I'm officially a Rickie Fowler hater....

Good point...the Drone is already finding a new home next week.

Thoughts on these? I wanna be like Rickie.

2373_blood_orange_l.jpg
If that's Rickie, I may have to watch him more....:D

I love Rickie! I love AMP. I love orange. Let's all love each other. Except for Texans.

Finally something I can agree with TC on!!

Absolutely. I like Rickie, I like Orange, I like PUMA and I like the AMP product line. I think itd be a neat novelty to have in my office one day.

I think it's worse that it went for that kind of money. Not that Thainer wanted it haha
That's what my "Seriously?" post was about. Why would someone spend that much money on that?

Oh Bill your date is here hehe

Yup and biggest surprise of my life in more ways than one :bulgy-eyes:. Ok so who/what are we hating today besides balding and losing hair :confused2:

Rickie is a publicists wet dream. He's got the Bieber haircut, an original style with the creamsicle look, ties into the hip hop vibe with the flat brimmed cap and isn't, by all accounts NOT a total A-Hole. Not really surprising that the PGA is pimping him as the new face of golf.

I mean seriously can you picture one of these guys as the new face of golf?
rookie_collage_610.ashx

Last edited:
Edit... WTF IS UP WITH MY CRAPATALK!!!

I only know who 2 of those people are.
Rickie is a publicists wet dream. He's got the Bieber haircut, an original style with the creamsicle look, ties into the hip hop vibe with the flat brimmed cap and isn't, by all accounts a total A-Hole. Not really surprising that the PGA is pimping him as the new face of golf.

I like Ricky. I like that golf has characters like Ricky in the game to help attract a new and youthful generation. I mean, with guys like Ricky in the game, a moto X racer with long hair and wild outfits, we are reaching out to a demographic that has never been touched before. Phil and Vijay and those types have and had all the skill in the world sure, but they don't have the sell ability that Ricky has and aren't the poster boys for reaching out to a new young fan base. Ricky moves the needle at tournaments before he ever puts a tee in the ground. He has one of the biggest, if not the biggest, followings on tour besides Tiger (mostly teenage girls, which I am sure Camillo and Adam Scott are happy the girls have someone else to follow). He signed my hat at the BMW Championship in Chicago in 2010, the day after he was announced for the Ryder Cup. He was very polite and I congratulated him on making the Ryder Cup team. There wasn't even a shred of arrogance with him. He deserved it.

I am in by no means a Ricky Fanboy, but I am a fan of what he is doing to help expand our game for a new generation. Besides, saddle shoes and pleated khakis were only getting us so far.

This post shows that he is almost a household name.

I like Ricky. I like that golf has characters like Ricky in the game to help attract a new and youthful generation. I mean, with guys like Ricky in the game, a moto X racer with long hair and wild outfits, we are reaching out to a demographic that has never been touched before. Phil and Vijay and those types have and had all the skill in the world sure, but they don't have the sell ability that Ricky has and aren't the poster boys for reaching out to a new young fan base. Ricky moves the needle at tournaments before he ever puts a tee in the ground. He has one of the biggest, if not the biggest, followings on tour besides Tiger (mostly teenage girls, which I am sure Camillo and Adam Scott are happy the girls have someone else to follow). He signed my hat at the BMW Championship in Chicago in 2010, the day after he was announced for the Ryder Cup. He was very polite and I congratulated him on making the Ryder Cup team. There wasn't even a shred of arrogance with him. He deserved it.

I am in by no means a Ricky Fanboy, but I am a fan of what he is doing to help expand our game for a new generation. Besides, saddle shoes and pleated khakis were only getting us so far.

He is having an effect on younger golfers. During High School practices as my club last fall all you saw was a sea of Puma s***s and flat brimmed caps

Yes, actually. Billy Hurley III- once people learn who he is and what he did before golf I think they'll really get behind him. I appreciate him much more for his service and dedication than I can appreciate some kid who is most notable for wearing flashy orange from head to toe and skipping a bunch of haircuts.

Yes, actually. Billy Hurley III- once people learn who he is and what he did before golf I think they'll really get behind him. I appreciate him much more for his service and dedication than I can appreciate some kid who is most notable for wearing flashy orange from head to toe and skipping a bunch of haircuts.

Not enough flash, not enough spunk. Great guy who will blend into the crowd with the best of them.

Not enough flash, not enough spunk. Great guy who will blend into the crowd with the best of them.

Not necessarily. Winning brings flash. The greatest 2 players that ever lived both lack charisma and personality. If Billy has that success (which many doubt), his background takes care of the rest. Two ways to stand out. Charisma and winning. Both work quite well. Truth is, most that say that about Billy have never seen him play or met him. Hard to make a statement about that stuff without knowledge on the subject in my opinion.

Yeah. Billy Hurley and Eric Compton were bad examples there. I want the PGA Tour and their equipment companies to celebrate their stories as much as they can. Whether guys like Hurley or Compton ever win, that is beside the point. They have life stories that should be told regardless of where they are in tournaments or FedEx standings. Compton's exposure could raise awareness for heart health and Hurley, well, he is a vet and served our country so we should be building up his achievements not only on the golf course but in life. Ricky will eventually have to earn his place in the game and he will do that by winning tournaments. But for now, I have no problem with the exposure he receives because as I said, he is bring in new young fans to a game that has had a hard time selling itself as a "hip" sport.

Not necessarily. Winning brings flash. The greatest 2 players that ever lived both lack charisma and personality. If Billy has that success (which many doubt), his background takes care of the rest. Two ways to stand out. Charisma and winning. Both work quite well. Truth is, most that say that about Billy have never seen him play or met him. Hard to make a statement about that stuff without knowledge on the subject in my opinion.

I have never met him but he doesn't win golf tournaments and he doesn't have the flash or spunk to get any decent coverage.

And in relation to the posted, I don't think he has nearly enough of those things to be labelled the next face of golf.

Stricker doesn't even move the needle that much IMO and he wins tournaments.

I have never met him but he doesn't win golf tournaments and he doesn't have the flash or spunk to get any decent coverage.

And in relation to the posted, I don't think he has nearly enough of those things to be labelled the next face of golf.

Stricker doesn't even move the needle that much IMO and he wins tournaments.
Ricky doesnt win tournaments either, he just wears orange and puts his hat on backwards.

Billy Hurley is a PGA Tour rookie. Hard to get a lot of coverage when you have only played a handful of times so far on tour.

Back