If you get mad, what is coming on the next tee box?

Tee shot mindset.

• Relax, smooth swing, get back on track.

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • What 4-putt? Normal swing.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Strong grip, forward press, aim for green, all out swing.

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
I try to forget about it and go to the next tee and treat it like a normal swing. I did miss a 3 footer once to qualify for the State Am then pull hooked my drive out of bounds on the next tee. What I try to do and what I actually do are different sometimes.

When I swing out of my shoes, the ball goes further to the side than it does down the fairway. My club takes an outside in path. Good for slicing... bad for my score.

What 4-putt? The last hole is over. Analyze it, then let it go and move on to the next.

Short tee. 3W. Stinger.

Oh,you mean the last hole? That's already forgotten and in the past. Never let the last swing or stroke dictate the next!😎

Generally a ripped drive either sprayed left or right, no slice or fade and just misdirected.

That 4 putt is water under the bridge, so normal swing
AND now that ball is in the water under the bridge.

I usually will uncorked a monster drive. I get super focused and just let one rip. It's a very angry swing.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I respect that point of view, but I like the passion and anger that comes with sport and competition. That's a big reason I enjoy it.
Yeah no problem. Just a difference of opinion on my part. I look at getting mad as a negative emotion, and having a passion as a positive emotion.

Being angry, quite often, can make things worse. Can cause more problems.

Where as having a passion for something, can lead to changes for the better.

The 4 putt ball would be hit 200 yards in the wrong direction into a lake. Then I play away

I didn't vote, but when I get flustered, I turn into a hooker. A cheap hooker.

My mad is gone three steps after it happens. Express yourself and move in.

I wish I had the patience to take a deep breath and just swing away. If I've had a really bad end to the last hole I'm standing on the tee and absolutely giving it the beans.

If I four putt, I’m throwing my bag in a pond and leaving. :p

I don't get mad. It's golf and s**t happens. You either accept it and move on, or you get all upset and end up tense, which leads to more poor shots and more anger.

I don't get mad. It's golf and s**t happens. You either accept it and move on, or you get all upset and end up tense, which leads to more poor shots and more anger.
Not always the truth though, I’ve coached several players who instead feed off of the angst and lock in. It’s different for everyone.

Not always the truth though, I’ve coached several players who instead feed off of the angst and lock in. It’s different for everyone.

You are probably right, but in my experience what you describe is rare.

You are probably right, but in my experience what you describe is rare.
All hinges on ones competitive nature and drive. Just because it’s golf doesn’t mean one can’t be firey, I’m constantly on JH parents for trying to “tone down” their kids, no, give me them firey and passionate young and I’ll teach them how to use it, and not let it use them.

Short memory. Move on to the next hole

All hinges on ones competitive nature and drive. Just because it’s golf doesn’t mean one can’t be firey, I’m constantly on JH parents for trying to “tone down” their kids, no, give me them firey and passionate young and I’ll teach them how to use it, and not let it use them.

If you can do that, serious props to you.

Back