If you were a tour pro, where would you live?

Where would you live if you were a pro?

• Jupiter, FL

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Jacksonville, FL

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Sea Island, GA

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Charlotte, NC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas/Austin, TX

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Phoenix/Tucson, AZ

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Southern California

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters
Sea Island For sure.

It's small, has great golf courses/facilities, and an excellent executive airport.

I see a lot of votes for FL which would be nice to avoid state income taxes on endorsements but you would have to live in FL.

The tax savings(about $90k per year for an “average” PGA Tour Pro) would easily pay for a second home up in Sea Island. :) I agree that much of Florida is less than desirable but there are lots of spots on the Florida coast that I love and certainly the winter weather is warmer than Sea Island. Of course I’m biased having looked all over CA, AZ, and FL and picking Naples for our November - April retirement spot.

I Like the Austin area, but I could of course see the Jupiter area. Don't forget about income tax rules, I think that would probably rule out a few of your options ;)

The tax savings(about $90k per year for an “average” PGA Tour Pro) would easily pay for a second home up in Sea Island. :) I agree that much of Florida is less than desirable but there are lots of spots on the Florida coast that I love and certainly the winter weather is warmer than Sea Island. Of course I’m biased having looked all over CA, AZ, and FL and picking Naples for our November - April retirement spot.

I agree that the west coast from Sarasota down to Marco is the best part of FL

Probably Sea Island somewhere just because all my family is east coasters, makes it easy that way. Plus I grew up vacationing to St Simons every summer

Sea Island.

Of the choices given, I suppose Jupiter or Dallas/Austin would be my fallback.

None of the above.
If I was making serious money and wanted a low/no tax place to live it would be Switzerland.
IIRC, if someone wins a big purse in, say, California, they still have to pay CA income tax on that income.

Not if you don't play there.

It’s the reason I moved here. 😂

Because you were a tour pro?

I would probably go Jupiter. I did listen to a tour pro talk about living in Sea Island and for someone who frequently flies private it sounded pretty good. I will say my second choice would probably be Scottsdale/Phoenix. I would definitely be in favor of no state income tax though.

North of Tucson. Wife likes the desert and the general spiritual vibe there, and Tucson is a special place for me. I'm fine with driving up to the courses around Phoenix.
Me too. I would probably just become a member of the Gallery.

Picked Jupiter. Would definitely be somewhere in FL for the weather and lack of state income tax.

Because you were a tour pro?

I would probably go Jupiter. I did listen to a tour pro talk about living in Sea Island and for someone who frequently flies private it sounded pretty good. I will say my second choice would probably be Scottsdale/Phoenix. I would definitely be in favor of no state income tax though.
I a second life. :LOL::LOL:

Florida...............When I retired and moved to PGA Village, I'd go out to get togethers and it seemed like every 3rd or 4th guy I met was a New England Golf Pro snow birding at PGA. Those were the Class B type pros. Older and never really had PGA Tour quality game. But they had game. Many and I mean many live in Jupiter and belong to a few clubs there. They wanna hang with and play with their bros....

Not if you don't play there.
True, but you'd owe state income tax to whatever state you played in.
You'd be okay if you only played in Texas, Florida, Washington, Nevada, Wyoming, Alaska, and South Dakota.
Not a great tour.

Though I love TX, I think Jupiter would be a fun place to live with so much extra time on my hands. Fishing, food, and the outdoor life would be ideal there.

Houston, Texas of course. But since that isn’t an option, Dallas or SoCal. Probably Dallas

Dallas....direct flights to just about anywhere.

This or Jupiter Florida. The tax thing doesn’t really matter in regards to winnings since you are still taxed by the state you win in. Now endorsements are another story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really don't understand why there's not a Canadian option. Bias.

Went SoCal. Most enjoyable spot I've been in the US.

Anywhere except California

The Sea Island Gang is playing some great golf in 2021!

Back