Impact Screen advice needed

LoffKat

Reaction score
Handicap
we're finishing installing our simulator in our garage. We need to buy an impact screen and a few people had mentioned adding additional length at the bottom for a return.

I'd also like to get people's opinions on brands of impact screens. I'm looking at Carl's Place Preferred due to the atypical dimensions and would like to get additional input. Share away!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Carls looks good, never owned any myself, just know from researching to do something similar building my own sim at home. I've also been intrigued by 'Golf Impact Screens' from Supertex. Check amazon - different options available in stock sizes but I believe you may be able to contact if 120x96, 108x144, 108x96 or 96x96 doesn't work out. I really like what they have to say about them and their no grommets rule. But Carls seems really good and I'm sure you'd be happy going with them.

I have a Carl's standard 9'x9' in transit. My cage is built from 1" PVC and measures 8'10" wide and 8'4" tall outside dims. It is in my garage whose job #1 is to protect the cars. If I want to hit balls the cars have to come out and then I pull the cage away from the wall to a marked location on the floor a few feet away. I do not have any goals to use a projector.

Dave

We went with a supertex from amazon and it’s held up very well for the last 3 years.

Our cage is 9'x10'H. My next question is, i was thinking of getting the 9'x12' and using the excess on the bottom as a return for balls. My potential concern with that setup is that the lack of tension along the bottom might make the screen degrade quicker. it's that or get the 9'x9' and longer tension cords on the top any bottom. Your thoughts?

I’d search up Par2Pro. I got my garage setup through them and it’s been great. Had it over a year with no problems.

You mentioned getter a longer screen to use as a return. I’m the garage I would think it would get super dirty.

Here’s my setup. The 16x9 screen retracts the whole setup takes 10 min.

9c8028f9d054e75b2db6b5a5f35fec28.jpg
62f78a5c60b84dc25c905d4c08381cc4.jpg

Nice setup. I ilwill check them out as well. Let me clarify.. our entire 2 car garage is used for the simulator and keeping motorcycles stored and charged (those darn Shorai batteries)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back