I'm looking for a deep face 3 wood.

Knot Right

Reaction score
I've been searching online, but I don't see much out there in regards to a slightly deeper face 3 wood.

My misses are more towards a couple grooves high and low instead of heel and toe.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

X2 Hot has a deep one. Was M1? There's a guy I've played with here who has an early M. 1 or 2, that seems oddly deep.

Edit: I think it's an M2. If you search a combination of Taylormade M2 Deep on eBay it comes up.

Last edited:
Old Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 has a deep face. Still in my bag and love it.

I have a Sonartec GS Tour that's deep-ish but has a nice low COG. They made a lot of fairway styles. That's going back a bit.
Heck, even my Ping G2 is deepish. Fairly tall face on my Fast12 Adams which was that RBZ era. Adams had lots of stuff/heads for a while. Did they have a deep one too?

That's all I got. Old stuff. Not sure how deep the Titleist "D"versions are or if that's mainly forward COG on those.
Cally Deep Hot X Flash Mega Phil Proto something. They had some deep ones too.

The Cobra Big Tour Fairway might be what you're looking for and they just had a price reduction

The Cobra Big Tour Fairway might be what you're looking for and they just had a price reduction
This guy right here. The old super deep fairways are pretty much dead. The SZ Big Tour is probably the only thing that reminds me of the deep fairways that you need to hit down on in order to hit off the turf. That said, it seems like fairways in general are moving towards a more shallow profile.

If you want to go older, Callaway had a few years of releasing deep fairways. Titleist 3 series/d series are also deeper but not super deep. Mini Drivers also meet the deep category, but may not be super playable off the turf.

Old Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 has a deep face. Still in my bag and love it.
I’m still bagging this and wouldn’t consider it to be comparable to the XR deep I had a couple years back.

Back