Improving My Distances

I don't see anything wrong with those distances. What do you think they should be?
I'd like to be closer to 90-100 SW, 165-170 with my 7, 200 with the 5, 275+ driver consistently. Again mid 20s, decent fitness, and played since I was 3

Callaway Xtreme Fit 10.5 driver, stock shaft. Used the Kirkland "Pro V1s" this past weekend and they played actually really well. I was really surprised, but I'd say Pro V1s mostly. Could maybe use a little lesser than tour grade balls, but they are so good off the tee and around the green it's tough to use anything else when I barely lose them.

I'll check out the videos though. Thanks

Aldila Trinity shaft, right? Is yours Regular or Stiff?

Pro V1 is my fave.

Those 2 videos with Mike Malaska explain really well what the right arm does and how important it is on launch angle control and the 2nd video is really good on explaining the timing of the left hip clearing and your swing speed. Try it! I think you'll see how important these two concepts are.

What's your SW model?

Aldila Trinity shaft, right? Is yours Regular or Stiff?

Pro V1 is my fave.

Those 2 videos with Mike Malaska explain really well what the right arm does and how important it is on launch angle control and the 2nd video is really good on explaining the timing of the left hip clearing and your swing speed. Try it! I think you'll see how important these two concepts are.
That sounds right and it's a stiff shaft.

Yeah I'll definitely check them out once I get home from work.

That sounds right and it's a stiff shaft.

Yeah I'll definitely check them out once I get home from work.

Here's another good one for you...

With your driver distance (is it 260 carry, or overall?), I would expect you would be a club longer throughout your irons than you indicate. One simple thing to check is if you are hitting your irons with a descending blow as the solid strike and resulting backspin might result in greater carry. Another consideration might be the equipment (loft, flex, swing weight, etc...).

For me personally, I lost significant distance associated with back pain, being unable to clear my hips and move into my left side well through impact. I still have a bad back, but I've improved to the point where I can efficiently and powerfully turn my hips again, and my distance has returned.

If you are happy and confident with your swing and you don't want/need to invest in changing anything physically, then there are two variables you can try. 1) Get stronger lofted irons or have them bent/adjusted or extend your current shafts about 3/4 to an inch longer. Personally, I would opt to get a newer set with factory stronger lofts.

Your 7I loft is 35*. My 10yo TM Tour Burner 7I is 33*, most modern 7is are club longer I.e ~30* or below. That means the number in the club head dies not mean anything. So your 6I or even 5I has the same loft as 7I.

I suspect that you hit them fine, the lofts just are not as cranked up as others.

This. Most charts I ever see suggest You are in that top 10%.

That should be close to a scratch golfer. Distance improvement is gonna be incremental at that handicap.

As jlaakso has said, that number on the bottom of the club is just a number.

I can bend or buy stronger lofts and keep the same number or ... figure out how to really hit the ball closer to the sweet spot to get a few more yards...or figure out how to increase my swing speed and keep the sweet spot.

Back