If you had all the money and time in the world, how often would you golf?

aceinspace

Reaction score
Handicap
12 to 14
If you had all the time and money in the world (meaning no significant family or work commitments, and no worries about expenses), how many 18-hole rounds of golf would you play, say, per month during the golf season?

Feel free to include any personal constraints as long as time and money are not involved.

For me, I am in relatively good health and good physical condition, have a few regular partners I enjoy playing with, have decent weather year round, and have a number of courses within an hour drive from my place.

With that my ideal number would be around 10 times per month. Any more than that I would probably be burned out and my hands would be too sore, given I usually hit a small bucket (25+/- balls) before each round, and I go to the range about once a week (50+/- balls).

Last edited:
I’d play 27 to 36 holes every day.

I currently average 3 rounds per week. I'd keep it about the same, so about 12 rounds per month, maybe squeeze in an extra round or two every so often.

I would say probably 3-5 times a week at least. Still in good shape & just enjoy being on the course, especially early in the morning.

5 days a week. Still need a break from golf.

As much as I could, but regardless it would still be only twice a week. Age does that to a person I guess. :laughing:

Currently I probably play 18 once or twice a month. 9 at least once a week after work. I go to the range twice a week and putting green twice a week.

If I time and money were no object I’d play 18 3-4 times a week and range/putt every day except for the occasional rest day.

Once my daughter is old enough I imagine I will be able to spend more time golfing assuming she enjoys it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d play every day. Sometimes 27 or 36 in a day.

Probably 4-5 times a week depending, some weeks maybe 6 or even 7 and I’m sure times I’d go 1-3. I’ve noticed the few times in my life where I’ve played 3 rounds in a row I am usually golfed out and just need a break to let the body and mind reset.

Id probably play 18 holes 3 times a week. Any more than that and I feel like Id get kind of burnt out after a while. Id probably golf on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, which would free me up for watching soccer and F1 on the weekends.

My goal would be 36 holes a day.

I'd play 18 holes every morning 5 days per week, until my body told me not to.

Well if I had all the money in the world I wouldn't play any for a season while I have about 5 surgeries, all for the goal of turning my 3 rounds per week as the absolute max without incurring injury into a hopefully more comfortable 4 rounds per week.

5 days a week. Spend the weekends with my wife and dogs.

It would be nice to think I'd have other interests and would only play golf a couple times per week.

I bet the number is pretty significant. No obligations? Great weather for most of a year?

I’m thinking no less than 200 rounds.

Probably 3, sometimes 4 a week. I don't think my back could take any more.

I’m guessing 4 to 5 times a week. When I used to go away on our annual golfing trip, I’d play 81 holes in 4 days and I was beat by the end. I guess the actual answer would be as much as I can without killing myself.

I'm not so sure it's a question of how often I would golf.

With unlimited funds, and time, it would be more like "how many different golf courses would I be playing golf at". The travel time between courses would effect how many times I played.

I could pretty much hazard a guess of playing 2-4 times a week depending on my travel schedule.

Maybe Pebble, on Monday. The Old Course (St. Andrews) on Thursday. Then maybe hop on my private jet (again) to Austrailia for 18 holes, some where down under.

Are there golf courses in Russia?

36 a day at least, it would be like being a teenager again with not a care in the world..

Would be 3-5 times a week. Still want to get pilot's license and plane, so would be flying the other days to get to different places/courses.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

Back