i'm a hacker and always played........

jkirby4

Reaction score
Handicap
i'm a hacker and always pretty much played whatever balls i find on the course. For Christmas i got a gift certificate to a local course and ended up buying a dozen Titlelist NXT tour balls with it. normally i spray my drives all over the place. equally left, right and center as i do track this stat just for giggles. I almost immediately started hitting the ball 20-25 yards farther and pretty close to straight. when i miss the fairway its not by much anymore. i'm just in awe at how much this has changed my game. i guess i always believed that a ball can make a difference but i thought it wouldn't make much of a change for my game but it did!!

price is an issue thats why i didn't buy ProV1. i just have a problem hitting a couple of them into the woods or water in a row :)

jim

That is great jk. If you like those balls, and want to try others, look for 3 piece balls that feature a surylin/ionomer cover. You might find some similar results.

Nice, glad you found the ball that fits your game. I was fitted by Bridgestone and it made a difference in my game. I still like to try other balls occasionally, but I still stay with my standard as I know exactly what to expect.

20 yards and a nice and tight dispersion from a switch to a bit nicer golf ball? Impressive.

i am quite suprised also. i really wanna say its been a fluke but the last 5 rounds have been the same results. i use the Golfshot app on my iphone because i like to track different stats and my driving average went from 219 to 242 with a number of drives over 250. if it was 1 or 2 rounds i could understand but it seems pretty consistant and the only change i have made since Christmas is the ball i'm using. i guess i could go back to using whatever i pulled out of my bag (to really see if thats the reason) but i don't wanna go back to losing 6+ balls a round :) ignorance is bliss and i sure am happy !!!

Last edited:
Glad you found something that works! I've been using any old ball I can find for cheap too, but I'm hoping to test out some different ones this year. I got some NXT Tour S balls for Christmas so I will have to see if I'm as lucky as you

Glad you found something that works! I've been using any old ball I can find for cheap too, but I'm hoping to test out some different ones this year. I got some NXT Tour S balls for Christmas so I will have to see if I'm as lucky as you

hopefully it works out for you. i just never had a problem shooting a ball into the water when i had found it for free.

i do seem to find Titleist balls frequently so now i know what ball to keep and what ball to give to my son.

Congrats jkirby4! Hopefully this keeps on working for you also. Shows how much a little ball can make.

now if i could stop leaving my 10 foot putts 5 feet short i'll practically be a pro !!!!!!! :)

I know how you feel man. I stumbled upon some Nike balls and I really like them and have made a big difference In my game but we are all different players so whatever works.

Keep a look out on ebay for some topflite gamer v2s.

They also have some new ones out, and Bridgestone e series is really nice.

If you want to try some gamer v2s,i can send you a sleeve or two to try out after this coming Friday.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Keep a look out on ebay for some topflite gamer v2s.

They also have some new ones out, and Bridgestone e series is really nice.

If you want to try some gamer v2s,i can send you a sleeve or two to try out after this coming Friday.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

thanks Rhyno, would love to try them.

good for you man. it only took me about 30 different types before I found my soulmate in the Callaway Diablo Tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many balls out there that can make an impact on your game.

It really is amazing how much the ball can affect your game. I always thought it was just marketing and that all balls were pretty much the same. Last year I finally tried my first premium ball after moving up to mid tier balls from found on the course balls a few years ago. Never thought I would willingly pay $40+ for a dozen ball but I found a few premium balls early in the year and one day when I had the course to myself I hit each ball from the tee and and continued hitting all balls from the best balls location from tee to green for a few holes keeping track of which ball was the best for each shot. I was stunned when one ball was consistently the best ball.

Congrats on finding a game changer jkirby4! Finding a ball that you love can be a huge boost to anyones game.

It really is amazing how much the ball can affect your game. I always thought it was just marketing and that all balls were pretty much the same. Last year I finally tried my first premium ball after moving up to mid tier balls from found on the course balls a few years ago. Never thought I would willingly pay $40+ for a dozen ball but I found a few premium balls early in the year and one day when I had the course to myself I hit each ball from the tee and and continued hitting all balls from the best balls location from tee to green for a few holes keeping track of which ball was the best for each shot. I was stunned when one ball was consistently the best ball.

i never really thought it would make a difference to a hacker like me but the proof is in the pudding (or the ball). as many have stated each ball may be different for each player i'm just glad i seemed to of stumbled across mine.

I have always felt the same way. I would play any ball that I could find or that were on sale. I finally realized how much of a difference playing the same ball would make. It is one of the variables you can control in this game and can't believe I haven't stuck with one ball until now. Glad you found the one for you.

Wow., that's great to hear. Hope you find some other 3-piece balls like that that might be even better. The HEX Hot look really nice and are engineered for distance.

Wow., that's great to hear. Hope you find some other 3-piece balls like that that might be even better. The HEX Hot look really nice and are engineered for distance.

i think the key for me was playing the same ball (brand) for a number of rounds. usually it was whatever i pulled out of my bag and it was rarely the same ball (brand). it's gonna be hard to change to another ball if the NXT continues to be consistant. i would hate to go out and spend alot on a dozen of different balls to find out they don't work with my game. i guess time will tell :)

i'm a hacker and always pretty much played whatever balls i find on the course. For Christmas i got a gift certificate to a local course and ended up buying a dozen Titlelist NXT tour balls with it. normally i spray my drives all over the place. equally left, right and center as i do track this stat just for giggles. I almost immediately started hitting the ball 20-25 yards farther and pretty close to straight. when i miss the fairway its not by much anymore. i'm just in awe at how much this has changed my game. i guess i always believed that a ball can make a difference but i thought it wouldn't make much of a change for my game but it did!!

price is an issue thats why i didn't buy ProV1. i just have a problem hitting a couple of them into the woods or water in a row :)

jim

Great to hear. Check out lostgolfballs.com. You can get AAAAA and AAAA quality for great prices!

Sounds like you just hit upon a ball that fits your swing speed and game.

it seems to only be getting better !!!! i tied my best round today and only lost one ball. of course that happened on 18 when i told my playing parteners that i was still using the same ball( hit it right it the water after that). i love me some NXT Tour balls. :)

Congrats on finding a ball that works for your game.

i think the key for me was playing the same ball (brand) for a number of rounds. usually it was whatever i pulled out of my bag and it was rarely the same ball (brand). it's gonna be hard to change to another ball if the NXT continues to be consistant. i would hate to go out and spend alot on a dozen of different balls to find out they don't work with my game. i guess time will tell :)

I think you are absolutely correct on that point. Using the same ball consistently will help a player to dial in their iron, wedge, and shot selection based on the characteristics of the particular ball.

Back