If you could swap one aspect of your game for a Tour player’s...

After yesterday's round, short game...anything 75 yards and in.

iron play.

Short game, full stop. I'm not especially long off the tee, and I'd love to have that length, but short game would solve so many issues...

Consistency! The ability to hit the ball the same way more times than not.

Driver. No question. If you put me in the spots those guys hit it off the tee every time, my scores would drop for sure.

If you would run the numbers, I would bet that in almost every case of recreational golfers, putting would have the biggest impact on score. Most is us AM’s, even those that think they are really good putters, aren’t even close to a pro if you get down to it. It’s likely multiple strokes per round for most.

that’s just not correct. So many professionals have said that in all areas of golf, the closest chance the amateur has in beating a pro, would be a putting contest. Yes if you’re just a terrible putter then it won’t be close at all.

Have to go with putting...the money answer was good too lol

Putting, hands down. I 3+ putt far too often and need to knock that off. lol!

Haha just thought of a fun theoretical game I’d like to play if I had a chance with a pro.

Play our own balls until we get on the green. Once there we, trade and have to putt each other’s.... now who wants their putting more than their iron play... that pro is going to be a shot behind me every time because He or she will more than likely have to be putting for par or longggggg buries vs me having many good chances at birdies.

Putting. More specifically their ability to read greens.

It’s not even close for me. This is where I fail. I’m not even a bad putter. If I know the line. I can ever pick it though.

You all seem to look for the gains on your end of the swap. I'm sitting here, giggling about the poor Pro who's going to have to make do with my iron play.

The ability to put a bad shot/hole behind me and not let it get to me.

By the numbers... my game vs a scratch golfer... and I'm a gawdawful putter. While the lost strokes would be higher, the proportions probably wouldn't change that much against a tour pro. Even without their distances, just having their accuracy with irons would be awesome.

Screenshot 2021-05-08 193539.png

You all seem to look for the gains on your end of the swap. I'm sitting here, giggling about the poor Pro who's going to have to make do with my iron play.
Hahaha. I was thinking about this after I posted my first reply. Couldn't help but think "what did a tour player ever do to me where I'd wish any part of my P.O.S. game on him/her".

Chipping from 10-20 yards off the green. That would easily save me three shots per round on average.

Last edited:
Short game, specifically that ability to get up and down from all sorts of places.

Back