If You Could Live Anywhere, Where Would It Be?

Denver

Next to Shane so I can live vicariously through him...so I guess it is Denver

Hawaii - Heard stories of those who go there, live 6 months and then get that "Closed in feeling" because of being on an island.
Sure would like to give it "Whirl"

Kauai. Man that island is beautiful.

To shamelessly pimp my own state, I like Moab, Utah. It only has one course for most the winter but a butt load of bike and hiking trails. My other choice would be Ruidoso, NM. It is cooler in the summer and in the winter the warmer temps are a few miles downhill.

I'd say the Carolina's or San Diego. Just love the weather at both places.....

South Charleston or Hilton Head.

Can I say sailboat in the South Pacific? I think if work and all that other stuff wasn't a hang up I'd like to sail to new locales and make them home until I had my fill.

Hawaii - Heard stories of those who go there, live 6 months and then get that "Closed in feeling" because of being on an island.
Sure would like to give it "Whirl"

If you can make it one year on the island, you are hooked. I came here in 1989 for a 1 or 2 year working vacation. 27 years later, its home. I can't imagine living anywhere else.

17 mile drive, Monterey, CA

San Diego or Fort Collins Colorado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

San Diego!!

I like where I am right now. We don't get enough winter weather in Louisville for it to be a big deal and our house is beautiful and there is golf 40 feet from my back patio. It's the best setup I could imagine.

Someplace where I don't need snow tires!
20191203_153041.jpg

Maui for me followed closely by San Diego.

Hawaii or San Diego. I've never been to Hawaii, but it seems like a year round vacation for me. And, I've been to San Diego. LOVE IT!

I'm probably there right now. If I made a change, it would be in or near Boulder Colorado. That's become my core family's home, and where I would rest my hat if circumstances gave me the opportunity. Family trumps geography for me, but that's a darn good geography.

Likely breaking some rule by quoting my own post from a few years back. Same applies today, although if I take family drivers out of the equation there are places of interest. I would give some coastal California areas a good look. Warmer year-round weather but retaining access to mountains is highly appealing. I also have a fondness for the southwest deserts as long as I can escape summer heat. I used to spend a lot of time in Florida with a buddy. He is old wealth from Palm Beach. There are a few coastal FL places that are appealing for sure. I would miss mountains however. Fun to dream, especially on cold dark snowy mornings. ;)

That's the question my wife and I ask ourselves every day! We sold everything and started working remotely 3 years ago - this has taken us to Costa Rica, Spain, Croatia, Italy and Mexico; we've spent much of the last 2 years in La Paz BCS and we're now in San Jose del Cabo.

We have to return to Houston for at least a few years to spend time with my in-laws, but where to go after?? We'd like to explore more, but at this point, Mexico seems to have the most to offer relative to the cost.

If I could afford it, somewhere around the Pebble Beach golf course area. I love that whole area.

My second choice would be the Bandon, Oregon area.

Both are great golf destinations, but the bigger draw for me would be living in an ocean front, beach house. The golf would just be more icing on the "German Chocolate Cake".

I had that choice 2.5 years ago and here I sit... in Oklahoma. When I retire the next time, I'll likely purchase a homestead in a state with no income extortion and travel 10-11 months of the year.

I would love to say back home in Sydney, but, the cost of living is outrageous. So, and we hope to make it a reality in about 6 years, somewhere on the Gulf side of Florida.

Anywhere but here

Back