Bernoulli

Team Hackers 4Life
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I saw this training aid mentioned in a couple of threads recently. I spent some time today looking it up online. From what I saw, it looks interesting. Does anyone use the impact snap? If so, do you have any feedback that you would like to share.

Used one with my instructor this summer. Really helped with creating lag and the correct wrist angles. Once I started to ingrain that then he had me using to learn correct release sequence. Need to pick one up for this winter's layoff.

Used one with my instructor this summer. Really helped with creating lag and the correct wrist angles. Once I started to ingrain that then he had me using to learn correct release sequence. Need to pick one up for this winter's layoff.

I would like it for indoor use also.

Maybe @millsan1 will offer them to us if we pay a membership fee to him? ?

I have one and used it a few times. It’s been sitting in my pile of training aids for a few years now. its a good training aide if release is your issue. For me, I didn’t think I did anything and then an instructor pointed out that it does not address any issue I have.

I have one and used it a few times. It’s been sitting in my pile of training aids for a few years now. its a good training aide if release is your issue. For me, I didn’t think I did anything and then an instructor pointed out that it does not address any issue I have.

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. I tend to think that I may have an issue with releasing the club.

I picked one up a few days ago. I notice that it is subtle on getting the snap to happen at exactly the right time. It takes some getting used to and understanding when exactly you want it to snap and of course have the ball touch your trailing forearm at that point. I can tell already, that it has helped but I'm fairly certain a lot of users may misunderstand how critical the timing is and getting it perfect.

The other feature that nobody talks about here is rotating it counterclockwise 90* and hook the ball/arm assembly into your leading forearm to train proper position for chipping. Very useful.

Great
I picked one up a few days ago. I notice that it is subtle on getting the snap to happen at exactly the right time. It takes some getting used to and understanding when exactly you want it to snap and of course have the ball touch your trailing forearm at that point. I can tell already, that it has helped but I'm fairly certain a lot of users may misunderstand how critical the timing is and getting it perfect.

The other feature that nobody talks about here is rotating it counterclockwise 90* and hook the ball/arm assembly into your leading forearm to train proper position for chipping. Very useful.
Thanks to all who posted. Been thinking about getting one and this convinced me. Looking forward to givingit a try. Also hear positive things aboutiton PGA radio.

I have one, and I'm going to use it this winter indoors to see if it will really help me with my iron play!

I got one a couple of years ago and used it a couple of times then sold it. Apparently release was not my issue either as it seemed to click at the right time everytime I swung it. Seemed pointless to me because of that.

I use mine for a few swings before a round if I can't go to the range, just to get the proper feel.
I will try that. I am hopeful that this will help me be more consistent with my release and i would think doing it right before a round (with the right amount of training with this) will help with that. I hope thats the case because it seems if used properly this could really help

Anyone still using this, thinking about it for indoor practice during my current home stay!

Anyone still using this, thinking about it for indoor practice during my current home stay!
I have one and I never really use(d) it. I think it could be useful, maybe, but the problem I have is the time it takes for the ball to load in it at the top. You don't get the 'snap' without pausing at the top long enough for it to roll to the butt end of it. I am a moderate/quick transition swinger (sometimes very quick), so definitely not a pauser, and trying to do that does way more harm than the device could ever do good. It's just beyond unnatural for me.

If that wouldn't be an issue for you I think it could be a benefit to someone working on release/lean/cast stuff at home. I really like the idea behind the audible cue, and where the yellow ball hits you (or doesn't). That part's useful even without the snap if you have a position that needs correcting.

Back