I'm giving SuperSpeed Golf trainer a try!

Starting week 2 of the level 1 protocol today. Average speeds so far are 121.3 and 117.7 for the green trainer and driver respectively!

Ceiling in basement are too low to swing these dammit. Will have to do it in the Arctic tundra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ceiling in basement are too low to swing these dammit. Will have to do it in the article tundra

I've been waffling on order a set of these right now for exactly this reason.

I'll definitely have them in hand by mid/late March so I can hit the (thawed) ground running.

I'm just not sure I'm willing to commit to a workout outside in the ice/snow. With my luck I'd catch a patch of black ice in my driveway and take myself out of commission for a while.

I'll definitely have them in hand by mid/late March so I can hit the (thawed) ground running.

I'm just not sure I'm willing to commit to a workout outside in the ice/snow. With my luck I'd catch a patch of black ice in my driveway and take myself out of commission for a while.
I’m going to try to make it work and also use them at range sessions under the heaters.

I live in Massachusetts and get it done outside sometimes. I'll stop at a range, golf course...even a Target parking lot. I have a big deck at home too and use that space as well. It's not a long workout, not going to freeze to death out there. I haven't timed it get but I think it takes me less than 10 minutes.

From MA - trying this out starting tonight. I have a sim membership and may bring into the sim to train last 10 mins of each range session. Tonight trying outside but it’s like 25 degrees out.

Just purchased a used set of superspeed golf clubs to train. Anyone else ever tried and had success? Going to get a baseline for SS Driver / 3 wood / 6 iron today on a Sim.

Update: baseline SS mph 1/16
Driver 97.14
3 wood 89.69
6 iron 83.28

My set is sitting in my garage for now. I don't have any place to do them inside unless I take them with me to the gym. Intro + Level 1 protocol is 4 months anyways, so I did that last year when the weather was good and will do that again when it warms up here and I can do it all outside.

My set is sitting in my garage for now. I don't have any place to do them inside unless I take them with me to the gym. Intro + Level 1 protocol is 4 months anyways, so I did that last year when the weather was good and will do that again when it warms up here and I can do it all outside.

Ah man, that sucks they’re basically collecting dust till it warms up. If you need someone to keep them in good shape for you while it’s chilly, I mean.. what’s up friend

Seems to me it’s best to train indoor. Snow is coming in New England soon.

I would love to see someone at the gym with these being a “golf guy”

Seems to me it’s best to train indoor. Snow is coming in New England soon.

I would love to see someone at the gym with these being a “golf guy”

Excessive grunting with super speed.

Well, I started the Super Speed this week.

My radar is starting my speeds at:

Driver - 94MPH (this seems high to me)
6 Iron - 74MPH
PW - 72MPH

In my test with a GCQuad, I was more in the neighborhood of 86-88MPH on Driver. So, not sure if I was just getting a few better swings or the radar was off a bit.

My speed with Super Speed program:

Green Stick - 94MPH
Blue Stick - 91MPH
Red Stick - 86MPH

One thing is for sure after just the second workout my left (non dominant) side is VERY awkward and much much slower then my right.

I will update after a few weeks to see how my numbers have or haven’t changed. My golfing group is also very interested to see how my numbers and actual drive and iron shots change. I tend to be the test person in our group before others buy. Mostly, that is tech stuff. They all laughed and said they will believe the Super Speed works when they see it.

Well, I started the Super Speed this week.

My radar is starting my speeds at:

Driver - 94MPH (this seems high to me)
6 Iron - 74MPH
PW - 72MPH

In my test with a GCQuad, I was more in the neighborhood of 86-88MPH on Driver. So, not sure if I was just getting a few better swings or the radar was off a bit.

My speed with Super Speed program:

Green Stick - 94MPH
Blue Stick - 91MPH
Red Stick - 86MPH

One thing is for sure after just the second workout my left (non dominant) side is VERY awkward and much much slower then my right.

I will update after a few weeks to see how my numbers have or haven’t changed. My golfing group is also very interested to see how my numbers and actual drive and iron shots change. I tend to be the test person in our group before others buy. Mostly, that is tech stuff. They all laughed and said they will believe the Super Speed works when they see it.

You have to take the swing speed readings with the SS radar with a grain of salt. They are pretty inaccurate as a true measure of your actual swing speed. It is great for monitoring your progress on the program, I would not rely on it to give you an accurate measure of your actual swing speed when hitting balls. I use my SC 200 to check my swing speed while actually hitting balls. The CG Quad is a great way to measure your actual numbers as well (or any other high end launch monitor). The readings are in the ball park without a ball. As a comparison, I generally get a few MPH less with the SS radar when actually hitting balls indoors when compared to the SC200. Also, I get some crazy high readings with the SS radar like 115 or even 120 MPH while the SC200 will show a swing speed of around 87-93 with my 6-iron (which I suspect the SS radar is being confused by the ball speed and club speed). The SS radar will give fairly consistent readings when swinging without a ball and that is what is important for monitoring your progress. Also, remember, most people will swing faster when actually hitting a ball as opposed to swinging through the air.

As another example, last year completing about 3/4 of Level 1, I could swing my driver on the SS radar around 110 MPH (tops) without a ball. I hit a high actually hitting balls on the SC 200 of 118 MPH, but was generally in the 108-111 MPH range (up from the 102 I started at). I tried measuring on the SS radar and got a lot of crazy readings. I also compared the results between the two the same swing and the SS radar was consistently reading below the SC 200 by 2-8 Mph. I have also seen people that compared the SS radar to the Trackman and the SSR would show 5-10 MPH greater swing speed than the TM. My point, it is best used for monitoring how much progress you are making swing the three sticks without a ball as it is fairly consistent for that purpose.

Good luck
Kaos

Last edited:
Spring training is here! I restarted the program after my winter layoff which is typically from November through mid February. I started back three weeks ago and was anxious to see if I had maintained any of the gains I made last year. Through Level 1. I started the first week simply doing some swings with each club not really monitoring the progress. I decided this year I would do the program with a twist. I added two clubs to the program and am about 3 weeks in with the additions. Surprisingly, at 54 years old, I managed to maintain a 5.5% gain from where I was starting the program last June. My high in gain was in the 8-9% range combined with all three clubs.

As far as the program modifications I am making this year, read on. I have an old Monentus training club (very heavy) laying around and an old Speed Woosh laying around as well. I decided that I would do the program with the following routine.

1. Stretch on my inversion board for 5-8 mins.
2. Do some other stretches like ham string and shoulders etc.
3. Take about 15 or 20 swings with the Momentus heavy club (or until I feel somewhat lose).
4. Hit about 20 balls or until I am swinging 6-iron in the 88-90+ Mph fairly consistently.
5. I take about 10 swings with the Speed Woosh from both sides.
6. I do a quick warm up with the Superspeed clubs starting with the red club first.
7. Do the Intro Protocol with 5 swings each instead of 3.
8. Do a speed set with Speed Woosh
9. Finish up with the green stick speed set.

Doing this routine has delivered faster results than I saw last year. I hit a new high with the green at 135 (up from 133 last year). My blue and red sticks are getting better with each session. The left handed swings speeds have almost caught up with the right side (within about 5-8%). Now the faster results may be that I am getting back to where I was easier, so I am not overly excited about that, but it is encouraging. I started with a top speed with the Speed Woosh of 133 Mph. Last session, I was able to get it up to 142 Mph. and I feel like I have another 5-7 Mph in me.

The benefits with the program this year have allowed me to make some minor swing changes like being more relaxed while swinging. This requires a lighter grip and being tension free (I also weakened the right hand a touch). With less tension, I feel like I am not swinging as hard, but I am getting great results. Being too tense on the program last year I think held me back. I also slowed my tempo a little (not much) but that has helped me not to get too tense on the downswing while doing the protocol. I am back up to a 7% increase from where I started last year and I am hoping to crack the 9% increase over the next week or two. My goal, (probably ambitious), is to get to 10-12% increase this year while being more strike consistent.

Kaos

Last edited:
Two sessions later, I hit 9% gain (right at my high from last year). My goal of 10-12% increase seems doable given the progress to date (being only 3.5 weeks in). I also hit 145 Mph (up from 142) on the Speed Woosh and hit 135 again on the green (still looking for a breakout on green). I also managed to hit 121 on the red stick today. That is a nice improvement from last year. I typically could only hit 116-117 Mph on the red stick last year. My average green numbers are starting to creep back up to the 128-129 range. Blue is starting to break 120+ pretty consistently now. I also have noticed my 6-iron on the SC200 is starting to hit 94-95 Mph which is up from 89-91 Mph at the restart of the program this year. I am encouraged by the progress in spite of nursing bursitis in right shoulder and tendentious in the Teres Minor muscle as well. I am hoping that once I am totally healed up, that my numbers will benefit further. The cold weather is not helping either I am sure.

The left side is making progress as well as my green stick is starting to break 120 Mph fairly often, as well as the blue. I have to chuckle when I look back at the left side at this point of the program last year when I was struggling to break 100 Mph from the left side. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can hit the range and get some numbers on my driver.

If you are on the fence with this program, go for it! If you stick to it, you will benefit nicely.

Kaos

I am starting to get excited. Today I hit a new all-time high in gains from an average of all right handed swings of 11%. The best I could manage last year through Level 1 was 9%. I hit a new high today on the green stick of 137 Mph and 147 Mph on the Speed Woosh. I am finding that the modified program I am using seems to be allowing me to make gains faster with what feels like less effort on my part. I am hoping that the 137 Mph number is where my new plateau will lie which should allow me to average better than 130 Mph on the green while moving my blue and red numbers up nicely. I did break 130 Mph average on the last set with the green.

I also managed to break through my previous average high with the red stick as well (hitting 122). I may have to move my goal up...

Kaos

I did test my driver on the SS radar today. At the start of this years training, I could swing it without a ball 110 Mph. My test today showed a nice jump to a high of 118 Mph. I was a little tired from doing the protocol, but I was really pleased to see such a jump. I think I can push it to 120+ Mph, but for now I'll take it! The other four swings were in the 111-116 Mph range. Most importantly, I felt like I was making an actual driver swing trying to maintain posture and technique. I also hit a new high this year on 6-iron during warm-ups of 96 Mph on the SC200. I ordered the SC300 this weekend and should have it tomorrow. I am anxious to test the reported swing speed and carry distances between the SC200 and SC300.

I held the 11% average increase I achieved last session and hit a new high on the blue stick of 126 Mph. Interestingly, I also saw a nice jump in the step drills for a new high in gains of 10% (up from previous average of 7% gain on the step drill).

My new goal for average right swings is 13% which will require just over 2 Mph more to get there. I think I have that in me, but I know 2 more Mph will not be easy. New goal for driver on the SS radar without a ball is 122 Mph.

Hopefully, when I finally can get to the range I will not be spraying driver all over the range...lol

Kaos

These delivered today!!! Did my first intro protocol tonight... excited to see if I can gain some ‘old man distance ‘ !! And yes the lefty swings were interesting..

These delivered today!!! Did my first intro protocol tonight... excited to see if I can gain some ‘old man distance ‘ !! And yes the lefty swings were interesting..

Nice!

Welcome to THP!

Chuckles...yes, the left swings are a hoot, but you will be swinging much faster from the left after 2-3 weeks. Just be consistent with the program and be patient. At first, you may not see a lot of progress, and then all of a sudden you will start seeing results! Some get faster results than others, but don't hold back and be sure to relax your body and especially your wrists. This program is great for working on and improving the release. Oh, and be sure to stretch really good and warm up completely and you may surprise yourself! Good luck!

Kaos

Last edited:
After taking a step backwards in my last session, today I hit new highs again. Last session I fell back to the previous 9% increase down from 11% gain recently. Taking a step backwards is to be expected, but I hate it! Today I had a nice session and hit a new high of the average right full swing gains of almost 12%. Step drill new highs also hit 12% gain. I also hit a new high on the blue stick of 131 Mph and new high combined blue full swings of 126 Mph. I also hit a new high on the Speed Woosh of 148 Mph (up from 147 Mph). I have kind of stagnated from the left side going up and down from session to session, but still substantially better than where I started last year. I am getting to the point I really look forward to doing the next session. I also managed a new high on 6-iron with the SC200 of 97 Mph. Now if the weather would ever warm up, I can hit the range.

The gains should be starting to become fixed as I have now completed four weeks this year. They should be totally ingrained in two more weeks and fortunately I have 4 more weeks before my Myrtle Beach golf trip!

Kaos

Back