I'm officially a Rickie Fowler hater....

I don't really like Rickie, but it isn't because he doesn't win much or because of his style. I actually LOVE his style. I just don't like him for some reason. But I do think he will win eventually. He's got the talent, so I'm sure it will come around sooner or later.

NOT because of his style....He just cannot win, I actually see a young 21/22-year-old Bud Cauley winning this year before he does! He just seems like he's too worried about looks and style than anything else, and obviously, I know that is not true, I know how hard it is to play at the pro level and stay there, but when are they going to stop giving him all the praise and hype of a major champion winner, when he doesn't win anything!!!

I've skimmed every single post, so excuse me if this has already been posted somewhere, but what? You hate him because he hasn't won on the PGA tour yet? So...there's like 100 other guys you hate too? I'm confused. He won overseas and he's had a ton of top 10 appearances. Dude is 23 years old.

I don't really like Rickie, but it isn't because he doesn't win much or because of his style. I actually LOVE his style. I just don't like him for some reason. But I do think he will win eventually. He's got the talent, so I'm sure it will come around sooner or later.

It's cause he's a righty. Problem solved hehe

I've skimmed every single post, so excuse me if this has already been posted somewhere, but what? You hate him because he hasn't won on the PGA tour yet? So...there's like 100 other guys you hate too? I'm confused. He won overseas and he's had a ton of top 10 appearances. Dude is 23 years old.

NO ONE ELSE in the tour that hasn't won gets the hype and the attention that this kid gets...PERIOD...

Why is he always advertised together with Tiger or Mcdowell or Rory or Webb or Keegan?!?!?! Those guys have something in common, they've won...Multiple times in the US...not him, but he's still there almost every commercial...Why? Cuz he's Cool? Give me a freakin' break bro...

Tiger is 36, Rory is 22, Keegan is 24, Webb is 26...Rickie is 23...Don't give me crap about his age either..

I just don't get why you'd get so upset that he's popular. Does it personally offend you? Haha.

NO ONE ELSE in the tour that hasn't won gets the hype and the attention that this kid gets...PERIOD...

But he's still young. That happens in nearly every sport, someone young and talented gets exposure- look at Bryce Harper in baseball.
Look at Lebron, still no rings yet sells out the places where ever he goes, there must be a problem with him then.

Why is he always advertised together with Tiger or Mcdowell or Rory or Webb or Keegan?!?!?! Those guys have something in common, they've won...Multiple times in the US...not him, but he's still there almost every commercial...Why? Cuz he's Cool? Give me a freakin' break bro...

Actually you hit the nail on the head here. He's in all the advertisements and commercials because he is cool and iconic. He is popular and has a lot of skill. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

I just don't get why you'd get so upset that he's popular. Does it personally offend you? Haha.

It upsets me that people are on his &^%$ because he's COOL....

Damaikis, if you think there's nothing wrong with that then that's cool, I am not mad at you.

Tiger is 36, Rory is 22, Keegan is 24, Webb is 26...Rickie is 23...Don't give me crap about his age either..

It's because he is marketable. Some folks have it and some don't. The ones that have that type of charisma are gold for their sponsors.

Last edited:
It upsets me that people are on his &^%$ because he's COOL....

What's wrong with that? He's a cool, charismatic guy. Has fans because of that. I guess guys who haven't won aren't allowed to have fans then? Nothing wrong with having fans despite not winning. Lots of guys on Tour without wins.

I'm actually not really upset! I love starting discussions, and I am completely open and aware of the fact that he's popular because he's marketable, but c'mon, why don't Keegan Bradley or Webb Simpson get nearly as much attention as Rickie does?

I'm actually not really upset! I love starting discussions, and I am completely open and aware of the fact that he's popular because he's marketable, but c'mon, why don't Keegan Bradley or Webb Simpson get nearly as much attention as Rickie does?

Because they don't have his flowing locks and Tweens don't gush when they see them.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Hate is such a strong word.

Kevin

It's all marketing. Marketing is a popularity contest and Fowler is top 3 on tour in that popularity. The main thing for the sport of golf is not that he is just popular with golfers, but a lot of kids and non golfers mention him, which is nothing but good for the game of golf.

He is popular because he is marketable, he is marketable because he has charisma and that "it" factor.

Give the kid a break. He is stylist..but don't think he can't play. Some pros need some success before they get into the groove. I walked with Bud Cauley at the Humana Challenge. He is a great golfer who is learning the ropes. He will make a mark this season and so will Rickie Fowler.

This thread rules, I hate party guitar guy. Why does he think I want to listen to him playing his guitar instead of professional musicians on a cd? I bet Rickie Fowler brings his own guitar to parties.

This thread rules, I hate party guitar guy. Why does he think I want to listen to him playing his guitar instead of professional musicians on a cd? I bet Rickie Fowler brings his own guitar to parties.

This = winning.

I bet he brings orange and lime green puma hats for everyone too...

cool story bro

Okay I'm confused by this post. I think Rickie will definitely win this year. He has style and talent!

Yeah but Rickie's probably a professional musician too. Haven't you heard about how cool he is? He's even cool enough to play AMP. If that doesn't make him amazing witha guitar, I don't know what does.

Back