Impact Bag/Smash Bag

GolferDad66

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Been reading some about an Impact bag and how it may help, especially during the winter months when you can’t get outside. And it’s one of the more reasonably priced training aids. Anyone use one, and what were your thoughts about it?

My primary difficulty with my swing is not fully following thru. This devise teaches that...Not following thru.

If guys have issues with getting hurt hitting off mats, I’d have to think that a smash bag can’t be good for your hands and wrists.

from what I read, you are not supposed to swing full speed for that reason @Scott F - 1/2 speed. Supposed to teach you getting your hands in front, and club head position.

I have one & have never used it. So will be following along with this thread.

I received one as a gift many moons ago. I accepted it lovingly. Then, quietly let it become lost some where.

I knew what it's purpose was, hands a head at impact, using slower repeated swings, but it still offered up a good way to hurt my wrists, elbows, shoulders and back. That, and causing latent damage to club heads that would require spec re-adjustments.

Just not one of my favorite golf swing aids.

its fine for the intended purposes. I simply use a towel stuffed duffle. The commercial one offered by Tour Striker has a few other intended uses, plane minder e.t.c. A bit pricey, but quality. Not bad for hotel room use, but I usually have a pretty full schedule whilst traveling.

Back