what would it be and who would you like to work for?

I want to work for Callaway at their fitting center.

Greens keeper at Augusta National.

Marketing at Callaway

Oooooohhhh, as a former greenskeeper I really like this one.

can you imagine all the goodies and gear you would have access to? Plus rolling greens and cutting pins for the Masters!!!!

Touring rep for a putter line. Years back got to hang out with the touring guys for Never Compromise putters and had a blast hanging around the putting greens all week. They literally were traveling around the country try with the tour getting guys to use and try putters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you imagine all the goodies and gear you would have access to? Plus rolling greens and cutting pins for the Masters!!!!
Dude, that's dream come true ****. When I was the Assistant Superintendent at Torreon Golf Club, I used to trick the course up during the majors weekends. I NEVER set the course up unfairly but those four (sixteen) days on the course were the toughest of the year. The Masters was THE tricked out weekend. Double mowed and doubled rolled all four days. It used to piss some of the members off but the head pro (who eats **** for EVERYONE) was fully on board, though. I brought the idea to him in my second season as Assistant. He loved the idea and we ran with it until I left.

Sales guy of some sort for some OEM. Regional or national I don’t think would matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Course architect.

A Sales rep for one of the OEMs would be fun.

Would love to be in marketing/sales for Titleist

HAB for one of the ladies? That's kind of a job, right? I feel like it would get me a lot of free travel and access to nice courses and equipment. :D

Last edited:
Tour rep for a big brand

R&D and testing for a major OEM. Unfortunately no engineering degree. So it would have to be more on the testing side.

i would like to work for any r and d center as a tech user developer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Course architect.
When I was working in the in the industry we were getting ready to go from an 18 hole facility, to a 36. My boss took me out after the course designers had done some preliminary flagging of the layout of the course. At first, all I could see was just a series of flags running through the middle of the forest. The pink flags indicated the center of the fairway, yellow flags (fairway boundries), red flags (bunker centers), green flags (green complex). When he first took me out, I just wasn't "seeing it". I kind of stayed on him to keep taking me out there when we had the time.

About the 3rd or 4th time he took me out there, it all clicked and I could see it. I mean REALLY see it. It was so cool to watch that whole area go from an overgrown forest to a beautiful 18 hole complex. He eventually moved on from Director of Agronomy at our course to oversee the construction of a couple of more courses before he retired. His first when he left was to build a course in Tennessee. He called me about a month into the project and asked if I was interested in joining him. At the time, with young kids, it just didn't work out for me but there's always been that tinge of regret that I didn't go and learn that process under his wing.

Even though it wasn't course design, actually executing those designs is fascinating.

Outstanding thread. On a whim, head pro at Haig Point would be OK.

I was thinking about this on my drive home today. I got a degree in Chem with a pre med focus, but I was thinking what would have happened if I went the more engineering route. Could I have potentially worked my way into some R&D department of a golf company...

Head pro at The Hideaway or BlueJack National

I've had several jobs in the golf industry from teaching pro to OEM sales rep to big box store manager and lower level corporate trainer. My current job as a club fitter and club builder at a high end studio is my favorite so far, the hours are great, I dont have to travel, and I dont have to fold clothing.

Because I enjoy being outdoors and walking so much, being a caddy would be the job I would want. Either for Georgia Hall, Koepka, Fleetwood, Molinari or Rose.

Back