bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
I don't have a lot to do today so I was looking thru the member list and I'm a little concerned and also a little confused. As of this posting it shows we have 51 members. Of those 51 members there are 17 that have under 10 posts, 22 that have under 20 posts, 28 that have under 50 posts, and 31 that have under 100 posts. Over half of the members don't even have 50 posts. I understand that some people have jobs away from a computer and don't have as much time as I do to check the site and respond. I hope we aren't scaring people away. Most of the people that have low posts counts have not been here for a week or two. Some of them probably don't have a post since they signed up. We can't be a beneficial forum if we don't have active members. Hopefully everyone is out doing their Holiday shopping and that is what is keeping them busy and keeping them away from here.

:comp:

Bogey,
Dont be concerned. Lets not forget the fact that we have only been a forum for about 30 days. The growth we have had is amazing. Keep posting and having a good time. As more hear about us, we will grow by leaps and bounds.

Don't forget to include the 32 members who have no posts at all.

But give it a little time. It's taking off pretty good already, I'd rather it grew slowly and we got to know each other somewhat than to have 1,000 members who don't know each other.

Don't forget to include the 32 members who have no posts at all.

But give it a little time. It's taking off pretty good already, I'd rather it grew slowly and we got to know each other somewhat than to have 1,000 members who don't know each other.

We have 32 members with no posts? :confused2: I didn't see those.

I'll agree with you that I'd rather be small and know everyone and grow slowly than to start off with a lot and know no one. I guess that's kind of the good thing about joining in at the startup. Most of the names here are familiar from the other site. But I didn't really talk to anyone over there outside of just asking questions or responding to other threads.

Bogey,
Members only show in the member list once they make a post. We have seen considerable growth over the last two weeks from members that have come via Google and other places. I assure you by this time next year I expect this place to be full of people that nobody knows.

Bogey,
Members only show in the member list once they make a post. We have seen considerable growth over the last two weeks from members that have come via Google and other places. I assure you by this time next year I expect this place to be full of people that nobody knows.

I see. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in the future. Can we double or triple our size and still be able to know everyone. I get kind of nervous around strangers. :nailbiting: :roll:

And then we'll have to be a lot more careful about what we say! I mean, I figure we all know each other well enough (those guest lurkers aside) that we can be a little more careless about some personal details. Once there are 1,000 members, you gotta think twice or three times about posting some of that. And yeah, I know it's all still there, but who among us has ever sought out year-old threads on boards?

. . . who among us has ever sought out year-old threads on boards?

whistle.gif

I see. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in the future. Can we double or triple our size and still be able to know everyone. I get kind of nervous around strangers. :nailbiting: :roll:

And then we'll have to be a lot more careful about what we say! I mean, I figure we all know each other well enough (those guest lurkers aside) that we can be a little more careless about some personal details. Once there are 1,000 members, you gotta think twice or three times about posting some of that. And yeah, I know it's all still there, but who among us has ever sought out year-old threads on boards?

Your all part of this family. that will never change.

Okay, let's narrow the question. Who has sought out year old threads on boards we only joined a couple of months ago? And don't scare me here. I like to pretend I'm not really findable, but I know I am if someone was really determined.

Who has sought out year old threads on boards we only joined a couple of months ago?

waves.gif

But I used the search feature to find the answer to a question rather than ask a question without looking to see if it had already been asked. Mainly on techie boards (i.e. a high-def forum I belong to). Although people re-ask questions all the time, if I need to know, I need to know NOW, rather than ask and wait for someone to answer. Searching might get me the answer immediately.

Okay, let's narrow the question. Who has sought out year old threads on boards we only joined a couple of months ago? And don't scare me here. I like to pretend I'm not really findable, but I know I am if someone was really determined.

It depends on what I'm looking for. I did search a lot of the old threads on TST just to read some info about one thing or another. I have also been known to go into a thread group (i.e. Random and off topic) and go to the last page and work forward looking at the titles and reading some of the threads. I don't do if often.

I guess when we get 1,000's of members you won't be able to confess your love for all of us guys here. So you should start doing it now. :flowers4u:

It never hurts to start more threads either.

waves.gif

But I used the search feature to find the answer to a question rather than ask a question without looking to see if it had already been asked. Mainly on techie boards (i.e. a high-def forum I belong to). Although people re-ask questions all the time, if I need to know, I need to know NOW, rather than ask and wait for someone to answer. Searching might get me the answer immediately.

It depends on what I'm looking for. I did search a lot of the old threads on TST just to read some info about one thing or another. I have also been known to go into a thread group (i.e. Random and off topic) and go to the last page and work forward looking at the titles and reading some of the threads. I don't do if often.

I guess when we get 1,000's of members you won't be able to confess your love for all of us guys here. So you should start doing it now. :flowers4u:

That's all fine--not cyber stalking or anything. I keep thinking I should be more concerned about that than I am. And not for me--for the short people who live in my house.

You have Oompa Loompas?

You have Oompa Loompas?

[YOUTUBE]lPExIvSCvXU[/YOUTUBE]

Did I finally do that right? I'm so retarded with this part.

But no, JB--we have Whos.

Holy crap, Claire embedded a youtube clip properly. Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse?

You have Oompa Loompas?

I think I might have a small colony of them living with me. They keep stealing my socks, and they keep moving my remote. :angry: I wish they would clean up every once in a while too when they come to move my remote.

In all reality, its hard to write about golf when they're playing Christmas music, 40 degrees is the high (and that's in Texas!) and we're all sweating about our jobs. I wouldn't be concerned about any seasonal changes.

Although, I do agree about watching what we say - I know I'll take full blame for being crass or giving cr@p on occasion. It does scare people away if it seems too cliquey or boys/girls club. (I rewrote that paragraph some three times, and I'm still not sure about it.)

In all reality, its hard to write about golf when they're playing Christmas music, 40 degrees is the high (and that's in Texas!) and we're all sweating about our jobs. I wouldn't be concerned about any seasonal changes.

Although, I do agree about watching what we say - I know I'll take full blame for being crass or giving cr@p on occasion. It does scare people away if it seems too cliquey or boys/girls club. (I rewrote that paragraph some three times, and I'm still not sure about it.)

I know what you mean. I kind of felt like the outsider over at TST. I know you can't start a new website all the time but I'm glad this one was started. I got to see that the people I thought were "elitists" over there really weren't any different than me. Well other than our HCP.

The reason we started this was because we wanted a place for people to speak freely and at the same time have an honest approach to reviews. I think we have a good thing here with the core group that we have and I expect us to start growing a lot after the PGA show.

Back