I'm officially a Rickie Fowler hater....

fore!

Reaction score
Handicap
NOT because of his style....He just cannot win, I actually see a young 21/22-year-old Bud Cauley winning this year before he does! He just seems like he's too worried about looks and style than anything else, and obviously, I know that is not true, I know how hard it is to play at the pro level and stay there, but when are they going to stop giving him all the praise and hype of a major champion winner, when he doesn't win anything!!!

I believe he did win a tournament in 2011, and has been near the top of the leaderboard many times, including the 2011 British Open.

I think he will win this year and he is actually on my fantasy team for the Phoenix golf tournament coming this weekend. The flashy part sells as you can see from the hype coming from the new Amp line of clubs. Puma certainly was happy to sign him and I am sure sales have not plummeted down because he has yet to win. Once he breaks the no wins column look out! I like the young man and IMO he is good for golf.

cool story bro

Didn't he win a tournament overseas last year?

Awesome. So when/if he does win on the PGA tour will you reverse your stance? What if he wins one major? Sure he hasn't won on the PGA tour yet, but he is still really young. Give him some time as a pro. But his style and his hype are good for the game. If he is bringing in young fans, then he is doing a good thing in the long run.

I'm sure sales have skyrocketed actually from Puma signing him. Like I said, I don't hate on his style, it doesn't bother me....I won't sit here and tell you I haven't worn white pants or a white belt, because I have. However, most faces of a brand have something to be proud of, like a major championship, or multiple victories under their belt.

Yep, just double-checked...he won the Korea Open last year. May not be on the PGA Tour, but the kid can win, and I think after winning that he will be able to hold the pressure a little better when he is near the top this year.

But if not Rickie, then who is Puma/Cobra going to use to sell clubs in the US? It isn't Rickie's fault he's marketable.

He does bring young people to the sport and that's a really awesome thing. I've actually started threads on another forum on how I believe golf needs to be introduced to children in Puerto Rico (born and raised there). Guys like Rickie that have style could really create a positive impact in young people's lives, and I guess if that's all he does in his career, then he's not that bad in my book.

I'm sure sales have skyrocketed actually from Puma signing him. Like I said, I don't hate on his style, it doesn't bother me....I won't sit here and tell you I haven't worn white pants or a white belt, because I have. However, most faces of a brand have something to be proud of, like a major championship, or multiple victories under their belt.

I think deep inside you want him to win like most of us do. He is good for the game and the excitement he brings is definitely needed. If I was a betting man (which I am not good at) it would be for this young man to be in the winners circle in 2012.

Yep, just double-checked...he won the Korea Open last year. May not be on the PGA Tour, but the kid can win, and I think after winning that he will be able to hold the pressure a little better when he is near the top this year.

Rickie did beat Rory in that tournament.

Rickie did beat Rory in that tournament.

You also have to look at his Ryder Cup play. He was one determined dude to battle back and show he had game.

I can't remember that far back :bulgy-eyes:

Did you forget to rake your supplements OG? You have to stay on track so you don't get lost going to Cypress Gardens

Still a hater! Haha! I do love reading your opinions on him, thanks!

You also have to look at his Ryder Cup play. He was one determined dude to battle back and show he had game.

He nutted up big time at the Ryder.

I am not a Fowler fan persay. I do like that he isn't affraid to show some personality. It's good for a game like golf, that can be so buttoned up, to have a few characters.

I completely support this thread! LOL

Nah, I'm not a hater, but I don't like Cobra, so therefore I don't like their poster boy.

Did you forget to rake your supplements OG? You have to stay on track so you don't get lost going to Cypress Gardens

haha yea I think I did :D

I completely support this thread! LOL
Nah, I'm not a hater, but I don't like Cobra, so therefore I don't like their poster boy.

Hell I'm going to wear a big wide brim Puma hat just for you dude! Wait you are not coming to the outing :banghead:. That officially sucks.

I hope he wins big this year. :). When Rickie wins, Puma sales definitely go up. When he doesn't sales are only "eh" on the Puma gear.

He needs to get one PGA tour win under his belt. This will help him immensley and take the pressure off.

Even though there is a pretty big generation gap between Rickie and me, I kind of like the kid. There is no doubt he moves the needle and is bringing younger kids into golf with his style and fashion statement, and that is a good thing. Win or not win, he is helping the game in my book. I would like to see him win more, but it is what it is. I think he will get some wins in time.

The Tour and Cobra LOVE Rickie Fowler. Sure he doesn't move the needle like other top players yet but if he can get a couple W's under his orange belt he'll be a huge draw. I don't mind the kid, he's fun to watch.

He still has zero PGA Tour wins.

The kid obviously has talent and the ability to win, but I wonder how many more guys are going to get their first win before he gets his first win.

He still has zero PGA Tour wins.

The kid obviously has talent and the ability to win, but I wonder how many more guys are going to get their first win before he gets his first win.

Well the odds of that are certainly against him. The game has changed and the gap of how good these guys are have closed alittle in my opinion. I see rickie getting a win but why hate on a kid who has yet to breakthrough at a young age?

He puts himself out there what's wrong with that?

Back