I'll take Jeopardy! for $2000, Alex

And he keeps going strong despite blowing an all on $8400 double Jeopardy bet. Still wins over 45 grand and is up to over 460 Grand in 8 days. Only Ken Jennings ($2.5 million) won more on regular Jeopardy! games.

And he wins yet again. This time with $106,181 for 566 grand total.

And now he has the top 3 single day winnings. Just incredible the knowledge he has. And guts to bet the amounts he does on the daily doubles.

Last edited:
And he wins yet again. This time with $106,181 for 566 grand total.

And now he has the top 3 single day winnings. Just incredible the knowledge he has. And guts to bet the amounts he does on the daily doubles.

If you haven't seen it, Google for his appearance on The Chase (Beastie!). The dude pretty much single-handedly ....... well, you need to see it.

And it continues. The champ wins $131,127 today (another new record and his 3rd time in 6 figures) for a total of just under 698 grand.

Wow.

And it continues. The champ wins $131,127 today (another new record and his 3rd time in 6 figures) for a total of just under 698 grand.

Wow.

That's an insane amount. I think that I have these episodes DVRed. I'll get to them this weekend.

When do we see him go head to head vs Ken?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He wins $74,000+ today and $771,920 overall. Kinda disappointing when he doesn't hit six figures!

The worst part about it is during stuff like this, jeopardy can start to be spoiled by social media if you’re not up to date on it all haha

Took him a while to get going but James still blew the others away. Over 80 grand today for almost 852 grand total.

And now has the top five single day winnings.

Took him a while to get going but James still blew the others away. Over 80 grand today for almost 852 grand total.

I haven’t watched him yet.

I know you watch daily, compared to Ken Jennings....who is more dominant?

I haven’t watched him yet.

I know you watch daily, compared to Ken Jennings....who is more dominant?

I didn't watch when Ken Jennings was on. Went a long time without watching it for some reason, I am not sure why. I had a DVR so I can't give a reason!

But I am not sure that this guy hasn't had a game that wasn't a runaway. And I don't mean where they just can't catch him barely. He would have 40, 50, 60 grand and more going into Final with his opponents under 10 grand. Most of the time, way under 10 grand. He is able to bid as much as 60,000 or more and still win if he misses. And the cool thing is that he will usually bid close to whatever he could afford to lose and still win the game.

I didn't watch when Ken Jennings was on. Went a long time without watching it for some reason, I am not sure why. I had a DVR so I can't give a reason!

But I am not sure that this guy hasn't had a game that wasn't a runaway. And I don't mean where they just can't catch him barely. He would have 40, 50, 60 grand and more going into Final with his opponents under 10 grand. Most of the time, way under 10 grand. He is able to bid as much as 60,000 or more and still win if he misses. And the cool thing is that he will usually bid close to whatever he could afford to lose and still win the game.

Gotcha.

I was in my last year of college, I think, 2004-2005 when Ken was on. And he dominated. I need to watch this guy. Ken didn’t win by those margins.

Gotcha.

I was in my last year of college, I think, 2004-2005 when Ken was on. And he dominated. I need to watch this guy. Ken didn’t win by those margins.

His margins are huge because he starts at the bottom of the categories instead of the top. Picks all the 1000 answers right away and then goes fishing for the daily double. In double Jeopardy he hits the 1200 and 1600 answers first and takes the 2000 ones later.

He was actually 1000 in the hole early on. His opponents probably thought they had a chance!

No one will ever catch his daily winnings (or you’d need someone as crazy/confident as him). You have to bet big with final jeopardy, and to catch his scores you’d have to have a sizable margin, which most people either wouldn’t bet or bet small to guarantee the payout.

I was blown away when he wagered like $60k of his $75k on final the other day. I can’t tell if it’s confidence or insanity...maybe it’s both.

No surprise here, but James wins for the 13th time. 90 grand plus today and nearly $943,000 total. Should hit seven figures with a win tomorrow.

And now has the top 6 single days winnings.

No one will ever catch his daily winnings (or you’d need someone as crazy/confident as him). You have to bet big with final jeopardy, and to catch his scores you’d have to have a sizable margin, which most people either wouldn’t bet or bet small to guarantee the payout.

I was blown away when he wagered like $60k of his $75k on final the other day. I can’t tell if it’s confidence or insanity...maybe it’s both.

He strikes me as a pompous twit, but he sure knows how to play the game!

He was already over 1 million before final with almost $69,000. Finishes with $118,116 for $1,061,554 in 14 games.

That is an average of more than 75,000 a day. And before him, the single game record was only 77,000. He is breaking their budget.

To say my local news is run by **** tards is an understatement!!!! Despite it being the NBC channel, they’ve just reported the result of tonight’s episode 2 hours before they show it!!! Idiots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letdown day for the champ with only $73,621 and $1,135,175 total. Doesn't get to add to his list of the top scorea of all time. Slacker.

Pretty decent day for James.

Another 90 grand. $1.2 million for 16 days.

The champ was shut out on all three daily doubles, and less than 30 grand going into final. But no surprise, it's another runaway. "Only" wins $49,600 and boosts his winnings to $1,275,587.

He's a $1,000 short of halfway to the all time record set in 74 games (he is on his 17th).

So I was watching yesterday and thinking about something else. I was born in 1980. Wheel Of Fortune and Jeopardy have been on in the same time slot, with the same hosts, and in basically the exact same format for my entire life. Given the nature of the TV industry that is really an amazing feat. If you're wondering WOF moved there in 1979 and Jeopardy moved to that slot in 1980.

His margins are huge because he starts at the bottom of the categories instead of the top. Picks all the 1000 answers right away and then goes fishing for the daily double. In double Jeopardy he hits the 1200 and 1600 answers first and takes the 2000 ones later.

He was actually 1000 in the hole early on. His opponents probably thought they had a chance!

One thing I have noticed is that the $1000 questions generally have a tricky aspect to them while the earlier questions are more straightforward. Once he has revealed those $1000 questions I notice my own brain tries to get to cute figuring out the answer to the other questions. I think he uses this to his advantage too. Those tricky questions make you overthink the simpler questions which either makes you answer wrong or pause long enough for him to hit the buzzer first.

fd59701a1521c600f282edabc6108ee5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a good match today. Wins but the guy on the right (see post above) made him earn it.

$1.329 million in 18 games now.

Back