In Honor of National Burrito Day - What is Your Favorite Burrito?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
This is a multi part question as follows:

Where did you eat this magical burrito (city, state, country?)

How big was it?

What kind of burrito was it (feel free to be detailed about ingredients and cooking method here?)

If you had to eat one kind of burrito for the rest of your life, what would it be?

mcdonalds breakfast burrito..

Not a huge burrito fan, but I do like the Costa Vita stuffed burrito. Grilled chicken, rice, black beans, cheese, with raspberry chipotle sauce on the inside, smothered with a milder green chili sauce and cheese on the outside.

Sushi Burrito, little local hole in the wall place here in Stillwater called Thai Loco.

Not a huge burrito fan, but I do like the Costa Vita stuffed burrito. Grilled chicken, rice, black beans, cheese, with raspberry chipotle sauce on the inside, smothered with a milder green chili sauce and cheese on the outside.
Raspberry chipotle sauce? This I have to try.

Sushi Burrito, little local hole in the wall place here in Stillwater called Thai Loco.
See. I have to just shoot you down here. I put my foot down on Thai or Chinese places serving Japanese cuisine because, you know, Americans think Asian is Asian. But now you're throwing Mexican into the mix. That's just wrong.

Beaver Taco, in Beaver, UT.

How big was it?
Not big enough - it was so good that I wished it was a 5-pounder!

What kind of burrito was it (feel free to be detailed about ingredients and cooking method here?)
Lengua (beef tongue) - the cook said it was his secret and wouldn't tell us exactly how it was cooked. I've eaten plenty of lengua and this was the best I've ever had anywhere. It had cilantro, onions and guacamole, and of course I smothered it in their hottest red chile.

If you had to eat one kind of burrito for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Either lengua or carne asada.

How big was it?

Lengua (beef tongue) - the cook said it was his secret and wouldn't tell us exactly how it was cooked. I've eaten plenty of lengua and this was the best I've ever had anywhere. It had cilantro, onions and guacamole, and of course I smothered it in their hottest red chile.

That sounds amazing. I love lengua. More in tacos, but I'm on board for anything.

See. I have to just shoot you down here. I put my foot down on Thai or Chinese places serving Japanese cuisine because, you know, Americans think Asian is Asian. But now you're throwing Mexican into the mix. That's just wrong.

It's is a fusion place that is very good. I know Thai is not Japanese but it is still very tasty. :LOL:

That sounds amazing. I love lengua. More in tacos, but I'm on board for anything.
It was absolutely amazing. We were trying to reverse engineer it - it was almost like it was deep-fried, but not quite that crispy and not greasy. He may have marinated it in something, kinda like carnitas, but we couldn't tell exactly what. I would have loved to have gotten his recipe, but he wasn't giving it up. Freaking magical.

Raspberry chipotle sauce? This I have to try.
I wasn't sure of it either but I gave it a try on a suggestion and I like it. Just remember to not get the raspberry chipotle inside and outside. Just inside.

Naugles Macho Combo Burrito, St. Louis, MO, USA

How big was it?
17 oz of burrito bliss

Seasoned ground beef, refried beans, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes (which I'd always forgo), onions, and their green sauce, wrapped in a flour tortilla.

The Naugles Macho Combo would be my first choice (I really miss them), but honestly, the Taco Bell Burrito Supreme is pretty good, too.

How big was it?

I'm within 90 min to that place. When this stuff all blows over I'm going to have to give that a try!!

Damn I was a day early with my surfv taco burrito yesterday

Steak burrito, usual fixins, hot salsa

Burrito enchilada style

I had a breakfast burrito in downtown San Diego before I left the hand crafted experience, and it was pretty magical. Wish I could remember the place.

One kind of burrito for the rest of my life? Probably chipotle. Not because I think it's the best..but because I love burritos and it's a nationwide chain. Anywhere else and I would have to be in a specific town or region to do so. Unless you mean type in general - then as much as I love breakfast burritos, I'd have to go handheld chicken and toppings for me.

homemade breakfast burrito, Hashbrowns, vegetarian grounds(fake hamburger), Cheese, scrambled eggs, Picante' and sour cream

I had a breakfast burrito in downtown San Diego before I left the hand crafted experience, and it was pretty magical. Wish I could remember the place.
El Indio?

If not, it was probably one of the "To's" - Roberto's, Alberto's, Rupertito's, Humberto's, etc. Taco shops are almost as common as Starbucks in San Diego. (y)

El Indio?

If not, it was probably one of the "To's" - Roberto's, Alberto's, Rupertito's, Humberto's, etc. Taco shops are almost as common as Starbucks in San Diego. (y)
I wish I remembered. There was a really popular spot I tried to go to but it was packed, and I ended up around the corner to a different place but can’t remember what it was called.

While not a true burrito, Taco Bell’s meximelt was a great beef burrito

Back