I'm officially a Rickie Fowler hater....

I hate getting prostate exams :bulgy-eyes:. hmmmm I forgot I don't have to get that done anymore :blob:

It's all marketing. Marketing is a popularity contest and Fowler is top 3 on tour in that popularity. The main thing for the sport of golf is not that he is just popular with golfers, but a lot of kids and non golfers mention him, which is nothing but good for the game of golf.

He is popular because he is marketable, he is marketable because he has charisma and that "it" factor.

I agree!!

I'm actually not really upset! I love starting discussions, and I am completely open and aware of the fact that he's popular because he's marketable, but c'mon, why don't Keegan Bradley or Webb Simpson get nearly as much attention as Rickie does?

Because Keegan Bradley or Webb Simpson don't have style, swag, flava...whatever you want to call it. Watching most golfers on TV is like watching paint dry. They have the charisma of a rock.

RF has the "IT" factor that only a few guys have....Ryo, Rory, Phil, Tiger....like them or hate them....they move the needle.

NOT because of his style....He just cannot win, I actually see a young 21/22-year-old Bud Cauley winning this year before he does! He just seems like he's too worried about looks and style than anything else, and obviously, I know that is not true, I know how hard it is to play at the pro level and stay there, but when are they going to stop giving him all the praise and hype of a major champion winner, when he doesn't win anything!!!

I'm sure sales have skyrocketed actually from Puma signing him. Like I said, I don't hate on his style, it doesn't bother me....I won't sit here and tell you I haven't worn white pants or a white belt, because I have. However, most faces of a brand have something to be proud of, like a major championship, or multiple victories under their belt.

He does bring young people to the sport and that's a really awesome thing. I've actually started threads on another forum on how I believe golf needs to be introduced to children in Puerto Rico (born and raised there). Guys like Rickie that have style could really create a positive impact in young people's lives, and I guess if that's all he does in his career, then he's not that bad in my book.

For a guy hatin on Ricky, you do seem to have a little bromance on him.

As the thread starter I'd like to place a paypal bet. (Is this not allowed? IF it isn't I will delete this immediately) I will paypal someone $20 if he places in the top 10. If he doesn't, you paypal me $20. First PM is on.

$20!! wow. You do have strong feelings against this guy.

Hate is such a strong word.

Kevin

Agreed.

Did he steal your girlfriend or something? You sound really bitter.

I think the tour asked Webb and Keegan to be in their commercials but they took too long to decide what shot to hit even though it was commercial...

I never said HATE, I said I'm a hater, which, to me, is completely different....

$20!! wow. You do have strong feelings against this guy.

Agreed.

Did he steal your girlfriend or something? You sound really bitter.

Nah, he didn't steal anything...I already have a $20 challenge taker, I guess I'm just that confident that he's all hype and he's, AGAIN, not going to make it.

We'll see when I have a $20 PayPal addition.

Nah, he didn't steal anything...I already have a $20 challenge taker, I guess I'm just that confident that he's all hype and he's, AGAIN, not going to make it.

You do realize that he was T2 here just two years ago and T13 here last year right? Pretty good here in the past. That's no guarantee, but it's something.

That's pretty unfair. They way he played at The Open last year proved he has substance as well as style.

I don't care for it, but I also recognize style when I see it, and the kid has it. The kid is entirely self-taught and did nothing but mash balls on the range for years. He's nothing but a product of hard work and perseverance - he never had a silver spoon in his mouth and worked his butt off to get that scholie at OSU. Yeah, if I had a kid, I wouldn't mind if he followed Fowler.

I never said HATE, I said I'm a hater, which, to me, is completely different....

Can I ask how that's different? If you are a hater, you hate on someone/something and to hate on someone/something you must hate them/it in some way. Which is a form of hate.

I don't get it.

Can I ask how that's different? If you are a hater, you hate on someone/something and to hate on someone/something you must hate them/it in some way. Which is a form of hate.

I don't get it.

LOL...my thoughts exactly. But I did not say it because arguing over the internet gets old...quick.

LOL...my thoughts exactly. But I did not say it because arguing over the internet gets old...quick.

haha I agree, but I'm between classes and needed something to do for 20-40 min :p.

Yep why argue huh? Let's just get down and dirty and have a good old fashion mud wrestling contest :deadhorse:

I don't hate Ricky but his commercial is starting to make me hate drinking orange juice

I hate you, but I don't hate​ you.

I love Rickie! I love AMP. I love orange. Let's all love each other. Except for Texans.

I hate Oklahoma State, therefore I hate Ricky Fowler.

Guilt by association.

I hate Capri pants on Men. I bet Ricky has Orange Capri's.

Back