If you were a tour pro, where would you live?

Where would you live if you were a pro?

• Jupiter, FL

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Jacksonville, FL

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Sea Island, GA

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Charlotte, NC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas/Austin, TX

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Phoenix/Tucson, AZ

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Southern California

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
There are a lot of areas that pros live. Which would you choose?

I’d probably choose to live near mine or my wife’s family, or where I have some sort of connection with others I know.

Florida somewhere. Probably heartland area between Gainesville and Ocala. But I chose Jupiter. Florida has no state income tax and great winter weather. You would be stupid not to live there.

Jupiter would be my choice. I have vacationed there several times.

Ketchikan Alaska. The weeks I wasn’t playing in warmer climates I’d enjoy my indoor Sim Studio, not only not pay any state income but receive a PFD every year, and something else important.... oh yeah, it’s Ketchikan AK.

I chose Southern California because it simply has been one of my favorite places to visit. I don’t think I’d do it long term. But I love the weather and golf!

It’s the reason I moved here. 😂

Texas. Central Time is where it’s at!

Jupiter...great golf, lots of fellow competitors to play with plus no state taxes 😜!

Easy one for me. Southern California.

I’m staying in Canada. Okanagan in British Columbia is where I’d have a second home, with main residence being up here.

If you traveled for a living you would know how key being central is......oh wait......
Dallas was ok flying in and out of.

I chose Phoenix/Tucson because I love the weather in Arizona. But in reality if I was a pro golfer and making that kind of money, I'd seriously consider living in Florida for the tax benefits. And most definitely not California, for the exact same reason (taxes). It appears that Phil Mickelson is leaving CA (he lives in Rancho Santa Fe, a very exclusive community north of San Diego) and moving to Jupiter, FL because he's tired of getting raped for taxes in CA.

I think I would choose the Jup life.

Probably Dallas still. Centrally located, decent golf weather year round & no state income tax.
Jupiter would be good but that’s a long flight anywhere.

Jupiter would be first choice but all of those sound pretty awesome!

Probably Dallas still. Centrally located, decent golf weather year round & no state income tax.
Jupiter would be good but that’s a long flight anywhere.
I get where you are coming from but, from March until June, you barely leave the area if you were in Florida.

I voted Dallas because then I could keep my skills honed by playing against Big Time @Nate.

Back