In honor of the delayed Masters this year

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
I'm watching the 2019 Masters on replay. Not the same as live...but it reminds me of what we have to look forward to and some amazing golf!

They have some great highlight videos.

My money is on Tiger.

I have been watching the par 3 contest, but may skip the part where Finau does non-elective surgery on himself with the palm of his hand

Just realized this is 2019 not 2018 par three so no dislocated ankles! Huzzah!

I hope CBS replays the final round of the 2019 Masters in near future. Actually hope they replay all 4 rounds. Anyone heard any rumblings about a re-broadcast?

Would be nice if the Masters YouTube feed added the full 2019 round. Not like I’ve been watching them backwards from 2018 or anything..

I need to find this. Would love to watch it again.

2E75FD24-09E7-421B-A994-59D4299EE349.jpeg

There are full broadcasts of the final rounds of The Masters going back years on YouTube. I watched Faldo’s win against Scott Hoch the other day. Brought back good memories of staying up till last midnight on a school night to watch him win.

Watching highlights from the 1961 Masters. A few notes:

- ANGC was a dump; Magnolia Lane was not paved, with muddy standing water puddles down both sides. The trademark floral logo in front of the clubhouse was mixed flowers (some dead)
- there are bare spots everywhere in the fairways, and there is shaggy grass around the bunkers
- the bridges across Rae's creek are cheap wooden structures like you'd see at your local muni
- the tee shot on 18 looked about as wide open as the first hole at St. Andrews
- the caddies sat or laid down on the fringe while their player putted out
- the putters of the day had zero MOI
- golfers used a lot of body English, not to mention showing far more emotion in their celebrations (not to mention smoking like chimneys)
- there was garbage everywhere

Oh how things have improved:cool:

So awesome seeing the first tiger crowds at Augusta... I was so young in 97 and golf was not developed in my family as a sport... Never watched the Masters. So glad I got to check out tigers first.

Been kind of re-watching some of the final rounds of some classics via their YouTube Channel.

I've watched 04,10 and a few other final rds on YT in the last 2 weeks, it's awesome to see them again.

Watson 2012.jpg

Back