If You Could Live Anywhere, Where Would It Be?

adwillingham

Callaway Homer
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Having moved around a lot in my younger days, and having been a SE Tennessee resident for almost 10 years now, I'm getting a bit antsy to live somewhere else. Others love where they live, born and raised in the same city.

If job or anything other factors were not 100% deciding factors, where would you want to live?

For us, we would love to move down to Birmingham, AL which would put us closer to friends and family, sporting events at Alabama (our alma mater), improve the golf scene hugely over where we are now, and would give us somewhere different but one we are very comfortable with.

San Diego!!!

In the winter, spring and fall? La Quinta, California.

In the summer? San Diego, California

I think San Diego for me. Perfect weather.

Too many factors play into where we live.

Ignoring cost and friends it would be hard to beat the San Francisco area. Ignoring weather I might choose Portsmouth, N.H. or the coast of Maine.

I'm in the Sarasota area for cost and weather reasons.

Tuscany would be nice, too.

I think I have lived everywhere...haha
Somewhere in FL, near a coast though, central FL is still awful.
Low taxes, average cost of living, great golf.

Would love to move back to San Diego or Austin, TX.

Costa Rica was phenomenal, I could definitely retire there. If cost is no factor San Diego is nice, but dollar for dollar I love it here in central FL.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Would be a toss up between Niceville, FL (where I grew up) and Myrtle Beach, SC (where my wife grew up). Neither of us have much family left in either place but both locations offer us plenty of nostalgia. Plenty of golf for me in either location as well.

I think I have lived everywhere...haha
Somewhere in FL, near a coast though, central FL is still awful.
Low taxes, average cost of living, great golf.

As much as I always laugh at the "Florida Man" news stories, I love Florida. I need to visit the Atlantic side.

San Francisco or Italy. It will cost me $$$ though.

While I never been to San Diego and could think of many positives, I think the cost of living and taxes would be too high for me. With as much as I hate winter, when you are used to having four seasons a year, we found when we lived around Mobile, AL that we missed having seasons (75 on Christmas Day feels weird when you are not used to that).

If family wasn't a factor, I'd probably opt for somewhere more exotic.

Is Butler Cabin an option?

Costa Rica for me as I love nature and Costa Rica is heaven for nature and beauty. Hawaii is dreamy too, the 2 times I have been it was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though hurricane season can suck, I'd like to end up somewhere on the gulf coast of FL. JB already nailed the pros, and I wouldn't have any gripes if that's where I end up eventually.

In a large log cabin on acreage outside of Durango, Colorado.

I was born and raised in Mobile, AL. So not there. If money was of no concern, then somewhere on the southern California coast.

Probably around the Phoenix area. But for some reason the SE has always appealed to me as an overall area.

San Diego.

Strictly based off the location itself and the people (not political, or anything else):

St Petersburg, Russia during the Summer
Seville, Spain during the Winter

Having moved around a lot in my younger days, and having been a SE Tennessee resident for almost 10 years now, I'm getting a bit antsy to live somewhere else. Others love where they live, born and raised in the same city.

If job or anything other factors were not 100% deciding factors, where would you want to live?

For us, we would love to move down to Birmingham, AL which would put us closer to friends and family, sporting events at Alabama (our alma mater), improve the golf scene hugely over where we are now, and would give us somewhere different but one we are very comfortable with.

This one is a no brainer .. for me anyway .. Maui ..and no where else on earth would due .. after almost 60 years living in the northeast with cold and snow of winters .. i am over it .. we had been able to vacation in Maui a few times and talk about paradise .... Hawaii is it for sure

I would buy land in the Texas hill country and build a nice house. Have enough room for a couple of horses and 220 yd par 3 that I could play from various distances.

Monterey, CA area where I lived when I was a little kid.

Perfect weather, lots of golf (even some choices with non-trillionaire prices).

Florida had me at low taxes. Otherwise I'd live in Carlsbad/Oceanside

Either San Diego...for the weather, or Pinehurst for the golf and the southern hospitality of the people in NC.

Back