If your wife could beat ya

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
It doesn't bother me much that KellyBo waxes my arse now and then. More now than then but that's ok too. I think it's fun to have a golfing partner who plays a good stick. How would you feel if your significant other could take you to the woodshed on the course. I know some of you guys strictly prefer to do the all male gig and that's cool too, but if you had one that could give you show nuff competition, how would you feel about it?

I wouldnt mind one bit.... Just means we would be spending more time at the course

I would love it, and we would enter a ton of scramble tournaments.

I wish my wife did play. I think it would be a great way to spend time together.

What does your arse waxing have to do with your golf game? AYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If my wife did golf and she beat me, I wouldn't care. I think every healthy relationship needs some friendly competition in one form or another.

I would love it if she tried golf, if she beat me or not, I dont mind, as long as she still want to play with a hack like me :)

I've been trying to teach my GF to golf. I know a lot of guys want it to be their guys time away from their wives/gf/family, but I like including her and wish she liked it more. My grandparents golfed together forever, and my grandma actually has a few hole in ones. Don't think she ever beat my granddad, but I would think it's pretty awesome if my GF beat me one day knowing where she is now.

Jacqui has gotten pretty good in her six years of playing. She beats me sometimes and I love it. She can probably beat 75% of the guys at our course if they scored correctly.

She can have her days where she is pushing 100 too, but mulligans are her friend sometimes! On her good days she can shoot under 80 from the forward tees, she shoots 80s to low 90s on the gold, and mid 90s from the whites (regular men's tees at our course). The blue tees are too much for her on most holes.

Last year, she played as a sub on our Men's League on Alternate Night (three person teams instead of two, four times a year). She hit from the whites so no one could complain, and we used her drive on two of the nine holes!

KellyBo and I have played in several and have been very sucessful.

What does your arse waxing have to do with your golf game? AYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If my wife did golf and she beat me, I wouldn't care. I think every healthy relationship needs some friendly competition in one form or another.

LOL well after kicking it all over the course, I need a good wax job to ease the sting :D

No brainer for me. I'd love it.

Jacqui has gotten pretty good in her six years of playing. She beats me sometimes and I love it. She can probably beat 75% of the guys at our course if they scored correctly.

She can have her days where she is pushing 100 too, but mulligans are her friend sometimes! On her good days she can shoot under 80 from the forward tees, she shoots 80s to low 90s on the gold, and mid 90s from the whites (regular men's tees at our course). The blue tees are too much for her on most holes.

We need to tee it up with you folks one of these days :thumb:

Wouldn't bother me, my wife doesn't play but she has been hinting around about trying to learn.

My wife would be excellent in scrambles. Have her tee off from the forward tees, hit it 175-200 (sometimes) right in the middle of the fairway and let us guys bomb and gouge our tee shots. She usually hits 10 or 11 of the 12 fairways on our course. She is rarely under 50%

I would love it if my wife was good enough at golf to beat me. Would be some fun rivalry and I always love competition. Would be one great thing we could have in common.

I just begun an ar$e waxing story, however soon realised I'd got the wrong end of the stick! I'd love a significant other who played golf and could make a good game of it. Having said that, I would just like a significant other!!

When we first got together my girlfriend could beat me. She only golfs 2-3 times per year yet consistently is in the 90's. She also tends to drive the ball near mine every time. Been trying to get her to play more.

The cool thing is KellyBo and I can go on these mini golf trips and always have a partner and good competition. It's also funny when your wife talks golf products for her Christmas/Birthday presents. Easy peasy shopping.

I would welcome it....that would mean she is playing golf which she isn't doing currently!

I wouldnt mind one bit.... Just means we would be spending more time at the course
This pretty much nails it for me.

It would also mean our kids had a better chance at getting favorable golf DNA :)

I would love it if my wife played and had a game to beat me. It would make both of us better with our games because knowing us we would push each other to get better.

right now i'm looking forward to one of my little girls to start playing & there will be a day when they kick me around for 18.

I would be all for it. I would want to get better and if shes beating me shes beating some of my buddies too

My wife just started playing last year but she's got the bug. Got her own set of clubs for Christmas and we've played a couple rounds at the simulator. She's looking forward to getting some lessons this year if she can find an instructor she likes. Who knows, it might not be long and I'll have to answer this question...

I would love it. If my wife was better than me that would mean she would play a lot and more golf sounds fantastic to me

I would be PUMPED, because it would mean she loves golf and I wouldn't get the constant guilt trip about going out to play. I can get her to come out with me sometimes for 9 holers in the summer when it's warm, but she won't in the cooler weather and so when I go she has it stuck in her head that I don't want to hang out with her. She doesn't get that I just love golf, and it's not some active ploy to get away from her haha

With regard to the whole "getting beat by a girl" thing, I couldn't care less about that. There's plenty of girls out there who would whip my a$$ golfing, and at many other sports.

Back