I'm giving SuperSpeed Golf trainer a try!

Dude, I was sooo fecking tired...:D. I even called the support line after reading a post somewhere about , " did my 18 swings. Blah blah blah...". And I'm like, 18?? WTF?? So I called. They almost laughed at me.

What u and I thought though...makes sense.

So I'm done with level one when I saw this because I could not imagine Level 2 was even more. I was 90 swings times 3 sets...270 times, swinging out my ass...5 days a week.

I'm thinking to myself, how are people sticking with this? I'm at the gym 2 hours a day 5 days a week and I think it's tough...

I'm amazed someone actually sold u a set...u lucked out big time. I checked around last year and a used set was nowhere to be found.

The 2 of us, 2 knuckleheads from the gym... LOL

After a few range sessions, I am finding the center of the driver face more and definitely hitting some of the longest drives on the course ever. Highest recorded swing with a driver so far while doing the training is 112 mph, up from 99 mph 4 weeks ago., but I doubt I am hitting the ball with that swing speed. Really liking the swing training aid and will continue with the training. As others have said for $199 it is money better spent than a new driver with the same old swing. LOVE this forum

After a few range sessions, I am finding the center of the driver face more and definitely hitting some of the longest drives on the course ever. Highest recorded swing with a driver so far while doing the training is 112 mph, up from 99 mph 4 weeks ago., but I doubt I am hitting the ball with that swing speed. Really liking the swing training aid and will continue with the training. As others have said for $199 it is money better spent than a new driver with the same old swing. LOVE this forum

Super glad you love it - those extra yards make the rest easier.

I am ready to get back at it, next week starts the new quest for 100mph driver speed.
Now I just have to stay back healthy for more than 2 weeks in a row

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Progressing along nicely with the intro protocol. I'm trying to do it at least 3 times a week, and it's much more manageable now that I'm doing the correct number of sets. I'm measuring my swing speed with the green trainer and my driver at the end and made myself a handy Google Sheet to track my progress!

Progressing along nicely with the intro protocol. I'm trying to do it at least 3 times a week, and it's much more manageable now that I'm doing the correct number of sets. I'm measuring my swing speed with the green trainer and my driver at the end and made myself a handy Google Sheet to track my progress!

My advice is stick to 3 times a week, or at least give your self a day off in between doing it. Overtraining can lead to plateaus (as I am sure you know better than my in your workouts) and simply chasing the speed can get you out of sorts with your swing. I regressed into some really bad habits sadly right before the Cali Classic because I got busy and instead of working on hitting balls I focused just on this. My speed went down because my swing mechanics got sloppy/bad and I could not figure out why.

Anyway, do your thing, but I think that is why the the program is set up for 3 times a week.

Your advice is well taken and I can certainly see how the blind pursuit of increasing speed could definitely cause issues. Plus, I've definitely felt the effects of this training combined with my usual workouts. Like many others who have done all the protocols I'm just hoping it makes a difference and I think it'll be fun seeing how I progress over time!

My advice is stick to 3 times a week, or at least give your self a day off in between doing it. Overtraining can lead to plateaus (as I am sure you know better than my in your workouts) and simply chasing the speed can get you out of sorts with your swing. I regressed into some really bad habits sadly right before the Cali Classic because I got busy and instead of working on hitting balls I focused just on this. My speed went down because my swing mechanics got sloppy/bad and I could not figure out why.

Anyway, do your thing, but I think that is why the the program is set up for 3 times a week.

Agree. 1000% follow the recommended sessions, it’s easy to want to put in more, but the guys who designed this are pretty smart. Hahaha

I don’t see more gains lifting weights more than every other day so the 3 days a week makes sense. I’ve been off the SuperSpeed for a couple months, mostly because I got lazy with the golf exercises knowing that my golf season was coming to an end for 5 months. I’m on a exercise kick right now and just started doing the SuperSpeed a couple days ago. I’ve been bitten by the golf buy again by getting to the simulator a couple days a week. I’m now getting more feedback on my swing numbers than ever before and my goal is to go from my current 150ish ball speed to 160 by springtime.

Yup, agree 100%...also, Mr.Hicksta is spot on. Like I said earlier, last year I went about it all wrong. Not only doing triple the swings every time, I was doing it 5 days a week...as much as I could. It was like crack. And like smoking crack...nothing good came of it. I came out in the spring with a awful swing, no tempo, ball going all over the planet. Took most of the year to reign it back in and then in an efferent to do so I wasn't hitting it as far as I would have liked.

This year, I'll stick to protocol,..much more managable, and watch my swing, keep it real not stupid.

I've been working at golf specific strength/flexibility the last month or so which includes the Superspeed and a swing fan. I also have been stretching with the MISIG device(below) after my strength workouts and it seems to be helping me more with proper plane than actual swingspeed.

51gvE1V-KEL._SY450_.jpg

I've been on the indoor golf simulator at my club a couple times a week so it pretty easy to monitor my swing speed. 3 weeks ago I was averaging 104 driver clubhead speed and when I played yesterday my driver was consistently at 110-111 with only a few outliers above or below that on about 60 shots. I have lost about 10 pounds of fat in the last 5 weeks which along with the core exercises has improved my turn. I'm excited to keep this up and see what kind of real world increase I will see on the course. My home course has 3 par 5's that are in the 510-525 range from the normal tee's my group plays and all of them will become very reachable if I can get my ballsppeed up in the 160 range. Maybe I can dial in my new Cortex that's coming towmorrow and that will help 1-2mph as well!

How does SSG compare to doing cable work on a weight machine? I put the cable grip in my left hand, stand with my left arm at just over 90 degrees to the right, then rotate my lower body while pulling the weight on the cable. Anyone else tried this? The swing fan is good for a burn-down after the cable work. This seems to work for me.

I've been working at golf specific strength/flexibility the last month or so which includes the Superspeed and a swing fan. I also have been stretching with the MISIG device(below) after my strength workouts and it seems to be helping me more with proper plane than actual swingspeed.

51gvE1V-KEL._SY450_.jpg

I've been on the indoor golf simulator at my club a couple times a week so it pretty easy to monitor my swing speed. 3 weeks ago I was averaging 104 driver clubhead speed and when I played yesterday my driver was consistently at 110-111 with only a few outliers above or below that on about 60 shots. I have lost about 10 pounds of fat in the last 5 weeks which along with the core exercises has improved my turn. I'm excited to keep this up and see what kind of real world increase I will see on the course. My home course has 3 par 5's that are in the 510-525 range from the normal tee's my group plays and all of them will become very reachable if I can get my ballsppeed up in the 160 range. Maybe I can dial in my new Cortex that's coming towmorrow and that will help 1-2mph as well!

Since reading this I’ve been using MISIG as my warmup for Super Speed Golf. Too early to tell if there has been an improvement, but I certainly feel more loose for the fast swings. I’m going to do the intro protocol for 6 weeks and then it’s on to level 1!

I'm giving SuperSpeed Golf trainer a try!

I am thinking of trying the Super Speed system, but I am wondering about those that are starting at slower speeds. Seems most started with a swing speed already over 100mph.

Have you notice decent results when you started at 85 or slower? Goal is to increase to around 95 with the corresponding ball speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking of trying the Super Speed system, but I am wondering about those that are starting at slower speeds. Seems most started with a swing speed already over 100mph.

Have you notice decent results when you started at 85 or slower? Goal is to increase to around 95 with the corresponding ball speed.

I believe I started sub 90 and I saw results in a couple weeks, I am getting back into it now with today being the 1st in several months.

As with any training program for me the hardest part is just starting and staying healthy.

How does SSG compare to doing cable work on a weight machine? I put the cable grip in my left hand, stand with my left arm at just over 90 degrees to the right, then rotate my lower body while pulling the weight on the cable. Anyone else tried this? The swing fan is good for a burn-down after the cable work. This seems to work for me.

I have been doing cable exercises a few days a week since my shoulder surgery in 2011. They help with strength and flexibility but not in the same way as the SuperSpeed or MISIG. I like how the MISIG encourages moving your hip/legs/torso/shoulders in the proper sequence and also helps me feel the proper swing plane.

I think SSG and MISIG work to stretch muscles to loosen for more speed which is a huge plus. For me, most of the issues with speed are tension combined with inefficiency. As Malaska stated in his video, CHS does not translate to more distance if the smash factor, or efficiency, is low.

I think SSG and MISIG work to stretch muscles to loosen for more speed which is a huge plus. For me, most of the issues with speed are tension combined with inefficiency. As Malaska stated in his video, CHS does not translate to more distance if the smash factor, or efficiency, is low.

Center face with a square path and face are paramount. I have several buddies that have clubhead speeds in the 115+ range but hit it much shorter than I do on average. 1 out of 10 drives they hit a bomb and the rest of the time they are 240-260 and often crooked.

I've seen the same thing. One thing to watch out for is finding the correct neutral grip for my body. I recently found my grip was too weak which didn't match my left arm and wrist position when I let it dangle without a club. Basically I was fighting an unnatural grip position that created worse smash factors. I now really concentrate on the grip during any conditioning training because otherwise all the added SS looks good on radar, but doesn't translate to distance.

It has worked for literally everyone I’ve had use it. My HS Boys and Girls range from 70’s to 115 mph and all have seen improvement.

This week will be week 4 of the intro protocol for me. So far my swing speed averages for the green trainer and driver are 112.6 and 107.8 respectively. I'm hoping to keep this upward trend going!

I have still not picked them up, but it is going to happen tomorrow...

I have still not picked them up, but it is going to happen tomorrow...

Get it done.

The program WORKS. No hocus pocus here, no placebo effect, it flat out works.

You guys have convinced me to start this again. I just started a dedicated fitness routine, so I'm going to work this in starting tonight. The problem for me is that snow is going to become an issue in a hurry and I don't have high enough ceilings to I can swing inside.

Back