Diane

Reaction score
I have a very healthy appetite, but I am usually starving when I play golf. :pig: Depending on the time of day I'm playing - I eat a big breakfast or lunch - always protein. I bring either mini Baby Bel cheeses or a PB&J with me. I also bring fruit or a breakfast bar as well as Gatorade and water. I want to eat the minute I'm finished too. Other people have told me they like to play on an empty stomach. I can't imagine.

I am, too. I'm such a pig. Yesterday I had leftover Chinese for breakfast, Mickey D's for lunch and pizza for dinner.

Just throwing that out there.

Eating is a "bad" vice for me. I like food. Fortunately I am active enough to burn off the excess calories. When it comes to playing golf, anything other than a full, bloated feeling works for me. At the other end, if my blood sugar runs low, I don't play well either. I always have something in my bag to munch on, which is usually fruit. :cool:

I usually have some tomato based drink with olives and asparagus spears in it when I golf in the morning. It usually has a pretty good kick, and I tend to swing better after a couple of these magic elixirs. I should probably try and find out what is in these bad boys.

I usually have some tomato based drink with olives and asparagus spears in it when I golf in the morning. It usually has a pretty good kick, and I tend to swing better after a couple of these magic elixirs. I should probably try and find out what is in these bad boys.

You mean Bloody Mary's? ;)

I always bring some kind of snack like a protein bar or something with me when I play. I can't go more than 2 hours without eating, I am ALWAYS hungry, it's a disease. I have never undrstood when someone says "I forgot to eat lunch". How does that even happen?

I tend to eat lightly before and during golf. A nutrigrain bar and a G2 is the extent of the food I have on the course. Food with high fat content is terrible for golf and tends to slow me down by the end of the round. I save that for after golf:D

I can only imagine what would happen if I drank before a round. I think I would be passed out on the 3rd green.

GolferGal, are you saying JB married a cheap date? :D

It's the vitamin A in them bro! It's good for you!

GolferGal, are you saying JB married a cheap date? :D

Oh yeah, 1 glass of wine and I am done! My wild crazy party days were over by the time I hit 21. I was quite the drinker in college but now, I can't even finish 1 cocktail. Whenever we go out for dinner, he will have a cocktail or two, and if we are with friends almost everyone will order a drink and I always get an unsweetened ice tea.

I use to be a cocktail waitress and I was the only person in the entire bar who was sober. Whenever someone wanted to buy me a shot I always had the bartender make it look like the real drink but it was always water or soda or something. I am not against drinking at all, and it never bothers me if the people around me are drinking (being sober around a bunch of drunk people is the best people watching you can do), I just can't do it anymore, it's just not fun for me, I just get sick.

I always have breakfast when I play early. Usually just a bowl of cereal and I try to carry tropical trail mix and a banana or apple with me. If I forget, I am hitting the cart girl up for chips and candy bars, neither of which is good for me. Our carts don't carry anything health like fruit.

I am not against drinking at all, and it never bothers me if the people around me are drinking (being sober around a bunch of drunk people is the best people watching you can do), I just can't do it anymore, it's just not fun for me, I just get sick.

That is me to a tee! I have recently had a beer after a couple of rounds of golf. First drinks I have had in years. I am usually the DD.

That is me to a tee! I have recently had a beer after a couple of rounds of golf. First drinks I have had in years. I am usually the DD.

There is nothing wrong with being the DD. I have always liked to wake up and feel refreshed the next day, not like I was hit by a truck.

I can't play on an empty stomach.

If I've got an early tee time, I'll eat a couple of ham, egg & cheese sandwiches before teeing off with a sugar free energy drink or G2.

If I've got an afternoon tee time, I'll eat a good lunch.

On the course I drink water nonstop. Occasionally I'll have a Gatorade or a Diet Coke, but mostly water. I keep trail mix in my bag, along with peanut butter crackers and granola bars. I'll eat a little something every few holes to keep from crashing.

I can't eat while I play. A banana at the turn, maybe, but that's about it. I drink water nonstop, though, and know where every portajohn on every course is located.

I might get a hot dog and/or a diet coke at the turn. I refill my water at every water jug.

go to the dollar store and pick up a bag of dried fruit to take with you...its my favorite to eat on the course :bashful: get a little dried coconut, papya, apple, banana and prunes yummmmmmmmmmmm

In the round...I don't eat anything. by the time it's over I am thungree!! So I have a gorilla burger and a bucket of cold beer. Ha! I earned it.

pulp3.jpg

mmmm...now that's a tasty burger.

I drink Gatorade like a fool! I carry at least 2-32 ouncers and maybe one more 16 ouncer in a round. I don't really like eating on the course. I feel icky afterwards.

Back