If your wife could beat ya

My wife can beat me and also some of the guys I play with. She's spending more time practicing her short game and it shows on her scores. She sends me texts / photos when I am at work of new clubs or gear that has arrived whilst I am away. We get out 2 -3 times a week for the 6 weeks I am off work, either at home or we book somewhere at a golf resort and head there for a few days. Golf in the morning then trips out in the afternoon with dinner in the evenings.

I couldn't think of a better way to spend my time off.

Pretty damn cool huh? I sit amazed listening to my wife talk about golf and the passion she has for it. Truly amazing stuff and for her to be able to play as well as she does, and she has fought though some major injuries too, makes me smile.

We've had a few rounds where it's been closer than I'd like. 2 years ago it came down to the final hole. I made birdie and Nerfny 3 putted for bogey. So I had a 2 shot edge. But looking at the score card she shot her PB a 88. Couldn't have been happier for her that day.
You did also flip a golf cart going back to get your range finder.

Jacqui can sit down when we get home and go through her round shot by shot, all 18 holes. That's how you know she is really into it!

Jacqui can sit down when we get home and go through her round shot by shot, all 18 holes. That's how you know she is really into it!

That's a real golfer right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be one of the few that is glad my wife doesn't play LOL.

My wife 'took me to the woodshed' once on the players course @indianwells but to be fair I was throwing up 2.5 hours previous to starting that round and she played the best round she ever played. I was more happy for her than the looks I got when showing others the scorecard to our friends.

My wife 'took me to the woodshed' once on the players course @indianwells but to be fair I was throwing up 2.5 hours previous to starting that round and she played the best round she ever played. I was more happy for her than the looks I got when showing others the scorecard to our friends.

Wait until you have to get use to time in the shed. :alien: I'm thinking about putting a bunk bed in mine... :D

Wait until you have to get use to time in the shed. :alien: I'm thinking about putting a bunk bed in mine... :D

HA! WiFi extender installed for THP access out there.

How would you feel if your significant other could take you to the woodshed on the course.
I'd be living in a dream world, and loving it!

It wouldn't bother me at all - though I don't see her ever caring enough about it to work at it. My 2 daughters (15, 18) are both just taking up the game I'll be grinning ear-to-ear if (when!) they beat me!!

Back