gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello, I've recently got my swing 'numbers' and realized that at impact, my hips are up to 70* open and my shoulders were around 50* open. (For example, my right foot is completely off the ground at impact, except for my toe.) I know for a fact that the pros are much less than that, especially with the shoulders. My question is then, what are some drills or thoughts to make sure my hips and shoulders stay shut a little longer.

Am I allowed to open this up to other people?

Am I allowed to open this up to other people?

No but you can post in the Swing Tips section.

The GolfTec pros don't come in every day, and it's a holiday weekend, so give them a little more time.

Sounds too easy, I know, but how about trying to keep your right foot on the ground at impact? I wouldn't usually want people to do that, but with your excessive rotation, it could be a way to calm down the lower body spin out. The separation between your hips and shoulders is acceptable (shoulders closed to hips), so just by quieting down the lower body, the shoulders by definition will be more closed as well.

They actually make "golf sandbags" that you place over your feet to weigh them down to keep them grounded; not sure you have to go that far yet.

Hope that helps,

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara, CA

Back