If your wife could beat ya

I'd love it. :alien:

I would support my wife (and/or my kids) being a better golfer than me.

right now I just wish they would take interest.

My wife only plays once or twice a year, but if she played the same as me I doubt it would take her long to get better than me. Her swing is flawless as she took lessons before ever trying to play but her short game is terrible and that leads to frustration. I do believe I have her talked into the couples league this summer though.

It would bother me for a while. I'm a little competitive by nature. It would push me to get better most likely. However spending time together golfing never gets old.

The cool thing is KellyBo and I can go on these mini golf trips and always have a partner and good competition. It's also funny when your wife talks golf products for her Christmas/Birthday presents. Easy peasy shopping.

Probably makes any discussions about buying new golf equipment easier in general!

If she played I'd love the competition and I'd much rather have her beat me than a couple of my buddies, she's my best friend.

I would love it. My wife isn't into golf, but the idea of a girl beating me in sports has never been an issue. When I was 12, out Little League All Star team had a girl on it. She was the Virginia State Tournament MVP and we got into the second round of the South Regionals before being bounced. Women can play!

I'm a pretty competitive person, so I hate losing at anything. However, it makes no difference to me whether I lose to another guy or if I were to lose to my significant other.

All that would mean is that she is out there playing the game too, which would be a great thing!!! No problem if she beat me at it at all

I'd love it! It would mean I could golf more just because she'd want to go as well!!!! A co-worker has been club champ at his CC. He's scratch, +1, handicap. His wife played on the LPGA Tour for four years... He gets his butt waxed a bunch... But, he gets to play 3 times per week because she wants to play too!!!

I actually would enjoy the competition of it.

I can remember when it was a big deal to beat my dad. We usually had tough matches. Then he took 3 years off with back troubles, got back into it last year, and I typically beat him by about 12-15 strokes. I cannot wait for him to get back into form and challenge me. And it may not be too far off. The last round we played together, I beat him by about 10 strokes, but if you count only the back 9, he beat. The guy shoots -1 on 8 holes, then doubles the final hole, and still beat me by 3 strokes for that back 9.

~Rock

I'd love it if my wife took up golf, and would be ok with her taking me to the woodshed. Ofcourse, with 5 year old twins, we'd never get to play together for the next 8 or so years because someone has to watch them :)

my wife doesn't play which i am ok with, but would like her to play and would be ok for a minute or two if she beat me, but then that would give me more motivation to get better. she also is 12 years younger so at some point she would probably be able to beat me again.

My wife used to play but injuries have kept her on the sidelines for the last two years. When she did play we really didn't keep score, it was basically just time together. When we did compete, no one lost as the stakes were quite personal!!!!

If my wife played and was better than me I don't think it would bother me one bit.

I would just be happy if she played with me. She started with lessons and playing a bit but then stopped and I don't know why.

She doesn't play but if she did I wouldn't mind it one bit. She did whoop my butt back in college at one of those small pitch n putt courses but that was before I started to play lol

My wife beats me in every disagreement we have, so why not golf too :act-up:

My wife doesn't play, but I regularly get my butt handed to me by my 15 year old daughter playing my tees. And I could not be happier about it when it happens. I would love to take her with me as a ringer in a scramble!

My wife doesn't play, wish she did but it's not going to happen. I used to get to play with my daughter and she is pretty good, of course, I didn't mind when she beat me. She only plays on rare occasions now since having a career and responsibilities. Now I play regularly with her husband, he has never beaten her but doesn't let it bother him.

I wish my girlfriend played and could beat me (and anybody else).

She's a shark playing poker--people constantly underestimate her. She cleans up.

Wouldn't bother me at all as long as she was a good sport about it.
In fact, it would probably make me a better golfer.

Would love it. She would be winning the club championship every year. She brings home a lot more bacon than I do so I'm used to it.:act-up:

Back