I'm giving SuperSpeed Golf trainer a try!

Well, they arrived safely. Obviously I had to run through the first workout today. Love how quick it goes. But, it's a lot more physically demanding than I thought it would be. Left hand swing is a lot less awkward than expected. Not pretty mind you, just not as jerky as I thought it would be.

I didn't understand just what it meant to work these smaller muscles until I actually did it. After a short routine, I could feel it in my abs. In my shoulders. I may have to use twonglives though. My right hand wanted to keep slipping off through the impact zone.

I can tell it will take a good sequ6to maximize speed with these. Hips, shoulders, arms, then hands is the way to do it. And, within a few swings, you can tell.

No results to report. No radar to measure myself. Just my body. And, my body says that these did something.

My goal is to get back on the program shortly, I have to say you need to be healthy to make it work. I wore out the 1st set of grips and now just need to get the body back into it. It works that is for sure.

I am in on this. Main problem is i have to do this in a cold garage.

I am in on this. Main problem is i have to do this in a cold garage.

I hear ya as I am in Ohio too. Last Jan I started this and it was a pain to have to back out my car each time. Then when my boys started baseball in the spring I lost my free time to do it.

I followed the program from around Jan 2019 until around the beginning of May 2019. With a few sessions mixed in after. Also prior to each round if I had time I did the SuperSpeed "pre round warmup" routine.

Honestly I didn't think it had much of an impact on my distances on the course, but I just crunched some numbers using my GameGolf tracking app. With the same clubs, prior to using SuperSpeed (from 4/1/2016 until 1/1/2019) compared to 1/1/19 until 11/8/19 (last round played) here are my "typical distances" as per GameGolf:

Club------Before SuperSpeed ----- After SuperSpeed
Driver ------ 218 avg-----------------------222 avg
3h-----------188----------------------------199
4h-----------180----------------------------187
5h-----------164----------------------------172
6i------------155----------------------------159
7i------------146----------------------------148
8i------------132----------------------------141
9i------------126----------------------------132

So for me it appears I gained about a 1/2 to full club. This honestly surprised me.
I know my swing speed has regressed lately though as my gym workouts are down too. So I need to pick this back up so that I don't lose too much on the course.

Just ordered mine. The price at RBG with the code 2020 was too good to pass up

Surprisingly, the little muscles in my shoulders and my obliques are still a little tender from doing this a couple days ago. I am not in the best shape of my life or anything, but I am not in terrible shape. I have another round of this for tonight.

It's interesting. I guess I wasn't quite sure what to expect when starting this. I didn't really understand the concept, just saw everyone's results. But, I really like how it trains your body to "feel" faster. Training your body to sequence itself.

Snuck home at lunch for session #2. I used two gloves today as I'm having a hell of a time keeping my right hand on the stick when I swing. Even with gloves, I was finding it difficult.

But, by the last 3 swings, felt like that light stick was really moving.

Watched the same ones. I'd be happy with gaining 5 or 6 mph. I've been able to add 2-3 mph just be stretching and workign out twitch muscles for the last 3 weeks. Adding the speed training I am hoping will add that extra by end of February.
Curious to know what workouts in particular have been working for you?

Trying to find some info on this but coming up with nothing. Has anyone else ever noticed any issues maintaining a solid grip when doing these swings? Particularly in the lighter two clubs? I am wondering if I just need to change to a tackier grip or something.

Curious to know what workouts in particular have been working for you?

For workouts and training, I've picking and choosing over the MyTPI channel workouts. Ones I seem to gravitate more to to help driver swing are:

For stretching and a couple of workout routines, I found this guy who doesn't have a lot of videos, but they seem to be things I can do at home and with basic workout equipment.

Trying to find some info on this but coming up with nothing. Has anyone else ever noticed any issues maintaining a solid grip when doing these swings? Particularly in the lighter two clubs? I am wondering if I just need to change to a tackier grip or something.

One of my buddies had the same feeling coming from his normal grips the the Superspeed ones. I think he ended up regripping them with his normal grips.

One of my buddies had the same feeling coming from his normal grips the the Superspeed ones. I think he ended up regripping them with his normal grips.

Thanks! I think I will throw something a little more familiar to me on them to see if it is a little better. I have never been a big fan of the tour velvet type grip anyhow.

Never an issue with holding on.

Though With the stock grips I tore up my hands big time and ripped open 20 year old calluses I had from playing golf. Super painful. I finally had to start wearing winter gloves to protect my hands.
I then swapped the grips over to my gamer grips GP CP2 Pros and could go gloveless.

I have been thinking about these for the past couple of days. Does it really pay to increase your swing speed using these if you don't consistently hit the ball in the center of the club face? I am definitely in that camp so would not necessarily want my toe and heel strikes to go any further off line than they already do. I can see it as a big benefit for a great ball striker but not sure that it would really pay off in a stroke saving sense for us common ball strikers. Maybe my reasoning is flawed but just wanted to throw it out there to solicit some opinions from those with experience using these.

I have been thinking about these for the past couple of days. Does it really pay to increase your swing speed using these if you don't consistently hit the ball in the center of the club face? I am definitely in that camp so would not necessarily want my toe and heel strikes to go any further off line than they already do. I can see it as a big benefit for a great ball striker but not sure that it would really pay off in a stroke saving sense for us common ball strikers. Maybe my reasoning is flawed but just wanted to throw it out there to solicit some opinions from those with experience using these.
I think there's a big benefit to improving swing dynamics, sequence, and timing. That's what I'm after anyways. If your sequence is better, you're that much closer to more consistent ball striking. Just my thoughts anyways.

I think there's a big benefit to improving swing dynamics, sequence, and timing. That's what I'm after anyways. If your sequence is better, you're that much closer to more consistent ball striking. Just my thoughts anyways.

I watched some of the video drills, at least the first round or series of them, and they basically said to not worry about form. Just to swing as fast as you can. Does the program get more into swing mechanics later down the line?

Just ordered mine. The price at RBG with the code 2020 was too good to pass up

I was thinking about getting these recently. Seeing this just made it a lot easier to finally order. Thanks for putting this on here

I watched some of the video drills, at least the first round or series of them, and they basically said to not worry about form. Just to swing as fast as you can. Does the program get more into swing mechanics later down the line?
For me, the only way I'm able to swing as fast as I can is with proper sequencing. Am I worried about cruising the line or laying off at the top? Not really. Just trying to sequence my body to create max speed. Training myself to sequence that way. Whether I'm swinging as hard as I can or not, or hitting an easy iron, I wasn't that sequence to be repeatable and second nature.

The point of not worrying about form is to adjust your muscles to be able to fire quickly. The intent is to over speed them so when you move back to a controlled swing focused on accuracy, while you won't retain all of the "swing out of your shoes" speed, you will retain a portion. For example, if you watch some of the results videos, there are guys swinging the heavy stick 140-150 mph. That may only translate into 115-120 mph from the "real swing" once you focus on strike and good form. The intent is to make speed a secondary characteristic vs trying to swing "harder" to get more speed. Accuracy should not be sacrificed. I see as much as a 10-15 yard difference for me when I am striking it pure with a driver vs when I am offcenter on average even with the same swing speed.

Ordered mine through Rockbottom Golf using the 20% off code. ;)

Not really...they do pretty much stress just swing as fast as you can.

I'm sort of torn on this. Last year when I did the workouts from Jan-April I was swinging out of my shoes and often nearly falling over. Probably borderline on hurting myself. It never impacted my swing on the course thankfully. But the swings with the sticks had to look ugly. I think it also led to a very armsy vs body/coil type swing.

Last week I watched the Superspeed's Weeks 1-6 video as a refresher and the lady there looks to be swinging well in control and what appears to be her normal swing. The guy did urge her to swing faster each time but they all looked very controlled.
I also saw Mark Crossfield's speed training video and he also just appeared to be swinging pretty normally.

I decided to start the program back up this week and now I am focusing more on swinging hard but within myself. For example to generate more speed I am trying to take a deeper turn vs just trying to swing 110%. I figure if anything more reps with the sticks has to be better than nothing.

Oh and last year when I did it, I was logging every swing with my radar which was super tedious..... Not this time around. I don't even bring my radar when I do the workout. I got baseline readings before starting up again with my Driver (91mph) and 6i (74 mph) last week and every so often while hitting balls at the range (probably every 2 to 4 weeks) I will capture some new readings. It's all about whether you swing your clubs faster and not the sticks. So I am curious how this will pan out. Also I would like to keep up the workouts throughout the season instead of quitting at the beginning of the season.

Now I have no evidence or scientific data but I started the speed training on last Sunday. Today I had my lowest score to date. My iron play was great today. Could be coincidence, could be a result of speed training. Time will tell. What I can say is my swing was great today.

I have dabbled this year but plan to get back into it with gusto next week.

In my experience, I had the best success doing this at the driving range, this is impossible in certain parts of the country during this time of year, and may or may not be the recipe for success for each individual.

But I would warm up (stretching then some wedges, irons, finally a couple drivers) then I would do the protocol then go back to hitting a few shots. This got me the most "real world" gains on the course.

Again, maybe it would still work if I was doing it at home, but I felt like this kept me making a swing I would actually make while playing. I am hoping to do that again gong forward, but the weather and my schedule will have serious impact there.

Lets get it on and see how many of us can gain serious speed in 2020! New decade new distance baby!

My Superspeed set is just sitting in my bag right now. I really need to get back into it!

Swinging from both sides is getting better. Not sure if my speed is changing but it’s only been 3 work outs so far.

I've found the opposite side swings the most disconcerting. Like, I am absolutely bad at left hand swings to the point that I feel like a drunk giraffe on rollerskates. Anyone else feel this way early in the process?

Back