If your wife could beat ya

I'll answer the question first. It wouldn't bother me one bit, actually I'd be quite proud of her. That being said, my wife hates golf...doesn't play it and never has other than one or two times to know she hates it...And she can probably STILL kick my butt.

I don't think I would have a big problem with it. I would just enjoy all the time I could spend with her on the course.

I would quit the sport. Not because a lady beat me because I've seen my wife play. To be fair last year was the first season she played more than 3 times.

If my wife played golf and played at high level, I'd like to compete with her. I have often thought about how it would be to be married to a good golfer and how much fun we could have. But the wife doesn't play or even show interest in my playing so for now, I am the king of my castle.

At the rate my girlfriend is improving its possible someday. She's only been swinging seriously for a few months but it seems like every time out she's growing at some aspect. What the best part is though is she loves the game.

Well we just got back from golfing and she kicked my butt again! :beat-up: I played like a pro on the front minus one triple bogey and like a prophylactic on the back. Totally lost my swing on the back today. I did finish up bogey, par, par, after finding it so I left on a high note. On the back nine we got behind an old man who had to be ninety +years old and the old dude hit every single trap on the back. He could barely make it in and back out of the traps. It looked like he was playing with his son and grandson. (Three generations) I just hope I can swing a club when I'm his age.

There are times I wished the little woman golfed but she is a tennis addict, a game I have zero interest in playing. So it works out pretty good: I golf, she hits a fuzzy ball and after we both play we manage a few cocktails. The world is in balance!

I really miss golfing with my wife. She was pretty decent at it unless she found a bunker, and a zillion times better than me on 3-10 footers. Hopefully she catches the bug again when she finds more time. I think the last time we got out on the course was when we were stationed in Bethesda, and that assignment wrapped up in 2001. When we used to play a ton together we'd do handicapped games (lowest I remember her at was a 24) and she won far more often than me.

I wouldn't mind that at all! I'd love to share the possion of golf with my significant other, whether she'd kick my butt or not.

The ex-Mrs. Mash hated golf, and couldn't let a moment go by without telling me. Too bad, cause I think she could have been a great golfer...

I'd be... how do you Southern folk say it? Bragging on her....

...but if you had one that could give you show nuff competition, how would you feel about it?

It doesn't bother me much that KellyBo waxes my arse now and then. More now than then but that's ok too. I think it's fun to have a golfing partner who plays a good stick. How would you feel if your significant other could take you to the woodshed on the course. I know some of you guys strictly prefer to do the all male gig and that's cool too, but if you had one that could give you show nuff competition, how would you feel about it?

Ole Gray....You've been paired with us. You've seen it firsthand. :angel: Heck, when my wife steps up to the first tee, she'll look you in the eye and ask, "Okay boys, what's the game?". And, more than likely, she is playing the same tees. :female-fighter::popcorn:

I wouldn't mind one bit, plus it would give me an excuse to play in as many events as possible, she could be my partner!

I wouldn't care if my wife beat me, but 99% of the time when we play together, she wants to just play best ball and go for a low score. No ego's in my golf game. We have a couple of ladies at my home course that I can't beat nine times out of ten, so no big deal. Some of the ladies really are pretty good.

I feel so lucky to have a wife that loves the game as much as I do. She currently carries a 22 ghin and I am at 4.
When the snow if off the ground and the courses are open, we play at least once a week together.
We play in several couples tourneys every year. We have won a few and still had fun at all the rest.
I just signed us up for our first tourney this year on Valentines Day. We have to drive 100 miles south to get out of the cold and into some greenish grass for the tourney.
It will be the first round of 2015 for both of us.

3 years ago, I had a horrible round while she was on fire and she beat me by 2 strokes....gross.
She catches me sometimes on a bad day and gets me with her handicap and I could care less.
We have a ton of fun playing together and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I would LOVE it! As it is, I already kick her ass in Words w/Friends, Ruzzle, etc... It would be so cool to have her really compete with me at something I love.

We've had a few rounds where it's been closer than I'd like. 2 years ago it came down to the final hole. I made birdie and Nerfny 3 putted for bogey. So I had a 2 shot edge. But looking at the score card she shot her PB a 88. Couldn't have been happier for her that day.

It would be awesome. We'd push each other to get better, and I'm pretty sure I could get out of cooking dinner every once in a while.

Would love it. It would mean I could actually get her on the course

I would definitely be OK with this. First of all, it would mean that my significant other has an interest in golf, which would be great given my love for the game. I'll have to admit, that getting schooled on the course would also provide some extra motivation for me to continue improving my golfing abilities.

Im glad my wife like to just play once in awhile. I get two kill two birds with one stone (get my golf in and spend quality time with the better half).

We could never enter the Love is in the Air event because she would want to play the entire hole!

I would absolutely love if Amanda could kick my butt lol. There's been a few times at our local par 3 course that she has come close to beating me on a few holes but can't see the deal with the flatstick. It might not help I'll try and play head games lol but I think it would be awesome for her to give me some competition.

Ole Gray....You've been paired with us. You've seen it firsthand. :angel: Heck, when my wife steps up to the first tee, she'll look you in the eye and ask, "Okay boys, what's the game?". And, more than likely, she is playing the same tees. :female-fighter::popcorn:

Oh yea! She's an awesome golfer from the get go... :golf2: I enjoyed the heck out of that round in Florida with you two. :thumb:

Guys that have have wives/gf, count yourself lucky that your better half plays golf. I think that is so awesome.

The cool thing is KellyBo and I can go on these mini golf trips and always have a partner and good competition. It's also funny when your wife talks golf products for her Christmas/Birthday presents. Easy peasy shopping.

My wife can beat me and also some of the guys I play with. She's spending more time practicing her short game and it shows on her scores. She sends me texts / photos when I am at work of new clubs or gear that has arrived whilst I am away. We get out 2 -3 times a week for the 6 weeks I am off work, either at home or we book somewhere at a golf resort and head there for a few days. Golf in the morning then trips out in the afternoon with dinner in the evenings.

I couldn't think of a better way to spend my time off.

Back