If you could Play Three Courses in Ireland

GraniteRoost

Flying Rocks
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
Travel Dreaming Part II - If you could play three courses in Ireland, where would you play?

I have no idea of any courses in Ireland other than where they played the British Open last year.

I’m not sure they all wouldn’t be great for me. I only know the one that hosted the Open this past year. I’d just be happy to be there.

Royal County Down (I love that course), Ballybunion, Kileen Castle.

Just give me my ticket, Ill let you know after we get done.

I have no idea of any courses in Ireland other than where they played the British Open last year.

Here you go :)

Royal Portrush, Royal County Down, Castlerock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of the 5 I have played it would be:

1. Lahinch (maybe my all time favorite course),
2. Portmarnoch
3. Ballybunion

Ballybunion was actually my least favorite course of the trip I took but maybe I was just having a bad day. Too many majestic holes for it not to deserve a second chance.

Royal Portrush, Royal County Down, Castlerock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking notes here... :comp: thanks ?

Here you go :)
I played 5 of their top 8

Royal Porthrush
Royal County Down
Old Head

Ballybunion
Lahinch
Waterville/Tralee/Old Head (random draw)

I’m going to Ireland in June to take the girlfriend. No golf this trip but it paves the way for a future guys golf trip. Going to be by all these courses and it will pain me to drive by them and not play.

The following is assuming Ireland and Northern Ireland are one entity;

Royal Portrush (British Open course)
Royal County Down (posssibly the best course in the world)
Lahinch (great fun)

So many other great courses to pick from though. Portmarnock deserves a strong mention; it is possibly the most authentic 'links' experience course, but when the wind is up, it is a beast from the back tees.

The following is assuming Ireland and Northern Ireland are one entity;

Royal Portrush (British Open course)
Royal County Down (posssibly the best course in the world)
Lahinch (great fun)

So many other great courses to pick from though. Portmarnock deserves a strong mention; it is possibly the most authentic 'links' experience course, but when the wind is up, it is a beast from the back tees.
+1 for Ballybunion, havent played many more in that area. In the North of the country Portrush, Portstewart and Castlerock are within 1/2 hour of each other and Royal County Down about an hour and a half away

Old Head, Adare Manor and Lahinch are my three.

Royal County Down
Royal Portrush
Ballybunion

This is a list for Ireland, excluding Northern Ireland. County Down and Portrush are above the Ireland courses in the GB&I ranking with Portstewart at 73rd.

I'll name (2) I have played: Old Head and Ballybunion, and (1) I never played but would love to: K Club.

Old Head is the most wondrous golf venue I've ever experienced, simply a MUST!

Royal County Down
Royal Portrush
Adare Manor

Honestly though, there are so many great courses that I felt like I left off about 30 other great courses.

Lahinch
Ballybunion
The K Club

Back