Improving focus in golf

For me it's definitely hydration and food. Getting plenty of water or sports drinks and some energy food in during the round at regular intervals is probably worth about 5 shots to me. Improves focus like nothing else.

My focus, on every shot, is just that shot. I do all I can to get any previous shots out of my head, and just concentrate on this one.

Thanks, got some good ideas here. I don't know if it can help me, age related loss of focus, I guess. When I can keep in the zone, I can play fairly well. But it never lasts more than 5-6 holes. I'm going to have to develop some of these techniques to help.

I want to echo everyone's sentiment about hydration. If I go too far without hydrating, I definitely feel the effects even though I have gotten better at my own personal warning signs. I typically hydrate and also use this as a signal to pound some peanuts, protein bar, etc. As longs as I can recognized the signs early enough, my concentration is ok. Once it goes off track, focusing on the task at hand can sometimes take 2-3 holes for me.

I want to echo everyone's sentiment about hydration. If I go too far without hydrating, I definitely feel the effects even though I have gotten better at my own personal warning signs. I typically hydrate and also use this as a signal to pound some peanuts, protein bar, etc. As longs as I can recognized the signs early enough, my concentration is ok. Once it goes off track, focusing on the task at hand can sometimes take 2-3 holes for me.
This is probably more important than many people realize, especially the older guys like me. Sometimes I simply don't stop to sip water or munch on anything and I know that affects me.

Back