I'm giving SuperSpeed Golf trainer a try!

I am thinking of trying the Super Speed system, but I am wondering about those that are starting at slower speeds. Seems most started with a swing speed already over 100mph.

Have you notice decent results when you started at 85 or slower? Goal is to increase to around 95 with the corresponding ball speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thinking exactly.
Might have to search out one of these and give it a whirl.

I am thinking of trying the Super Speed system, but I am wondering about those that are starting at slower speeds. Seems most started with a swing speed already over 100mph.

Have you notice decent results when you started at 85 or slower? Goal is to increase to around 95 with the corresponding ball speed.

When I did it last year, my ball speed was in the lower 90's and ended up in the mid 90's

I'm just going to state here that I think this exercise led to my torn meniscus in my left knee or lead knee.
When you get to protocol 3, lot's of quick swings and torque on the that knee.
Not going to kid myself, my weight had something to do with it however I didn't start experience an issue until I started this program.

Just be aware please.....

When I did it last year, my ball speed was in the lower 90's and ended up in the mid 90's

I'm just going to state here that I think this exercise led to my torn meniscus in my left knee or lead knee.
When you get to protocol 3, lot's of quick swings and torque on the that knee.
Not going to kid myself, my weight had something to do with it however I didn't start experience an issue until I started this program.

Just be aware please.....
Would love to try this system but not going to even think about it until I'm 100% sure my sciatic nerve is completely healed up. Not interested in gaining a few mph at the expense of having to sit on my butt, instead of playing, for an extended period of time again.

I fully believe if you have some lingering back or knee issues swinging these suckers out of your shoes can make things worst.
But it certainly improved by driving and I believe my confidence to just go after the ball, I have had back issues for years and it tends to flare up at odd times and that has caused me to be lazy with the program. That and it was just to darn not this summer to get motivated once I did feel good.
But I am on a good time with the back so back after it I go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Alright, here are some fairly representative numbers for me. I have taken 3 full weeks off of the program to try and get some swing mechanics improved then will probably start back at in the next couple weeks.

I did this program from introductory protocol (4 weeks) to level 1 (12 weeks) then started up with level 2 for a while before (think about 5 months total) this break. I have also tightened up my diet and been exercising 4+ days a week and would recommend to look at this like starting a new exercise program, don’t ask your body to do things it can’t.

I pulled my groin doing this program last year because I was overweight and out of shape. I am still both, but not as bad as I was.

First photo is from end of April before my driver fitting (numbers during this fitting were about like this)

cb7b10769146be873ce24770d4346d2f.jpg

2nd photo is from today with my 3 gapr hi
fa477c27b62261ceb0ee33a9bd0337fc.jpg

3rd photo is from today with my current driver
453b5fb78090bf896017e84b4f448e7b.jpg

Now I could improve the efficiency but picking up that speed is due to the exercise I have been doing both in the gym and with this program and will definitely be doing it again hopefully for all of 2019 as I would LOVE to get to triple digits

So I started the program about a month ago on the intro protocol. I've been doing the protocol pretty religiously along with my normal rigorous practice schedule, but I've added some full-on hard driver swing sessions to try and transfer the speed to my driver. I've also been playing with a few speed thoughts and techniques like watching my weight transfer patterns.

Anyway, I started with a full-on max of 111 mph and a 3 ball average of 108 mph. My test yesterday gave a max of 113 mph and a 3 ball average of 112.3 mph. My lefty swing has improved to the point where I get compliments for how good it looks on the Speedsticks, but it still feels awkward to me (averaging over 100 mph even on the red for lefty).

The two major modifications I've worked on are:
1. Lifting my left heel fairly aggressively in the backswing which helps reduce tension and opens up my hips on the backswing.
2. Working on making sure the pressure goes from my right heel in the backswing to my left toe in the downswing. (unless I'm playing a fade in which case it's the opposite) Matching my foot pressure to my shot selection has been huge in improving my consistency. I had no idea about this concept before.

I'm about to switch to Level 1. I did some knee swings the other day and I can really feel the stretch it creates.

Alright, here are some fairly representative numbers for me. I have taken 3 full weeks off of the program to try and get some swing mechanics improved then will probably start back at in the next couple weeks.

I did this program from introductory protocol (4 weeks) to level 1 (12 weeks) then started up with level 2 for a while before (think about 5 months total) this break. I have also tightened up my diet and been exercising 4+ days a week and would recommend to look at this like starting a new exercise program, don’t ask your body to do things it can’t.

I pulled my groin doing this program last year because I was overweight and out of shape. I am still both, but not as bad as I was.

First photo is from end of April before my driver fitting (numbers during this fitting were about like this)

Now I could improve the efficiency but picking up that speed is due to the exercise I have been doing both in the gym and with this program and will definitely be doing it again hopefully for all of 2019 as I would LOVE to get to triple digits

That's awesome Roger. 10 mph is huge. could get you up to a 30 yard gain with improved efficiency.

Wow 10mph is HUGE! Glad the program is working for you. I tried it but didn't like it at all

Wow 10mph is HUGE! Glad the program is working for you. I tried it but didn't like it at all
What didn't you like about it?

It. Flat. Out. Works.

I've screamed it from day one, its not voodoo.

Love it Roger.

What didn't you like about it?

For me...and its a me thing... it messed up my swing. I don't do well with weighted stuff, I know it sounds ridiculous but the orange whip messes me up too. Whenever I would swing one of those before playing my swing gets all out of whack. I get too over the top trying to swing too hard and thats what happened here. I have no doubt it works correctly when done right, I just didn't want to put the time and effort in.

That's awesome Roger. 10 mph is huge. could get you up to a 30 yard gain with improved efficiency.

Oh yeah, in April a good drive was 210. Now even without a great strike on a decent swing I am carrying over that and running out another 15-20. Swing is still a work in progress but the speed gains have stuck around even with a break in the program.

For me...and its a me thing... it messed up my swing. I don't do well with weighted stuff, I know it sounds ridiculous but the orange whip messes me up too. Whenever I would swing one of those before playing my swing gets all out of whack. I get too over the top trying to swing too hard and thats what happened here. I have no doubt it works correctly when done right, I just didn't want to put the time and effort in.

That's not the first time I've heard someone say the Orange Whip messed with their swing, and while the SuperSpeed golf trainers can be used to warm up, I personally don't think that's their intended use. I say that because using the trainer and just going out and playing are two different mindsets so I can see how warming up with one could put you in 'time to swing hard as f&%k mode, which likely as a poor outcome.

That's not the first time I've heard someone say the Orange Whip messed with their swing, and while the SuperSpeed golf trainers can be used to warm up, I personally don't think that's their intended use. I say that because using the trainer and just going out and playing are two different mindsets so I can see how warming up with one could put you in 'time to swing hard as f&%k mode, which likely as a poor outcome.

I wasn't suggesting I warmed up with one I was just using the comparison to the Orange Whip because I got the same results. I also found I couldn't do the program on a day where I was going to play golf either so it had to be on off days and it for me it just wasn't worth it at the time.

The thing here to remember, and what I preach to my HS teams, its not about swinging HARDER, that will jack your swing up, its about learning to swing FASTER, two very different things. Does a fantastic job, with a radar, of giving them immediate feedback to if they are going harder vs faster, and low and behold I have seen many actually learn to slot the club and start to break that baseball OTT many of my kids battle.

The thing here to remember, and what I preach to my HS teams, its not about swinging HARDER, that will jack your swing up, its about learning to swing FASTER, two very different things. Does a fantastic job, with a radar, of giving them immediate feedback to if they are going harder vs faster, and low and behold I have seen many actually learn to slot the club and start to break that baseball OTT many of my kids battle.

Nailed it.

I just didn't want to put the effort in to break those bad habits at the time. I'm not bashing the product I'm just saying it wasn't working for me.

James,
I think that is how it helped me, I have a terrible OTT move at times and using the SS seemed to help that as I could see the results on the radar right away when I kept my elbow in and turned / shifted properly. I can swing hard with just my shoulders just by my body type (even old body type) but when I use the lower body it feels effortless and the gains are easy to see.

I am going outside right now and doing the darn thing, off my ass and make it so....

Yeah, I think that is the biggest thing to understand. I started to see some real increases and then start going harder and I saw an immediate drop in speed. Went and got a lesson and getting some things back on track and voila numbers are trending back up.

@JDTox yeah I can't play the same day I do this. I usually only play one day a week so it worked for me to do it twice after work at the range and once on the weekend. I found the best gains/swing stayed the same when I would warm up by hitting range balls then do the training, then hit a few more balls to finish off the day. Not everyone has the time to do that, but it is what got me playing the best golf of the year. Once I went to only the training I backslid on my mechanics.

Will these trainers register on SC100 launch monitors seeing as there’s no “launch”?

If I’m not mistaken the SC100 and SC200’s read the ball after impact.

Will these trainers register on SC100 launch monitors seeing as there’s no “launch”?

I personally don't have any experience but think a few pages back another poster said no.

I use the swing speed radar and then will check it on my Mevo when I hit balls and they are usually pretty close.

No, they will not.

I wasn't suggesting I warmed up with one I was just using the comparison to the Orange Whip because I got the same results. I also found I couldn't do the program on a day where I was going to play golf either so it had to be on off days and it for me it just wasn't worth it at the time.

Ahh I got ya. Yeah it certainly requires a bit of a time commitment, but since this is the third time I've owned the system I'm damn sure going to finish it this time around!

Decided to do the intro protocol for two more weeks before I move to level 1. I’m definitely picking up speed with the green trainer and driver so it will be interesting to see how much speed I can pick up over the next few months!

Decided to do the intro protocol for two more weeks before I move to level 1. I’m definitely picking up speed with the green trainer and driver so it will be interesting to see how much speed I can pick up over the next few months!

Which ss monitor are you using? The blue radar one?

Back