If you could swap one aspect of your game for a Tour player’s...

Driving accuracy, the top tour pro is over 70%, which would be huge for my game.

I guess I look at this a little different than most, because the first thing that came to my mind was pro-level consistency. The ability to consistently hit the ball with the center of the clubface, the ability to KNOW that when I need to hit the ball a certain distance, or a certain shot shape, I can consistently do it.

Length. Just to see what it is like to hit a ball a long way, and straight.

Ball striking with irons.

Chipping or maybe be able to hit a 2 iron

Driving distance. Being 80-100 yards farther down the fairway would be huge for me.

To play terribly any given week and still make quite a bit of money. Dial me up some of that.

As a short knocker with some decent short game play give me Bryson Dechambeau's driving. It would be awesome being 100 more yards down the fairway on some holes.

Honestly, I'm not sure how much good just one thing would do!

I'm so bad at everything my scores average around 88 or 89. If I could have Bryson's length or Phil Mickelson's short game I'd be like "How on earth am I still shooting 82's and 83's????". It would just be more frustrating.

Sorry, I'm having a poor self-image day.

Driver Accuracy!! Not only do I lose 2 balls off the tee each round, there are numerous other shots where my ball is in play but still not in a good position for 2nd shot.

Nice thread too, there is no wrong answer here. I'd gladly take any skillset of a pro :LOL:

Wedge game. Would cover 125 and in, bunkers, and chips

short game, particularly chipping and pitching. it's not like a draw off the tee, where i know how to do it but my skill isn't high enough to always do what i meant to. watching these guys hit shots around the green, i often don't even know HOW they do it.

If anything, it would be iron play/GIR. my driver is good. Inside 100 is above average. Putting is above average. My iron play is my soft spot though. I don’t hit enough greens.

last time I checked, I avg 30ish % GIR. If I could get closer to 40 consistently with the odd 50-60 every so often, I’d be near scratch.

Driving. 100%. On the very rare days when I am long and accurate off the tee the game is so much easier. If I had tour level driving that would be next level. It effectively turns most par 4’s into a short par 3 and I can trust my wedges/short irons to take me home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I look at this a little different than most, because the first thing that came to my mind was pro-level consistency. The ability to consistently hit the ball with the center of the clubface, the ability to KNOW that when I need to hit the ball a certain distance, or a certain shot shape, I can consistently do it.
Consistency is the first thing that came to mind for me too.

While it would be fun to hit at tour length distances (especially with driver) I'll gladly keep my distances if I know my strikes are good and I know where the shots are going consistently.

If you would run the numbers, I would bet that in almost every case of recreational golfers, putting would have the biggest impact on score. Most is us AM’s, even those that think they are really good putters, aren’t even close to a pro if you get down to it. It’s likely multiple strokes per round for most.

Driving accuracy. I loose more strokes due to awful drives than anything else.

I need length, but I would love to have a great short game.

Approach. Their iron play from 220-100 or so is ridiculous. If your proximity average is inside 15-20ft and you're hitting GIR, the short game stuff wouldn't matter as much. Now, making the putt...😬

mid to long iron play. If I had that, I would be dangerous. :rolleyes:

I would be thrilled to have the average PGA Tour driving distance.

Ball striking with irons.
I was going to say ball striking. Why limit it to irons?
With that one thing from a pga pros game I’m sure I could keep breaking 90. And maybe even break 80.

Back