In Honor of National Burrito Day - What is Your Favorite Burrito?

Chicharron with salsa verde is my favorite. The local taquerias make huge burritos, they’re Wonderful but I don’t eat many, its just too much for a lunch.

Lucha Libre has an incredible burrito in San Diego. Adobada pork, grilled pineapple, french fries, sour cream, jack cheese, salsa, and habanero sauce. I usually add avocado.

There is another one here from a taco shop called cotijas. The hash brown burrito is like a massive delux breakfast burrito where the hashbrowns bacon and sausage are all deep fried. Best late night post bar burrito around.

From my Tucson college days Los Betos had a chilli rellano burrito that was something special.

Sancho's in Palo Alto, CA;
In SoCal Kogi BBQ truck from years ago... not sure its still in business

This is a multi part question as follows:

Where did you eat this magical burrito (city, state, country?)

How big was it?

What kind of burrito was it (feel free to be detailed about ingredients and cooking method here?)

If you had to eat one kind of burrito for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I'm about 95% certain I've yet to have my favorite burrito hahaha

Locally, it's basically Chipotle and everything else sucks.
I did enjoy some Cafe Rio for a while there, until I tried to eat one and then golf. Ouch.

Everything in my locale is a knock off.

The wife's favorite was at Verde Verde in Lihue Hawaii.
VERDE VERDE BURRITO Sautéed seasonal veggies in chipotle, guacamole, potatoes, cheese, green chile sauce.
Its been 10 years since we were there, and it is still one of our favorite places ever to eat.
Huge burrito. Free chips and salsa bar. A little hole in the wall place when we were there.

My favorite, same place.
ULTIMATE CHICKEN BURRITO Citrus-marinated chicken, cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, local greens, cabbage, cilantro-citrus rice, signature aioli & choice of red or green chile sauce (I got both sauces).

Mainland, I honestly don't eat burritos if I go out, always tacos. If I have to say a burrito here, McDonalds breakfast burrito..... but not on the disgusting whole wheat tortilla that they switched to here recently.

Two from San Diego...

one was chorizo and eggs with fresh avocado...weighed like a pound and split it

two...lolittas Mexican in San Diego! Huuuugggeee

I'm about 95% certain I've yet to have my favorite burrito hahaha

Locally, it's basically Chipotle and everything else sucks.
I did enjoy some Cafe Rio for a while there, until I tried to eat one and then golf. Ouch.

Everything in my locale is a knock off.
You don't have any taquerias?

Big Jerk from Flaming Amy’s in Wilmington, NC; Roasted red peppers, cheese, rice, beans, sour cream, Pineapple Jalapeño salsa, and Jamaican Jerk chicken.

Karina's Encinitas

BOMB Burrito

Carne Asada Two Taquitos guac cheese and fries.

It's a go to for me when I go home.

I actually think the best burrito I ever had came off the roach coach when I was stationed in 29 Palms, CA. A semi spicy beef and bean that was just amazing.

I am not a big burrito fan. I get bowls at Q-Doba type places. But if I really wanted a good burrito I would go to Burritos As Big As Your Head in Louisville and get a chorizo burrito.

Chipotle all day. Chicken, white rice, black beans, mild salsa, sour cream, cheese, Guac.

I took advantage of Burrito day as Chipotle was handing out free delivery and free queso! The new queso is pretty solid.

Big Jerk from Flaming Amy’s in Wilmington, NC; Roasted red peppers, cheese, rice, beans, sour cream, Pineapple Jalapeño salsa, and Jamaican Jerk chicken.
I've tried Flamin' Amy's a lot...just not a huge fan.

First and foremost, it would be on a low carb wrap. It would definitely have beans, cheese, and a blend of meats. Throw some guac in there to bump up the fat and I'd be good to go.

Back