I'm giving SuperSpeed Golf trainer a try!

I've found the opposite side swings the most disconcerting. Like, I am absolutely bad at left hand swings to the point that I feel like a drunk giraffe on rollerskates. Anyone else feel this way early in the process?
I certainly don’t feel like I can hit a target but at least I don’t feel like the club is going to launch 100 yards from me now. If I watch the club path it’s all over the place. It’s just better then it was. I’ve been using the Orange Whip to warm up and that seems to be the best movement.

I certainly don’t feel like I can hit a target but at least I don’t feel like the club is going to launch 100 yards from me now. If I watch the club path it’s all over the place. It’s just better then it was. I’ve been using the Orange Whip to warm up and that seems to be the best movement.

Thats a good suggestion. I might need to do a bit more warm up from a left hands wing perspective first before trying to jump into the SS training.

Thats a good suggestion. I might need to do a bit more warm up from a left hands wing perspective first before trying to jump into the SS training.
The whip really kinda makes path and all seem natural since it loads so much. I think it just leads the motion in a sense. First time I didn’t warm up on that off side swing. I will from now on.

I've found the opposite side swings the most disconcerting. Like, I am absolutely bad at left hand swings to the point that I feel like a drunk giraffe on rollerskates. Anyone else feel this way early in the process?

Yes. They were so out of whack it is crazy. But the improvement there is massive and I think helps out in a lot of ways, training both sides helps to prevent injuries and for me personally helps with sequencing with swings from the right side.

Had my first session yesterday. Left side is definitely a challenge even though I bat left handed for baseball and softball and play racquet sports left handed. Go figure.

Yes. But if you stick with it you will start to get more comfortable with it. If you are using the radar you will see an increase in speed from the opposite side probably in greater amounts than your dominant side because the opposite side has had no development from prior swings like the dominant side. Fun to watch the improvement and increased speed because you can quickly see the system works

No issues gripping other than having to wear a glove to feel comfortable and not feel like I am going to lose control.

Since I am starting to do some basic strength training to hopefully help with some knee and back issues I have, I am starting the program again. I never got more than a few weeks into last year, but since I am in the garage already working out, it can't hurt to get the program going.

I'm in week three and have seen some really decent jumps in regards to the use of the SuperSpeed sticks. The lightest (green) has gone from 110 max to 125. Driver has gone from 100 to 113 max all measured on the blue radar. These speeds are without hitting a ball. My driver swing speed was in the low 90's before I started when actually hitting a ball. I'd be thrilled to get to 100 without losing consistency. High 90's even!
My issue right now is I'm feeling a case of tendonitis coming on in one of my elbows. I've had it before and it cleared up after quite a long time. I used a brace for a good chunk of the golf season a couple of years ago. I started using the brace again and have continued the workouts. I REALLY want to keep going, but I'm probably not making the best decision. UGH!!!

Yeah I am about to start the training up myself. Look forward to seeing what it does for you

I'm really enjoying these workouts. They are fun, and I'm seeing some immediate results on the LM. My biggest concern was that it'd mess up my swing, but my last lesson was probably my best ball striking in awhile. And I hit 80 MPH a couple times with my 8i, which completely surprised me. That's about 5 MPH faster than normal, and I did not feel like I was trying to swing any harder. It was just coming natural. Very excited about what this training can do for my game.

Hi friends,

i am Alex, 35y old. I live and golf in Germany. My hcp. is 4.0 atm and i never had a training lession by a coach.
Sorry for my english!

I do train with the Super Speed System for roughly 2 months now and I would like to protocoll the results here.
I am also hoping to get good advices and tips by others and maybe i can provide a few tips, too.
I dont have a swing speed radar, but i will use trackman every few weeks to keep track of the results.
My first trackman session was the start of training. The results after 5 weeks of training were pretty motivating.
I do the protocolls every two days and I was able to not have to skip one training until now.

My plan is to use the winter as a speed training camp and i am completely devoted to the progress.

Here are some data from the first two sessions.
I really love the fact, that not only my club speed, but also the ball speed got equaly better.

Trackman 02.10.2020.PNG

Trackman 05.11.2020.PNG

(the only difference between the two sessions was, that i adjusted the driver loft from 9.5 to 10.5 degrees)

How important is it to also have a launch monitor to track daily progress?

Commenting as I just saw this thread (no idea how I've only just seen it) but also want to know this as I have been considering getting myself some of these but want to know what else I need to make the most of them

The first round with it I was so anal. I was recording every swing and it was adding a bunch of time to the workout With having 3 kids it wasn’t worth the time away. But I was so enamored by the process and paid for the little blue radar unit I wanted to use it.

the next year I started it back up I only measured swings once a week. What I would do it just record my driver swing before and after the session and then fastest swing with each stick.

one of the pros for measuring is you might unlock something in your swing that really increases your speed.

the con for me is I began chasing the speed and my swing got so far away from my normal on course swing that it wrecked my game so I quit the program and went to just swinging the orange whip a few times per week.

the people from Superspeed say to go all out with the sticks but they fail to mention to keep proper technique too.
I forgot the latter.

The one thing I really liked though is in Ohio we can have a long off season layoff. Going out into the garage albeit cold to do the program at least kept the swing oiled so there is little to no rust in the spring

I think the feedback is pretty important. You can definitely get a benefit from the sticks without the radar, but knowing the numbers and seeing the progress is incredibly motivating. Each time, I tried to get faster on that last swing.

For those on the fence, I was pretty blown away by the results. My top end speed increased 7 mph.

I think the feedback is pretty important. You can definitely get a benefit from the sticks without the radar, but knowing the numbers and seeing the progress is incredibly motivating. Each time, I tried to get faster on that last swing.

For those on the fence, I was pretty blown away by the results. My top end speed increased 7 mph.
Did you sustain it ?

My local head pro just let me borrow a aet of these.

Where is the best place to snag a radar?

thank you!

My local head pro just let me borrow a aet of these.

Where is the best place to snag a radar?

thank you!

The little blue one I found the best price on Amazon. The price is pretty much standard. Think they run around $115 no matter where you shop. Even eBay was no cheaper unless you go used.

The little blue one I found the best price on Amazon. The price is pretty much standard. Think they run around $115 no matter where you shop. Even eBay was no cheaper unless you go used.
Ok, thank you!

Agree with this. Knowing the numbers and seeing the results is both helpful and motivating. You dont have to do it on every swing in the workout. Not only does it help you set goals and motivate you i think it also gives useful feedback on what you are doing and what helps increase speed and what doesnt. Really think this is avery helpful thing to use.

Ok, thank you!
This is the one I’m talking about it
Superspeed used to sell it with their sticks as a package but a few months ago switch to
Endorsing a more expensive unit.

Superspeed used to sell it with their sticks as a package but a few months ago switch to

That one worked well too.

Did you sustain it ?

I did. I had to slow down the swing at one point, though, because my strikes were all over the place. When I got that sorted out, I was able to get back to same speed. I am doing the program twice a week this offseason again, because I am somewhat concerned that I’ll lose it taking several months off from golf.

i dropped the ball on this earlier in the year when it was obvious I would not get any golf in for the year.

Revisiting.

Need some folks to keep me honest and accountable!

Thats what i have. Got it with the superspeed set. It works well and is perfect for a superspeed workout.

Back